White Wing Guild. RP (Open)

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

Loke

King of Kings
Sep 27, 2011
Not your business
johanneshewley.deviantart.com
Personal Text
Just believe in me
A new continent has been discovered, new lands and wonderful resources have made their way to the now called "old kingdom"
News about the grand discovery has spread throughout the land provoking a massive naval mobilization towards "Landa" he new continent. Some guilds have already made their way deep,into the continent marking their territory with high and sturdy wooden fences and tall fancy manors to store their goods and members from the dangers of the new land.
Monsters never seen before and wild spirits have been spotted killing and destroying everything and everyone in sight.
Many guilds offer a grand salary for those brave men and women who are willing to travel into distant land in order to work the fields, take mining labor or rise their sword and axe to defend the working class.

It is early in the morning, the sun is not even out yet but the sky is light enough for you to walk the port without falling into a puddle of piss or the bast ocean before you.
All along the shore line you find announces and contracts, each one better than the last offering food, transportation, a considerable amount of money for an also considerably amount of time spent far from home but there is one that calls for your attention.

"WHITE WING GUILD"
By word of the Duke Rorik von Falkenrath
Men and women ready to work, serve and fight are invited to join the White Wing forces, we are to serve as a safe bastion for the new land expeditions.
The new continent called as "Landa" is home dangerous beasts, wraiths and gods we have never seen, heard nor spoken before.
The mission is dangerous and holds no certain date for it to end.

If you decide to join our forces, proper equipment will be given to your person with no charge
The "Grosse" will serve as your vessel
The payment shall be as great as your accomplishments
100 gold coins for every month you spent in active duty (Warriors)
60 gold coins for every month spent working the land (Farmers)
65 gold coins for every month spent mining (Miners)

Present yourself

7th dock, Grosse vessel

May the glory of our gods guide your way
LONG LIVE DUKE RORIK VON FALKENRATH

---------------
Your adventure shall begin as son as you present yourself to the 7th dock for inspection.
May the gods guide your way!

Loke

King of Kings
Sep 27, 2011
Not your business
Personal Text
Just believe in me
The sun raises slowly and a soft warmth rubs against your skin... or armor.

You walk down the docks, in the distance an imposing vessel invades your eyes. The ship was big, enough to store a small army you think but maybe you are just misjudging it's true capacity.
On the side you can already spot some people lining up before four uniformed men.
Their fancy red coats are adorned perfectly by white leather belts around their waists.

Aldous: "Form up, men! Straight line!"

The captain walks through the dock, you can recognize him by the pair of white wings he carries on his left shoulder.

Captain Vladislav: "Straighten up!" He orders As he passes his sight through the men. In time he stares at the plated knight.
The captain walks straight and imposing towards you, with a serious look in his eyes.
The captain Vladislav was a tall well fit dog with a smaller and obedient fennec who held jealously a note book at his side.

Captain Vladislav: "Full plate on the shore line? A bold choice knowing that salt rusts iron rather quickly."
He stares at you for a moment before putting his hands behind him
"Anyway, we have urgent business to attend. I presume you are here to join the White Wing forces, for that your information is required. Julian!"
He ordered

Julian: "Sir! Already taking note, Sir!" The fennec nodded

Captain Vladislav: "Age, name, specie, weight, height, occupation and nationality. Answer!"
----

Character creation time.
The captain is in need of your most basic info, that is for story proposes.
Now, some rules.
Please don't start as a living legend
With time your character can choose to become a hero or villain if you choose but for now please don't spoil the fun.

This is an open game, yes, but it is also aimed to character development so keep it cool... pretty please.

Long posts are welcome... while they have substance to them, having four paragraphs of your character scratching its belly is not fun neither to read or to play with.

Don't kill other fellow characters without their permission. Pretty basic, pretty strict.

Sex is allowed in this role play but to accommodate ourselves with other posts if your character engages in EXPLICIT sexual activity, please use an SPOILER for it.

Do what is possible, shooting an arrow from one continent to the other won't be possible and won't have an effect.

You have two days to post your reply / next move. If you don't continue posting after five days your character will be left behind until a checkpoint is reached. You have 3 opportunities, spend them wisely.

I like drama but I'll admit I really went too far the last time, let's have some fun! This doesn't forbid drama, let's use it when it's needed!

I don't plan on using any character from any katbox comic here, they are welcome to participate, and if you want to impersonate them, go ahead just, once again: keep it cool.

I think that's all...
LETS ROCK!!!

Darth Dies

The Guardian
Feb 25, 2016
Unknown
The Knight stands in attention.
"My name is Richard. I was born 25 years ago on this day,I stand at 1.95m and I weight 60kg. My father was a wolf,and my mother an arctic fox,making me a hybrid of the two. I would like to request that my nationality remains unknown. Sir."

Loke

King of Kings
Sep 27, 2011
Not your business
Personal Text
Just believe in me
Julian, the small fennec at the captain's side writes down every word you utter, it almost seems he can read your mind for when you stop speaking he has already finished taking note.
The fennec straightened his back and handed the notebook to the Captain.

Captain Vladislav takes a look st the notes made, he frowns upon you being quite underweight for a man of such height but he brushed it off thinking that's the result of this old continent harsh conditions, he raises his gaze at you, imposing and cold. He hands the notebook back to Julian and gesticulated with his hand at the fennec.
Julian seemed amazed yet he takes the order and hands back a red envelope sealed with white wings just as the ones the captain carries in his shoulder.

He hands the red envelope to you.

Captain Vladislav: "Sir Richard! Do you swear loyalty to the duke Rorik von Falkenrath, to the glorious White Wings and to our cause?
Do you accept the men and women sheltered by our White Wings as your brethren in arms and service?

You shout "I do!"
You take the red envelope.

The Captain salutes you and takes a step back granting you acces to the Grosse.

The envelope contains a ONE wing insignia, this symbolizes your affiliation to the guild as well as your position within its ranks. Don't trade it or lose it, doing so will break your relation with the guild.
Another item you find is a Silver Boucher.
This item grants you four pieces of equipment for free from the guild's armory, you may exchange it once the ship has arrived to Landa.
Lastly you find four red pills, these are used to calm sea sickness.

Captain Vladislav: "Now go into the ship, well be parting soon" (for real, I will wait just a little. The rest of you who want to play can start into the ship OR once we arrive to Landa. You will have the same envelope with the same items once you enter the game")

You take at the ship, you can merely see some heads here and there as well as many sailors climbing up the ropes of the ships.

As you walk up the bridge to the ship you find many armed men and women, everyone is talking to each other some are laughing while some other are already feeling sick.
Out of all of them you spot a tall fox, she's sitted on the other side of the ship, she notices you and waves her wand at you.

Loke

King of Kings
Sep 27, 2011
Not your business
Personal Text
Just believe in me
The fox has her arms crossed and her right leg over her left one.
She is wearing tight leather pants and a white silk blouse that hangs around her shoulders.
It is a little hard to recognize but you guess she is an archer although she is not carrying her weapons.
Her hair was long and shiny red, her ember eyes nail into you but she has a gentle smile drawn on her lips.

"Good morning sir, welcome board"
She placed her hand on a place right next to her
"Wanna take a seat? Go ahead, that armor must be heavy"

Loke

King of Kings
Sep 27, 2011
Not your business
Personal Text
Just believe in me
The fox smiled at Richard and laughed at the crossbreed afirmation.

"An item for the wealthy, plate armor. The name is Karin, why is everyone here? For gold, for freedom. Nortamria is dead, Richard.... This land though in peace has nothing else to it. Every rock has been lifted, every piece of land is conquered. Look, the sea. What else is out there? How many treasures are we to find? That's what I'm here... how about you?"

Darth Dies

The Guardian
Feb 25, 2016
Unknown
Richard took of his helm during the convo.
"Well that about covers my reasons for joining..." answered Richard "Who knows what waits on this new continent..." Richard looked at the sea "what If there are more like it?.."

Darth Dies

The Guardian
Feb 25, 2016
Unknown
Richard looked at the Fox and smiled
"You're not much different from me then..." he leans back "I always wanted to see the world...It's wonders,it's vast cultures...I didn't care about the wealth..but..there is something I desired.."

Darth Dies

The Guardian
Feb 25, 2016
Unknown
"A family...." said Richard his little smile gone as if something happened in the past.
"I think this is where our simarities end?.." Richard smiles at,what he proceeds to be Irony.

Loke

King of Kings
Sep 27, 2011
Not your business
Personal Text
Just believe in me
Karin sighed "Luckly for our conversation, no. My parents before I had chance to meet them... or at least remember them, I was picked up by a merchant caravan and rised there. With time I learned to use the bow, we needed to defend ourselves and I've never been keen of swords nor heavy armor. So relax big man, I guess you've found a friend"

Loke

King of Kings
Sep 27, 2011
Not your business
Personal Text
Just believe in me
After a few hours the Captain stepped into the ship. Everyone stopped and saluted him as he walked up the stairs and took the wheel of the vessel.

"All Aboard!" he shouted
"All here sir!" everyone replied
"Rise the anchor!" he ordered
"Main Topsail!, Fore Topsail! Brace yourselves men, we are going WEST"

The Grosse then began moving, you see sailors running here and there and as the suns hits it's highest point you are already in open sea.

Loke

King of Kings
Sep 27, 2011
Not your business
Personal Text
Just believe in me
Captain Vladislav: "Torches? Torches lit?"

You get closer to the shore and in time firery arrows struck the vessel.

Sailor: "Attack! We are being attacked!"

Everyone on the ship began taking their weapons and armor, you are at the front line.

Captain Vladislav: "This is the way other guilds will great you, men! We shall meet once the battle is over, may the gods guide our way"

The ship hits the shore, everybody is shaken and you are told to jump down the ship. You spot armed men running towards you. It is dark and your only light is that of the incendiary arrows and the torches of your enemy.

May the gods Guide your way

Loke

King of Kings
Sep 27, 2011
Not your business
Personal Text
Just believe in me
An arrow makes it's way next to your head nailing itself into the head of a bandit.

"Look out!" Karin yells from the deck of the ship as she takes out another arrow

Two men make your way against you, while another man stands by your side "Brothers in arms huh?"

the first bandit throws a blow with his wooden club at the knight while the second struggles with your companion

Darth Dies

The Guardian
Feb 25, 2016
Unknown
The wooden club wasn't very effective. In respones the knight hits the bandit in the face before grabing his chest and headbutting him. Still holding onto his chest,the knight lifts him up and throws him to the ground before driving his sword into the bandits body.

The knight turns his attention to the second one in an attempt to help his comrade.

Loke

King of Kings
Sep 27, 2011
Not your business
Personal Text
Just believe in me
The bandit gasps as the knight's sword pierces his chest slicing his heart in half he spits blood as he twitches before life escapes from his hands.

The man at your right is hit by the bandit's broadsword, his arm is wounded. He kneels for the pain is unbearable, the bandit places his sword on the man's throat before he spits on the bandit's face.