What are you playing: MK II

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

Eradose

Outside contributer, not comunuty member.
Jun 1, 2009
www.furaffinity.net
Looks like the "What are you Playing" thread was taken out in the last purge. So I think we need a new one. And since it's more gaming related, the Gaming Threads seems to be the best place for it. Anyway, for those who don't remember the last thread, this is a place where you post the games you're playing now. Who knows, maybe someone else is playing the same game, and you can team up?

Anyway, let's start the thread with what I've been playing. I finished my rental of Advanced Warfare yesterday. It was okay, but not worth being more than a rental. I've also been playing my new Vita recently, between Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus, Black Rock Shooter: the Game, Borderlands 2, and two side scrolling shooters who's names I can't spell (being these are Japanese ports from the PSN Store).

Rock-Scar

AKA Squeaky
Dec 14, 2013
R'lyeh's waiting room
Personal Text
*wilhelm scream*
Hehe, I thought this was a thread about the 1993 classic Mortal Kombat 2 (which I want to play now). xD

As of right now, nothing at the moment. I was playing Skyrim on my xbox 360, but I'm taking a break after the game bugged and made me unable to continue the Companion quests (that made me quite grouchy). xP

E Baus

The BOOT wielder
Nov 12, 2014
Ohio
Well I stay a good few hours a week on Destiny, starting to feel stale so I've picked back up Warframe after finding out it made a One release.

Jan 11, 2015
Personal Text
It's amazing the kind of stupidity you stumble across.
I'm not really playing much, mainly a New Super Mario Bros. DS hack I found online with the occasional peeks into my Animal Crossing: City Folk town.

Eradose

Jun 1, 2009
www.furaffinity.net
Playing Sly Cooper HD Collection on PS Vita.

I know it's been some time since I played Sly 2, and it's been a year since playing Sly 4, but I didn't think I was this out of practice...

And the fact that you have to download Sly 3 on the Vita version (being most of my memory stick is devoted to Borderlands 2) is a pain.

Jan 11, 2015
Personal Text
It's amazing the kind of stupidity you stumble across.
Playing Sly Cooper HD Collection on PS Vita.

I know it's been some time since I played Sly 2, and it's been a year since playing Sly 4, but I didn't think I was this out of practice...

And the fact that you have to download Sly 3 on the Vita version (being most of my memory stick is devoted to Borderlands 2) is a pain.
I actually have that collection on my PS3, as well as Sly 4 on my Vita. I haven't played either in a while.

Falc

Gallery Volunteer
Jun 5, 2013
beyond the dream
Been play Tales of Maj'Eyal 4. It's a really good rpg roguelike. Right now I've got two main characters: a dwarf summoner and a dwarf berserker. On my summoner, I'm about halfway through the game, I believe. Dying is hard when you've got 10 guys to take the damage for you.

Cervelet

The Katbox
Jan 5, 2015
just played through Shovel knight on my 3ds. It's very, very good. Brilliant controls and level design, simple but well-told story, great art direction, and my God the music kicks major bottoms.

Also Pokemon.

On 3DS.

The 3DS is your friend when you use the train a lot. Brilliant little console, this. I love my colourful games with great level-design. Seriously, when's the last time you've standed in awe of the level-design in a game? last time was shovel night, previously it was the Zelda Link between Worlds.

Eradose

Jun 1, 2009
www.furaffinity.net
Playing Sly 2 on Vita, and downloading the early access demo for Monster Hunter 4: Ultimate on 3DS.

I still got 2 download keys left for it. Got to find some people who want them. I also hope the damn thing is Circle Pad Pro compatible, as the last game was almost unplayable without it.

Cervelet

The Katbox
Jan 5, 2015
I was very disappointed with the demo of Monster Hunter 3. The camera is the worst I've seen since the PS1 days (or kingdom hearts recoded), it's sluggish, the animation to hit something takes ages and the monsters are overpowered. I guess it's either for very "hardcore" gamers or Japanese people.
You need two thumbs on your right hand: one to turn the camera CONSTANTLY BECAUSE THE DAMN THING IS SO LAZY, one to use the action buttons, so anyway, it's not made for people who live.

Yeah I didn't like it.

LannAF

Biggest idiot ever
Aug 23, 2013
Sin city
Personal Text
Not done yet!
Playing Sly 2 on Vita, and downloading the early access demo for Monster Hunter 4: Ultimate on 3DS.

I still got 2 download keys left for it. Got to find some people who want them. I also hope the damn thing is Circle Pad Pro compatible, as the last game was almost unplayable without it.
Hmm, @Avencri may want one. Still got them?

Cervelet

The Katbox
Jan 5, 2015
Well, they are fun. ^^
The first one did age a bit though, controls are a bit clunky and the camera lazy. But it's still quite good, I like that the strong art direction is still pretty : )

Apr 26, 2007
Arizona
When I'm on my desktop, I'm usually playing World of Warcraft with the new Warlords of Draenor pack or Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor. It ultimately depends on my mood with those two.

When I'm working out or out of the house, I'm usually playing Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, but I also got a copy of Super Smash Brothers 3DS I could play.

And, finally, I'm occasionally playing Forza 5 for the Xbox One. Not very often, but I like to get my car tastes every now and then.

Cervelet

The Katbox
Jan 5, 2015
I finally got myself the wii U! ^^ It's the Zelda edition, I also got Mario land, Smash Bros, and Mario Kart. I have a few siblings so we often do multiplayer on the same console.
I like that they used the HD and the power of the console to make the most colourful and happy games. They just leave you with a great big smile. And in the end, games are to be enjoyed.

Nixie

Seal of Approval
The Katbox
Jan 19, 2010
Washington, USA
nixieseal.deviantart.com
Personal Text
Ort ort ort
Aww, I want a Wii U! We can afford to get it, but we'd also have to get a Blue Ray/DVD player because people got us Blu-ray movies for Christmas... I don't think we can afford a WiiU and a Blu Ray AND games. But there are so manu games I WANT to play... Hyrule Warriors, Mario Kart, WiiFitU, and the list goes on...

THe only game I've been playing lately is a browser-based card game called Elements. Check it, out, it's free and addictive!

Ironfoot

Prime Minister of Fun!
Jul 7, 2010
ironfootkb.deviantart.com
Check out lego marvel for the wii u. They even got the guy who plays coulson to voice act. It's just silly ridiculous fun. I've thought about getting Mario kart for the wii u. Just don't know when I'll have time to play.
[DOUBLEPOST=1421626171,1421626023][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, bought minecraft for the kids today. Wow are they obsessed now with that game even more than before when all they had was pocket edition