Art W0lfmare's Art Thread

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

W0lfmare

Webcomic artist
Feb 10, 2015
VA, United States
w0lfmare.xepher.net
Personal Text
Floof advocate, and enemy of complacency
Hello everyone, I've decided it's time I share my art here on the Katbox forums! I've been a bit quiet on the forums since I started my account (mostly lurking), but art is something I can talk all day about ^^

I won't be posting a ton because I run a webcomic in addition to drawing the stuff I post here, but I'll keep the art coming and check the thread regularly.

I hope you enjoy the thread!

...I have a thing for nighttime scenes...

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2015
I'd like to say first off, I like your style. Especially the way you draw the noses. Gives the face kinda a lively pop look.

The lighting is rather nice as well. Very cute so far.

W0lfmare

Webcomic artist
Feb 10, 2015
VA, United States
w0lfmare.xepher.net
Personal Text
I'd like to say first off, I like your style. Especially the way you draw the noses. Gives the face kinda a lively pop look.

The lighting is rather nice as well. Very cute so far.
Thank you, more on the way ^^
[DOUBLEPOST=1442048997,1442024338][/DOUBLEPOST]Here we are:

Ember isn't the happiest of campers, but she's adorable and fun to draw.

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
I must say that I'm rather intrigued with the use of lighting in all your rendered images thus far. Keep up the fantastic work!

W0lfmare

Webcomic artist
Feb 10, 2015
VA, United States
w0lfmare.xepher.net
Personal Text
I must say that I'm rather intrigued with the use of lighting in all your rendered images thus far. Keep up the fantastic work!
Thanks MrAMP! Shading and lighting have been a little tricky for me since SAI doesn't have gradient tools, but I've made due. It's good to hear the work that I put into it is noticeable ^^

I'm probably going to add color to this later on, but I'll post the sketch version in the meantime (sketches have a certain charm to them!).

It's free candy Ember, don't ask questions >>

Last edited:

Hoppy

Fuzzy Old Guy
Sep 2, 2013
Northern Illinois
Personal Text
"Growing OLD is mandatory, but growing UP is entirely optional."
I like the design of the clothing there. Did you see a design like that somewhere, or was it just something you thought up?

W0lfmare

Webcomic artist
Feb 10, 2015
VA, United States
w0lfmare.xepher.net
Personal Text
Just a heads up guys, on October 25th I'm doing a Halloween request stream on Picarto!

I'll be taking Halloween-themed suggestions from the stream chat and picking one to draw on the stream at random. If that sounds fun, feel free to join us ^^

It'll start at 5:00 pm (est) and last at least 3 hours, but I'll probably go on longer than that (here's a link for convenience https://picarto.tv/w0lfmare).

If you can't make it, be sure to get into the spirit of the holiday in some other way!

W0lfmare

Webcomic artist
Feb 10, 2015
VA, United States
w0lfmare.xepher.net
Personal Text
Just another little Ember doodle, I got a new pen and wanted to try it out. Been a long time since I inked a pic using GOOD traditional tools.

I've been trying to draw in sketchbooks more. Digital is great, but it's still not quite the same feeling.

[DOUBLEPOST=1446076140,1445763512][/DOUBLEPOST]Here's one of the requests from the Halloween stream, hopefully some of you watch Hellsing

Last edited:

W0lfmare

Webcomic artist
Feb 10, 2015
VA, United States
w0lfmare.xepher.net
Personal Text
Thanks Hoppy!

Here's another one from the stream, Flint dressed as Beetlejuice. I'm surprised by how many requests were "(your character) dressed as (movie/video game character)". Still, they're all "Halloween enough".

[doublepost=1446678614,1446173401][/doublepost]I worked on this one between requests on the Halloween stream, background isn't anything special, but the costumes were fun to mess with!