What are you playing: MK II

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

Eradose

Outside contributer, not comunuty member.
Jun 1, 2009
www.furaffinity.net
Been playing Star Wars Battlefront 2 on Steam recently.

I don't remember the game being this frustratingly difficult. It seems like I'm the only one doing the work in single player modes, with the team AI too stupid to do anything right. The Jedi Temple mission is the worst so far, as they tend to focus on enemies on the other side of the room rather than the Jedi RIGHT FUCKING NEXT TO THEM! The same with Galactic Conquest mode, as the AI rarely every captures points on the map on their own. And let's not even begin on the enemy AI, which seem to always get vehicles, always swarm en-mass, and always go for the objectives.

Did they nerf the difficulty on the console versions? Because I remember back when I played this on the original Xbox, and I never lost a mission. Here it seems the game has no mercy at all. And yes, I HAVE IT SET ON THE LOWEST DIFFICULTY SETTING!

I have seriously almost put my fist through my monitor after the 20th reset of the Jedi Temple mission. Maybe when I play this with other people, I'll have more fun.
[doublepost=1460727427,1452493795][/doublepost]Been playing Senran Kagura Estival Versus on my Vita. A major difference between this game and the previous ones is that the Shinobi Girl Heart side missions are not playable at the start of the game. You have to unlock them in the main story campaign. Also, the main campaign is one single story arc, instead of being split into faction specific story modes.

There has been some funny stories in the side missions. Like the infamous pervert Kat loosing her interesting in groping boobs and trying to find a new interest, Hanzo switching bodies with his granddaughter and going on his dirty old man way with it, Murakumo trying to function without her mask, and Ikargua putting on a super hero stage show with the other characters trying to steal the show from her.

The main story on the other hand... There's a few emotional scenes in the story. Not going to spoil them, but when you begin the game, you might have an idea of what some of the characters are going to go through later on in the story.
[doublepost=1461472826][/doublepost]Since it's free until the end of the month, downloaded Saint's Row IV on my Xbox 360. Started a new campaign as Miles :amazeMiles: , although I am tempted to go back to my Rachael campaign since I also got the two DLC chapters. :pointsRachael:
[doublepost=1466710060][/doublepost]Got the Bloodstained demo... and it's unplayable on my computer. First time I tried to run it, the game crashed entirely. The second time, the frame rate was so bad that it was unplayable (not to mention because of it, my hits weren't registering, so I couldn't damage a damn thing).

Then again, when it said it was on the Unreal Engine 4, I knew I was in trouble. If you don't have a top of the line computer, good luck getting the demo to work. Glad I went for the Vita version for the full game.

Eradose

Jun 1, 2009
www.furaffinity.net
Just finished Shantae: 1/2 Genie Hero on PS Vita. Want to work on a review sometime soon. I will say this about it. It won't make you cry like an anime fan on prom night.

Apr 26, 2007
Arizona
After fixing it so that it can run on a 144hz monitor, I managed to install and get (back) into the new special edition of Skyrim. I've forgotten how much of a time-sink this game is -- even if you've played it at least a dozen or so times.

I went with a wood elf thief-assassin (because that's where we all end up eventually, amiright) for my run, and, so far, I've done most of the vanilla quests and all the Dawnguard content. I'm putting off Dragonborn's content for when I get my best gear, and I'll probably do the Heathfire stuff, too, at the end.

When I'm not playing that, it's pretty much been a lot of Overwatch.

Eradose

Jun 1, 2009
www.furaffinity.net
Been playing a lot of Super Dungeon Tactics. It emulates the board game well enough (at least the "Arcade Mode" rules). But I do find that the dice system they implemented each turn is unbalanced. Basically, it acts as your buffs and debuffs each turn, and the AI also picks from this pool, with the order going by the turn's initiative. All it takes is one bad roll and a bad initiative layout, and you can find yourself in a situation where the AI has taken all the buffs, and leaves you with nothing but the skulls (which cause huge debuffs in your heroes, such as low attack scores, dropped defenses, or even a HP loss, but buffs enemies). And only one round of that can make a scenario unwinnable.

As for my current hero roster, here's a look at my current guild hall.
Screenshot 2.png
8 were named after Katbox characters, two were names I came up with at random, and one... well, Candy is Soda Pop Miniatures' mascot, so her name is stuck by default.

Radagast

Gallery Volunteer
Feb 29, 2012
Just finished a run of Skyrim Special Edition. Fair warning to those that have it: Skyrim SE seems to have trouble recognizing Nvidia graphics cards and performance suffers greatly for it. For anyone who suspects they might have a similar issue, I found a solution on another forum. Repasting it here:

Skyrim SE seems to have trouble recognizing NVIDIA graphics cards. This means that it will often default to a considerably lesser integrated graphics card. If this has happened to you, pull up the NVIDIA control panel, go to Manage 3D Settings and hit the Program Settings tab. Check the drop down list for skyrimse.exe and skyrimselauncher.exe If my experience is anything to go off of, they are unlikely to be there, so hit "add" and find them on the list. After selecting either of them, go to #2 on the panel "Select the preferred graphics processor for this program". By all accounts it'll likely show itself as defaulting to "integrated" graphics. Switch it over to NVIDIA high performance. Do the same for the other program as well (skyrimse.exe or skyrimselauncher.exe).

After I did this, the recommended graphics settings jumped right back up from Low to Ultra High again, the flicker effect was gone, and my game ran considerably more smoothly. If anyone has been experiencing similar problems, I hope this helped.

Anyways, did a full runthrough and got all the achievements, so now I'm waiting on some "essential" mods (I miss SkyUI so much) before I go for another one.

For now though, it's Tales of Zestiria and Dark Souls

Tenjen

Lynx Ram
May 19, 2008
Personal Text
half-bah maow's*
playing a lot of warframe. Rhino Prime main but i also have a Valkyr, Volt prime, Ember prime and Frost Prime.

Quite a bit of fun, found a clan of good people

F-Frost

Katbox Forum Member
Sep 1, 2016
f-frost.deviantart.com
Decided to get a rank again this season on Overwatch.
Aaand I lost 7/10... Better than 8 and one draw I guess.
No I'm not salty, that white powder coming out of my every crevice is perfectly normal. Time to start climbing again then.

Or play FS17. Yea, driving tractors seems like the better choice to be honest.

Eradose

Jun 1, 2009
www.furaffinity.net
Super Dungeon Tactics nearly made me punch my screen in. Here's what happened...

The mission I was on required me to take out four archers in a central tower, and only two of my characters could even reach them (why none of my spellcasters, I don't understand). On top of that, they did triple the normal damage. Then, once they were dead, I had to go to the farthest edge of the map to plant a bomb, then go all they way to the other side of the map to regroup (that means every character I still have on the map had to get over there), then on top of that, once I did, I had to fight THREE BOSS TIER CHARACTERS WITH 20+ HP.

The real problem was that it was the last mission of a 4 mission story scenario, and by the time I got there, most of my potions were used up, my party was at most half health, and I was getting a lot of skulls for the buff rolls. By the time I got what surviving members I had left to the regroup spot, I only had three characters left at 3 HP or less, with all of my ranged and high damage characters dead, and no healing items left. So I threw in the towel and quit the game. The characters I had left would only take one hit before they died, and there was no way they could do enough damage to take anything out in one turn.

And since I was only using one save file, it will restart me at the mission all over again with those dire conditions. So the only way I can try the scenario again with the chance of a better set up is to completely restart the game.
[doublepost=1482783243,1482208554][/doublepost]Current guild hall now.
screenshot 3.png
Super Dungeon Tactics recently had a patch that fixed some of the control issues (such as having the keyboard arrow keys let you move the camera around the map, rather than holding down the mouse wheel), and did a rebalance of the buff and debuffs. So, I was (barely I might add) able to beat the mission I was stuck on. Sure, only two people survived at the end, but I was able to pull it off.
[doublepost=1482898479][/doublepost]Ran into a Nether Elf recently.
screenshot 4.png
She's a pain in the ass, but after being double crossed, she reluctantly joined us.
[doublepost=1491402667][/doublepost]Bought Valkyria Chronicles for PS3 yesterday. Had some trouble on the third mission, and had to look up a guide on Youtube for it.

Maybe blowing away some Empire scum will help my mood from last night.

Eradose

Jun 1, 2009
www.furaffinity.net
Rented Resident Evil 2. Played it for 2 hours. Needed to stop because Mr X nearly gave me a heart attack the third time he popped in. Then again, being in a small room, with only one unlocked door, can do that to you.