Comic UQ 118: Trump Card

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

Gurren

Katbox Forum Member
Jan 20, 2011
The way Farron's monster is grinning clearly means that it's hankering for some Sesame Buns.

Seriously though their best bet is to ditch Farron if they even have any chance of not being counted as criminals after this. Though even if they did, he'd probably find a way to stick with the group just encase their pursuers come back

And after this mess, Mason has every right to be a grump for a few days. :furyMason:

Basically this face with everything he does.

[DOUBLEPOST=1439339850,1439339436][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm actually wondering how the hell Farron ended up with that bag and how it ended up so only he can use it in the first place. Because It's an actual bag from what we saw earlier when he first appeared but is the monster like a security system or does just nothing happen if someone else tries to open or move it?

Belvarius

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 27, 2007
Oologah, OK
Scarf's definitely enchanted if arrows can just bounce off it like that.

I don't blame Farron's pet monster for enjoying the view, not in the slightest.

Agreeance on the Mason grumpy face.

Feb 29, 2012
I don't like Farron, looks like he's going to get the party labeled criminals. And are the guards really assuming they're all criminals in the 3rd panel? Because that seems like a horrible mindset for a guard to assume everyone a criminal interacts with is also a criminal.

Gurren

Katbox Forum Member
Jan 20, 2011
I don't like Farron, looks like he's going to get the party labeled criminals. And are the guards really assuming they're all criminals in the 3rd panel? Because that seems like a horrible mindset for a guard to assume everyone a criminal interacts with is also a criminal.
They didn't see Farron hold mason at knife point. When they arrived he just happened to be talking to them and the caravan dashed off as soon as they started firing. So it wouldn't be too far off for them to assume that they're helping him escape, especially since they haven't tossed him off yet

Feb 29, 2012
They didn't see Farron hold mason at knife point. When they arrived he just happened to be talking to them and the caravan dashed off as soon as they started firing. So it wouldn't be too far off for them to assume that they're helping him escape, especially since they haven't tossed him off yet
And that is how many innocent people get hurt and arrested.

Slappybag

Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville
Apr 2, 2015
United States
That is unequivocally the cutest face Sesame has ever made. Also, Farron, that is the most overkil I have ever seen. A thumbtack that pricks people's fingers would be enough. Maybe a magic voice that gives potential thieves a stern talking to.

Lemurvid

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 29, 2014
Land of Tea
Personal Text
Close to the Edge
Terrific page guys, great leftfield surprise! Farron's expression in the first panel and Sesame's in the last are particularly fun.

Jaffah

Alejandra's #1 Tiger
Mar 5, 2008
Ipswich Queensland Australia
www.furaffinity.net
Personal Text
Don't judge unless you enjoy being judged.
Great Walloping Scragnels of Nurgle. Farron has Shadow Puppet back-up?

Puppets, the secret fear of guards the realm over ... hey, that's as good as I got for the moment.

But still it's a pretty impressive reinforcement to have.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Now we seem to be getting somewhere."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaffah

Alejandra's #1 Tiger
Mar 5, 2008
www.furaffinity.net
Personal Text
What the heck is that thing behind sesame in the last panel ?
I am going to go out on a limb and guess it is a demon bound into the lock to protect Farron's wares from being stolen. And on certain occasions to protect him. I noticed the runes on Farron's glove act as it's summons (or controls it).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Runes bring ruin to the ruinous."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaffah

Alejandra's #1 Tiger
Mar 5, 2008
www.furaffinity.net
Personal Text
Does Farron's monster have allure too?
Not too sure but that is one killer smile it has there.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"We smile when we know something other people don't ... or if we do not have lips."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rock-Scar

AKA Squeaky
Dec 14, 2013
R'lyeh's waiting room
Personal Text
*wilhelm scream*
Woah! I was expecting some kinda weapon to be pulled out of Farro's bag, I didn't expect it to transmorgrify into a shadow monster! SWEEEET (and I just noticed its head is the same shape as the lock)!

And I'm totally shipping Sesame's scarf with Farron's bag now. :dropFarron: :blushSesame: