1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Leon, Simon, and Meijer are back! False Start returns as the first comic of the upcoming Katbox After Dark! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Uber Quest is printing volume II. Help support the kickstarter and get some heckin' swag here!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!
    Dismiss Notice

Yandere Simulator

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Eradose, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Eradose

Eradose Katbox Forum Member

Home Page:
    Has anyone actually played this?

For those who don't know, Yandere Simulator is a prototype game (currently 10% in development at the time of this post) where you play a girl trying to get her senpai, even if she has to kill everyone in her way.

More or less, the current build is a bug hunting sandbox where you can play around and see what kind of messed up stuff you can do. Kill students? Sure. Walk around naked? If you can figure out how to do it, go for it. Kidnap classmates? Why not? Electrocute your teacher? If you can do it, just do what makes you happy. Spread rumors? Well, I'm not sure it's in this build, but they're working on it.

They're saying the final game will be about you trying to do anything and everything in your power to get rid of your rivals. Killing them is the easiest way, but you got to dispose of the body and make sure no one ties it to you (clean up the scene, dispose of the weapon, etc). But there's also blackmail, making them fall in love with someone else, framing them for a crime... the list goes on.

The main problem is that there is currently no way to beat the game. You play the days, Monday through Friday, but there is no way to win just yet. As said before, they're still working on it, and for the most part, the game is now just a GTA style sandbox to do with as you please, and to test out new features as they come out. And it seems this is what people are enjoying right now, if the numerous Youtube videos are to say anything.

For the morbidly curious, you can find the game, and it's development blog, here.

I myself am still figuring out the controls, but I did find one neat trick. Press the / key to activate the Easter Egg menu. I tried out "Punished Mode" and this is what I got.

Punished mode.png
    Yes, that's supposed to be a tribute to Venom Snake (the developer even said he was taking two weeks off on the 1st to play MGS5). It even changes the game music to "Nuclear". Although I'm sure this feature will be removed in a final version.
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 27, 2015, Original Post Date: Aug 27, 2015 ---
    Markiplier's videos of the game.

2. Paradoxfox

Paradoxfox Katbox Forum Member

Home Page:
    Let's wait until it gets further down development to have a better discussion. Most likely, it will change a lot from either production rush or feature creep. One thing's for sure: The concept is something that interests people. Plus it helps that the maker has the skill and resources to bring it into reality. The guy knows it's got potential so best of luck to him I say.

3. hedgehodge

hedgehodge Katbox Forum Member

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    I played a really early build of this like once. I need to check it out again soon.

I'm not too hot on the whole idea of yanderes though but I can appreciate some sandbox carnage

Also I think I saw a vid on the creator's YT account one time showing that either the player or the senpai or both could be customized and that senpai could be either a girl or a guy or someth. Which was really cool I really hope they keep that on release.

4. Kuurion

Kuurion IE Kuuribro IE Kuubeans ID Kuubutts Staff Member Katbox Comic Artist

Home Page:
    Yeah I played this for a twitch stream some time ago, I heard about it in cooptional podcast I think. Based on what I've seen from Jack and Mark the game's almost doubled in ability and content since the build that I played (there was no teacher, no choosable classes or skills, no conversation at all, no basement, no extra buildings, just murder and burner) but I had my giggles with that so I'm gonna wait until they hit ... what they're comfortable calling an alpha, at the very least, before I go back for it myself.

5. Aeri

Aeri Resident Resident spirit expert Gallery Volunteer

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Cat boobs ain't a spreadsheet
    Same as everyone else, Although I feel a bit too bad for the other students to enjoy it probably. I actually happen to know a few of their names from examining the Wiki.

6. Captain Video

Captain Video Frontier Psychiatrist Staff Member Katbox Comic Writer

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    "No man can eat fifty Faberge eggs!"
    I watched Kuurion's Twitch playthrough, and even that was a lot of fun. I think I saw the makings of greatness in that beta and I hope the finished product will bear them out.

7. Eradose

Home Page:
    Here's some of the changes I noticed from earlier videos and my playthrough of it.

• There's no longer a change of clothes by the incinerator. You now have to go to the new locker room area to get them, and you have to bathe beforehand to get all the blood off you (again, in the locker room).
    • You can dump a bucket from the roof of the building on top of one of your victims. This can either be water, or blood.
    • You can lure a victim by leaving a note in their locker. This is only if you overhear their conversation during lunchtime.
    • You can throw someone off the roof, and make it look like suicide. Even more so if you leave a note (if your language skill is high enough). But this will bring up a large fence around the roof to prevent this in the future.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 2, 2015, Original Post Date: Aug 31, 2015 ---
    A new build came out yesterday. I have yet to play it, but here's the new features.

--- Double Post Merged, Mar 20, 2016 ---
    Been a while since I checked into this, but a new feature is being added to the game. Joining clubs and their benefits to your murderous rampage.

• Cooking club lets you hand out treats, allowing you to increase your reputation
    • Drama club gives you access to gloves, which prevents fingerprints from getting on weapons, and masks, to hide your identity (although it's suggested that the mask can be removed by victims or sempai in later builds, and masks will be removed after they're used).
    • Occult club means that people won't notice as quickly as before, since they're "weird", and you'll loose your sanity at a slower rate (since lower sanity means you take longer to kill someone, meaning if you're killing witnesses, lower sanity means they have more of a chance to get away).
    • Art club gets you a smock, which let's you get away with being covered in blood, since they'll just think it's red paint.
    • Music club get you access to large music instrument cases, allowing you to carry large weapons or bodies without being noticed.
    • Martial arts club gives you a boost to your physical combat skills (although they're still trying to balance what kind of boost it will give you).
    • Photography club lets you take pictures of students without raising suspicion. Also, the photography club also thinks of themselves as junior detectives, and will try to uncover any killing you do. However, they never think that one of their members could be a killer, so joining them will keep them off your back for a while.
    • The science club are also a bunch of "weirdos", and joining them will also make people notice you slower. You also get access to their cleaning robot, which can clean up blood for you, although it won't always work, so be careful (they also joke about a robot armor, and android students, but who knows if this is true or not).
    • Sports club lets you run faster, and carry sports equipment without being noticed
    • Gardening club lets you carry gardening tools without being noticed (the developer is working on another benefit allowing you to bury dead bodies).
    • Gaming club has no benefits at this time, and he can't think of any.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 20, 2016 ---
    A bit more about Delinquents that were mentioned in the recent video.

--- Double Post Merged, Mar 22, 2016 ---
    Markiplier returns to the game.

--- Double Post Merged, Mar 22, 2016 ---
    Team Four Star has Vegeta play it.

8. hedgehodge

hedgehodge Katbox Forum Member

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    I'm a little concerned about feature creep for some reason but otherwise this is pretty interesting so far.

I'm a little preoccupied to check right now but does one of the game mechanics actually involve masturbating to a picture of your senpai or is that something that was only implied??

9. Eradose

Home Page:
    No. There is no such option in the game. The only real perverted thing in the game right now is the ability to take panty shots of the female students for Info-Chan (your information broker who can do favors for you if you give her enough panty shot pictures, ranging from hiding weapons to her to delaying the police so you have more time to clean up).

As for violence, it sure doesn't shy away from it. You can toss someone from the roof, dismember bodies, sacrifice students to demons, drive someone to suicide, kindnap and torture students to make them mindless slaves... And the list will go on.

10. Tenjen

Tenjen Lynx Ram

Personal Text:
    half-bah maow's*
    is the option to go through it peacefully (albeit manipulatively) still in there? ie hooking up rivals with other boys etc etc

11. Eradose

Home Page:
    There will be an option to make your rival fall in love with someone else, but it's not been implemented as of yet. Currently, the only non-violent way to deal with your rival is to ruin her reputation via gossip and social media. Granted, if it gets too low, she'll kill herself.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 24, 2016, Original Post Date: Mar 23, 2016 ---
    The developer has a video talking about his final plans for the game, and what he hopes to accomplish.

And his thoughts on the game's final title when it comes out.

--- Double Post Merged, Mar 25, 2016 ---
    A little secret mini-game hidden in this.

--- Double Post Merged, Mar 27, 2016 ---

--- Double Post Merged, Apr 1, 2016 ---

12. Eradose

Home Page:

--- Double Post Merged, Apr 9, 2016, Original Post Date: Apr 3, 2016 ---

--- Double Post Merged, Apr 16, 2016 ---
    New feature today.

--- Double Post Merged, Apr 17, 2016 ---
    Not so much a game video, as just something goofy they put on the official YouTube channel.

--- Double Post Merged, Apr 26, 2016 ---
    Anyone who has played the game will understand...

13. Eradose

Home Page:
    New elimination method. And this one doesn't require bloodshed.

--- Double Post Merged, May 16, 2016, Original Post Date: May 1, 2016 ---
    With the new update running late (it was supposed to be up yesterday, but it's taking a while to implement the new features), the developer has posted some pictures to show the new content he's working on, and will post a new picture each day until the new update is ready.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So we have a new character in the student roster, and a camera set up in Yandere-chan's basement. What twisted stuff are we going to see now?
    --- Double Post Merged, May 19, 2016 ---
    Well, we have word as to why the update is taking so long, as he's trying to implement one of his most complex eliminations yet. Here's the description given on the blog...

So yeah, we're going to have a cutscene in the game, and he says it's going to be at least 3 minutes long. The thing is that he's still waiting for the volunteer animator to send it back to him, so we have no ETA at the time. However, he is working on other things to make sure he gets some work done on the game while waiting...

Because of the massive amount of content he's putting in, he's calling the next build a "Super Build".
    --- Double Post Merged, May 22, 2016 ---
    A few new disposal methods being hinted at for the next build.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    --- Double Post Merged, May 30, 2016 ---
    The developer has announced that he'll be working on a new school uniform design for the final version of the game.

[​IMG]
    He stated that this may not be the "final" design, and the classic sailor uniform will still be an option, but this will represent where he wants the character designs to go in the final game (as, if you haven't realized already, the game uses store bought assets as placeholders until the majority of the features are implemented).

The volunteers have also been hard at work with new costumes and models. Here's a new outfit being hinted at for a future build.
    [​IMG]

And a Jo-Jo inspired easter egg for a later build...
    [​IMG]

As of now, the new elimination method is ready, and is being polished up for the June 1st release.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 1, 2016 ---
    Another "potentially" non-lethal method to eliminate a rival.

--- Double Post Merged, Jun 5, 2016 ---
    The developer is asking if he should add a new mechanic to the game.

--- Double Post Merged, Jun 6, 2016 ---
    ...And the public response to the idea.

--- Double Post Merged, Jun 18, 2016 ---
    The developer is working on putting in some of the content he's got since the start of the year.

--- Double Post Merged, Jun 25, 2016 ---
    We got a look at the new inventory system the developer is working on.
    [​IMG]
    Very RE4 in a way, but it's still a ways away from being implemented. Also, since she's opening her skirt to do this, there was the issues of having her flash her panties every time you opened the inventory screen. The developer originally decided on this black outline, but later hit on the idea that Yandere-Chan wears a custom skirt, which you can see the concept for here.

[​IMG]

Merrick Rose likes this.
  14. Eradose

Home Page:
    And we have a music video of everyone's favorite annoyance from the feature videos.

--- Double Post Merged, Jun 29, 2016, Original Post Date: Jun 25, 2016 ---
    Now stealing that quiz sheet to frame your rival just got harder.

--- Double Post Merged, Jul 13, 2016 ---
    The game's official website is now live, along with a game launcher that will auto-update the game on your computer when a new build is available.

--- Double Post Merged, Jul 24, 2016 ---

--- Double Post Merged, Jul 25, 2016 ---
    Here's one Youtuber's views on the idea of killing kittens in the game.

He makes a good point. Sure, it's controversial, but this is being put in for logical reasons, not just for shock value. And again, you don't HAVE to do it (I personally won't, and this guys says he won't either).
    --- Double Post Merged, Jul 29, 2016 ---
    New development on the blog.

So yeah, burying bodies is only temporary, and it makes more sense this way.

15. Eradose

Home Page:
    She just can't die, can she?

--- Double Post Merged, Aug 7, 2016, Original Post Date: Aug 7, 2016 ---

--- Double Post Merged, Aug 15, 2016 ---
    And now the sanity attack system is in place, as well as stealth kills.

Edit: Wrong link was posted. For some reason, the copy URL option didn't work at first. Should be fixed.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 1, 2016 ---
    A new socialization system is in the game, which will be needed for the next elimination method.

--- Double Post Merged, Sep 12, 2016 ---
    If you're not above installing mods in your copy of Super Smash Bros, here's an interesting one.

16. Eradose

Home Page:
    A few challenges to try if you want to make things harder.

--- Double Post Merged, Sep 14, 2016, Original Post Date: Sep 14, 2016 ---
    It's coming. The last major elimination method...

--- Double Post Merged, Sep 18, 2016 ---
    Looks like the game is going through a few changes come next build.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We also got some hints as to the new content that will be needed for the Matchmaking method.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Eradose

Home Page:
    Matchmaking is up now.

--- Double Post Merged, Sep 28, 2016, Original Post Date: Sep 22, 2016 ---
    Now we get a look at the rivals Yandere-Chan has to kill to get Sempai. One will be very familiar to those who've played the game up until now.

--- Double Post Merged, Oct 2, 2016 ---
    Yandere-Dev has made a video about what he need to work on before the first real rival is introduced.

--- Double Post Merged, Oct 16, 2016 ---

--- Double Post Merged, Nov 1, 2016 ---
    Apparently, for Halloween, YandereDev made an Undertale parody game. And yes, you can download and play it yourself.

Yandere-Chan also is a cameo character in Crush-Crush, which is a date sim game on Steam right now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

You may have also noticed something. Yandere-Chan now has an official name. She's now called Ayano.

18. Eradose

Home Page:

--- Double Post Merged, Nov 8, 2016, Original Post Date: Nov 4, 2016 ---

--- Double Post Merged, Nov 20, 2016 ---
    New gameplay mode for Yandere Simulator. This one should give you some actual challenge.

19. Eradose

Home Page:
  20. Eradose

Home Page:
  21. Eradose

Home Page:
    Well, YandereDev recently had to make a rant video because after a year, Twitch still has not given him a reason as to why Yandere Simulator is banned from their site.

--- Double Post Merged, Feb 2, 2017, Original Post Date: Jan 22, 2017 ---

--- Double Post Merged, Feb 11, 2017 ---
    Well, Twitch finally replied to the Yandere Simulator's ban.

--- Double Post Merged, Feb 16, 2017 ---
    Well, Yandere Dev did a video to explain why it's taking so long to develop this game.

--- Double Post Merged, Feb 17, 2017 ---

22. Eradose

Home Page:
    The company behind Hello Neighbor has now teamed up with YandereDev to help working on the game.

--- Double Post Merged, Mar 24, 2017, Original Post Date: Mar 1, 2017 ---

--- Double Post Merged, Apr 1, 2017 ---
    Here's the April 1st video.

--- Double Post Merged, Apr 3, 2017 ---

--- Double Post Merged, Apr 15, 2017 ---
    Yandere Dev talks shop about how he wants to have the character models in the final game, and shows a preview of a new elimination method.

EDIT: Due to a recent "issue" Youtube had with the video, YandereDev had to reupload a new version. And no, this wasn't a Fair Use issue. It was, after all this time, censoring gore. Something that hasn't been an issue so far.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  23. Eradose

Home Page:
    YandereDev talks about the future of everyone's favorite victim (aside from Midori).

--- Double Post Merged, Jul 17, 2017, Original Post Date: May 18, 2017 ---
    The game has now been upgraded to the Unity 5 engine, and the javascript coding has been replaced by C#, so progress is going a lot faster now.

--- Double Post Merged, Jul 26, 2017 ---