What are you up to?

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!
Feb 29, 2012
Dammit, that sucks. Really hope things turn around.
Doesn't look like that will happen anytime soon. Western New York is trying to increase its population by trying to appeal to people out of state to move there. This has created many problems the most notable are.

1) The requirements to get a job have been risen drastically. Entry level positions now require at least 4 years previous experience. (Instead of being the level people are trained)

2) Because of number 1 many college students are leaving the state to find full-time employment. Which is actually dropping the population.

3) Most of the new people that have moved here have never seen snow before and have no idea how to drive in it. So there have been many accidents this winter.

Darth Dies

The Guardian
Feb 25, 2016
Unknown
Doesn't look like that will happen anytime soon. Western New York is trying to increase its population by trying to appeal to people out of state to move there. This has created many problems the most notable are.

1) The requirements to get a job have been risen drastically. Entry level positions now require at least 4 years previous experience. (Instead of being the level people are trained)

2) Because of number 1 many college students are leaving the state to find full-time employment. Which is actually dropping the population.

3) Most of the new people that have moved here have never seen snow before and have no idea how to drive in it. So there have been many accidents this winter.
Well that backfired...

Hoppy

Fuzzy Old Guy
Sep 2, 2013
Northern Illinois
Personal Text
"Growing OLD is mandatory, but growing UP is entirely optional."
I just bought 4 new tires for my care!! Hurray!! For less than $600, installed!! Hurray!!
(So long, tax refund... )

Just saw a video of large cats purring. Now wondering if Mihari purrs.
Try scratching her behind her ears and see. Just be careful not to loose a hand in the attempt.

I'm currently working on personifications of Chica. All three versions of her (since Withered and Phantom Chica are just different variations of regular Chica). I'm not really happy with basic Chica, since I wanted to make her very curvy, but it didn't turn out that way. I'm at least okay with how Toy Chica turned out, even if her socks look weird, and as for Nightmare Chica... why did I think it would be a good idea to give her so many piercing?

And these are "Cast-Off" works, meaning I have to make heavy edits to the lineart, extracting the clothing, underwear, and nude layers from a single lineart. I can do one at a time, but three at once is going to be a lot of work.

And then I had some guy on a Discord server say my anatomy needs work when I posted the WIP picture for normal Chica. As he doses EVERY TIME I post one of my pictures on there. It feels less like constructive criticism, and more like he's trying to put me down. Then again, I never saw eye to eye with the guy anyway. He's one of those mods that will occasionally overstep his authority, and I just try to avoid the guy if at all possible.
[doublepost=1490632494,1490422563][/doublepost]My mouse died today. Tried to put in some new batteries, and it won't recognize them. Could just be because they're those fancy long life batteries that don't have alkaline in them (as the old batteries at least make the light flash for a brief second before dying out, where as the new ones do nothing). So until I can get some cheap batteries to see what the issue is, I'm stuck using the touch pad, which is complete shit, and is not a tool I want to be using on my art programs, or anything else for that matter.

Feb 29, 2012
Job hunting isn't yielding results. No one wants to hire a person with mental disabilities. I may have to consider leaving the state, or even the country in order to find work.

I recently posted some art progress on a Discord server, and I had this happen...

poop1.png

poop2.png

poop3.png

poop4.png

I've had this jackass putting down my art for months now. The worst part is that he's one of the moderators of the server. He says it's "constructive criticism", but all it is is him saying my anatomy sucks, and to "get good". I had to take my commission info of the Discord server because I just can't stand this guy.

And before you ask why I don't just leave. Everyone else is okay. He's just the ass everyone either is annoyed by, or just doesn't want to deal with.

Edit: Never mind, I left.

Last edited:
You would imagine someone who knows anything about art and artists would've learned by now that you don't critique unless its requested... I usually rule out the first point if that happens regardless.
Yeah, the guy was a real art snob. Always saying how people need to take life drawing lessons if they even want to be anywhere close to acceptable, and how using pictures as references doesn't help, and it's not how "real" artists do it. Having him say stuff like that I could stand, as everyone has different ways of doing thing. The fact he constantly put down my art, to the point of saying I shouldn't charge money for it because it's not "quality enough", just got to me. There were even times I pointed out a flaw in my picture, and he STILL bitched about it.

I don't feel like drawing for a while after this.

F-Frost

Katbox Forum Member
Sep 1, 2016
f-frost.deviantart.com
Yeah, the guy was a real art snob. Always saying how people need to take life drawing lessons if they even want to be anywhere close to acceptable, and how using pictures as references doesn't help, and it's not how "real" artists do it. Having him say stuff like that I could stand, as everyone has different ways of doing thing. The fact he constantly put down my art, to the point of saying I shouldn't charge money for it because it's not "quality enough", just got to me. There were even times I pointed out a flaw in my picture, and he STILL bitched about it.

I don't feel like drawing for a while after this.
Yea that's about the only thing to come out of that sort of unwanted critique bs, a load of nothing but shite for everyone. Sure every sort of community has that sort of people but art is rather precarious compared to most. So tread lightly and be prepared to tread the hell away from idiots.

Paradoxfox

Katbox Forum Member
Mar 2, 2011
USA
www.co-comic.com
This week I'm fixing to get ready for ComicPalooza on the weekend. I previously volunteered there for a few cons and this will be my second time sharing a table with somebody. Apparently, writers are artists too!

Hoppy

Fuzzy Old Guy
Sep 2, 2013
Northern Illinois
Personal Text
I had my second date with the lovely young lady I'm seeing now and I think I can safely say it went pretty damn well. We started by taking a leisurely stroll through a bookstore, talking about various things we like to read. She is also into anime and manga, so we shared some of our current favorites in the manga aisle. Then we went to a nice (and somewhat expensive) steakhouse for dinner, flirting the entire time... she even did the manga romance cliche of feeding me a few bites herself. Which got us laughing a bit. Then we took another leisurely stroll along a beautiful downtown riverwalk before sitting on a park bench and admiring the moon and stars that were shining brightly. So romantic!

....and then she had her wicked way with me and forced me to make out on the park bench until I had to leave for work. (Man, I miss the emoticons to give this proper emphasis and context.)
[doublepost=1494473986,1494251742][/doublepost]Am I rushing things? Moving too fast? Maybe I'm just dreaming??.... 3rd date, I proposed... she said "yes"

....this has gotta be a dream, right?

fennec

The Reclining Viking
Katbox Patreon
Oct 11, 2013
Australia
Personal Text
I regret nothing
I'm standing out front of a take away place waiting for food and it's hilarious. I'm wearing my fluro green training shorts (basically loose hot pants) and people either don't want to look at my gloriously hairy legs, or give a weird look. One girl flashed a smile, so that's a win.

Hoppy

Fuzzy Old Guy
Sep 2, 2013
Northern Illinois
Personal Text
Just had breakfast with my mom and my future wife who already has ME wrapped up and now is starting to conquer the future mother-in-law. This woman is amazing.

We will be going out shopping for wedding rings today.

I also finally gave in to the Facebook pressure and made an account there.

Last edited:

Red Flare

May 17, 2017
Personal Text
Listening to Sabaton and Powerwolf makes me want to crusade
Made this account because I want to interact people with similar likes/hobbies as I do.

Just finished 3rd year of high school yesterday looking forward to my not so summer vacation (in this tropical land I live in has only 2 season which are summer and "raining" season and the "raining" season is gonna hit soon specifically early June).

I'm currently doing a "all nighter" if you can call it that but it's basically me watching a marathon at night to dawn.

Hoppy

Fuzzy Old Guy
Sep 2, 2013
Northern Illinois
Personal Text
I think I am currently living inside a manga story. My fiancé is at my house, cooking up some chicken curry for me. This only happens in mangas, right?

Red Flare

May 17, 2017
Personal Text
Listening to Sabaton and Powerwolf makes me want to crusade
I think I am currently living inside a manga story. My fiancé is at my house, cooking up some chicken curry for me. This only happens in mangas, right?
You forgot the part where she only wears a apron cliche

F-Frost

Katbox Forum Member
Sep 1, 2016
f-frost.deviantart.com
Weather is so-so, job is stressful, my throat is broken and now I managed to sprain my finger. But I look outside and see a car. My car. It's bright red, extremely tiny, and it just radiates joy and I just really freaking love that tiny lil' thing and just looking at it makes me happy. Usually my experiences with cars are oil, sweat, blood and tears and I'm not used to looking at them and smile.

Meijin_Sigma

Katbox Forum Member
Mar 21, 2016
Making some progress, a new interview coming up, made a practice 3d comic page still needs work, and making huge progress on Katbox Arena.

anyways back to exile I go