Comic UQ #226: It's Official

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

Radagast

Gallery Volunteer
Feb 29, 2012
Hoo boy...you know I hope that this works out for them, but there are so many "in love with love" alarm bells going off in my head right now.

Phuufy

Super Duper Drawer Person!
The Katbox
Feb 17, 2014
.....spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacee!
Personal Text
Rainbows and Unicorns -- and Giant Super Crab Mechs!
So we're happy to finally be getting to this point in the comic, here are some fun-facts about this plot-point

-Originally this would've been far later in the comic, but approaching nearly 5 years of being online and not yet having a new relationship (that wasn't side characters, sorry Leon/Gwen!)
-Sesame would've been too nervous to ask and beat around the bush, but we wanted to avoid the tease to get to the meat of things
-Mason was going to be WAY more oblivious to her advances and about relationships in general, including a line 'I can't kiss you, I don't want to get you pregnant!' highlighting his very childish viewpoint on things (and probably what his Uncle told him) again - this just seemed maybe a bit too extreme so we ditched it.
-First draft ever ; Sesame would've never confessed her crush.

Belvarius

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 27, 2007
Oologah, OK
So we're happy to finally be getting to this point in the comic, here are some fun-facts about this plot-point

-Originally this would've been far later in the comic, but approaching nearly 5 years of being online and not yet having a new relationship (that wasn't side characters, sorry Leon/Gwen!)
-Sesame would've been too nervous to ask and beat around the bush, but we wanted to avoid the tease to get to the meat of things
-Mason was going to be WAY more oblivious to her advances and about relationships in general, including a line 'I can't kiss you, I don't want to get you pregnant!' highlighting his very childish viewpoint on things (and probably what his Uncle told him) again - this just seemed maybe a bit too extreme so we ditched it.
-First draft ever ; Sesame would've never confessed her crush.
Interesting changes but I'm kinda glad you did this now. This moment in the comic is a golden opportunity for Sesame to finally talk to Mason alone about how she feels towards him. Doing this now addressed an issue you all obviously wanted addressed as well as made a lot of the fans happy. I'm also glad you decided to have her just blurt it out rather than being all super nervous about it, goes along well with her headstrong personality. I can also appreciate Mason being pretty oblivious/ignorant about relationships in general due to his sheltered upbringing and abuse from his uncle. I could also see his uncle deliberately putting some wrong notions in Mason's head about women, doing it as a way of keeping Mason from running off with some girl and staying under his thumb.

These revisions did bring up a stray thought about a previous moment in the comic. Back during the first Uber dream we saw several different alternate versions of Sesame. Were some/all of these alts different ideas you had for developing her character when you first started coming up with this comic? Ideas that maybe got tossed aside or altered to bring us this present version of Sesame?

Phuufy

Super Duper Drawer Person!
The Katbox
Feb 17, 2014
.....spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacee!
Personal Text
Rainbows and Unicorns -- and Giant Super Crab Mechs!
Interesting changes but I'm kinda glad you did this now. This moment in the comic is a golden opportunity for Sesame to finally talk to Mason alone about how she feels towards him. Doing this now addressed an issue you all obviously wanted addressed as well as made a lot of the fans happy. I'm also glad you decided to have her just blurt it out rather than being all super nervous about it, goes along well with her headstrong personality. I can also appreciate Mason being pretty oblivious/ignorant about relationships in general due to his sheltered upbringing and abuse from his uncle. I could also see his uncle deliberately putting some wrong notions in Mason's head about women, doing it as a way of keeping Mason from running off with some girl and staying under his thumb.

These revisions did bring up a stray thought about a previous moment in the comic. Back during the first Uber dream we saw several different alternate versions of Sesame. Were some/all of these alts different ideas you had for developing her character when you first started coming up with this comic? Ideas that maybe got tossed aside or altered to bring us this present version of Sesame?
I can't say *too much* on the different versions of Sesame (major spoilers but hopefully its not too cryptic to put together) she saw in her dream, but they were not original designs or ideas. She hasn't really changed *too* much since her inception design wise.. although she used to have brown braided pigtails! Thaaaaat didn't last long lol - then some very long Hatsune Miku inspired twin tails but that got ditched too.

Belvarius

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 27, 2007
Oologah, OK
I think Amp will appreciate your decision to ditch the pig tails! :) I guees I'll have to go back and look at those comics to see if I can figure some things out.