Discussion Uber-Suggestion Thread

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

Phuufy

Super Duper Drawer Person!
The Katbox
Feb 17, 2014
.....spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacee!
Personal Text
Rainbows and Unicorns -- and Giant Super Crab Mechs!
Uber will prefix everything related to this comic, we are going to brand it this way. Anyone using it will have to pay us royalties because it's a super original cool idea.

Hello and WELCOME to the Uber-Suggestion Thread! :heartKibbles:
Now what is this fine lovely thread doing here?
Given UberQuest is on hiatus (barring some filler pages which will totally be up soon I promise)
I figured I can help out by giving lots of love to the forum section!

Fans are very useful in the creative process, giving feedback and their own theories as to what may happen in the story. Sometimes that can also help whenever you, yourself are stuck. :dropMason:

Plus, it feels a bit more inclusive if fan-favorite ideas come to light in the canonical work.

That's what this thread is about, filling out various ideas, theories or suggestions on the story and characters.
You can write down what you'd like to see Sesame do - or an interesting concept for a monster or perhaps a city. Or what may be super useful is a list of what you'd like to see happen with each character in their story arcs.

This may or may not be used in the canon work, but just to help give ideas. Feel free to discuss amongst yourselves and let's see if any popular ideas come around. :gleeSesame:

Dec 9, 2013
Personal Text
This text is personal to me
More cowbell?

No, seriously, I would like to thank you guys. Your comic is very organised and you make sure the reader has enough lore to back up all your story. My advice would be just you do you.

Well actually a little more background on the Dahaki society would be nice but you'll probably get around to that anyway.

Last edited:

E Baus

The BOOT wielder
Nov 12, 2014
Ohio
Some more about them lil' Pikmin fellers!

I currently like the flow, the swapping between viewpoints does at times make me go back and re-read a party when they are switched as a refresher. But this way there doesn't happen to be a 'novel sized' explanation when something is brought up.

I like the, 'this could never possibly happen but it does because this is a comic' scenarios (like FLCL, or Sesame's rediculous strength)
Lore gets intoduced in increments and I expecr that, but what I love to see is an artist pushing the limits, and making me laugh. You are by the way.

Radagast

Gallery Volunteer
Feb 29, 2012
I'd also like to see Kibbles attempting to teach a spell to someone.
Expanding on this, I see several possible branches here:
1) A would-be mage with absolutely no aptitude/capacity for magic keeps trying to make Kibbles teach him/her and won't take no for an answer.
2) A would-be mage with great aptitude/capacity for magic is found and Kibbles deems their manifesting talent too dangerous to leave untamed.
3) A would-be mage starts hounding Kibbles for lessons but shows little interest in the actual learning (Precocious crush perhaps?)
4) The group encounters some charlatans who are cheating people out of their money (shell-game?), and through whatever means they realize that they're using magic to cheat. Kibbles tries to convince the mage(s) to study and more properly hone their talent(s) and use them for more legitimate purposes.
5) Claire starts pestering Kibbles about the nuances of magic and tries to reconcile its more fantastical elements with her more scientific mindset.

JigenTheGunMan

Katbox Forum Member
Mar 7, 2015
1) We should get more of a descriptive about the races towards the kingdoms.
2) The characters should have a incident that causes them to realize that they need to train. (Maybe after Kibbles trial)

Corestealer

Katbox Forum Member
Dec 5, 2014
1) A Rincewind character (perhaps one of Kibbles' classmates in her backstory?) Needs hat and all. In honor of Sir terry Pratchetts recent passing.
2) Cheesy but, Farron encounters the party once again and tries to hit on Ses but instead gets his ass handed to him by Mason (If he starts to have feelings for ses of course)
3) Mason revealing he can't read, Kibbles offers to teach him, their relationship grows, Causing Sesame to be jealous.
BONUS:
4) Claire X Sesame, need I say more?

Ironfoot

Prime Minister of Fun!
Jul 7, 2010
ironfootkb.deviantart.com
1) A Rincewind character (perhaps one of Kibbles' classmates in her backstory?) Needs hat and all. In honor of Sir terry Pratchetts recent passing.
2) Cheesy but, Farron encounters the party once again and tries to hit on Ses but instead gets his ass handed to him by Mason (If he starts to have feelings for ses of course)
3) Mason revealing he can't read, Kibbles offers to teach him, their relationship grows, Causing Sesame to be jealous.
BONUS:
Wizzard

Phuufy

The Katbox
Feb 17, 2014
Personal Text
BONUS:
We already have our steeple-hat wearing wizard though! He's made a minor apperance thus far but will have big significance later. He is Kib's teacher, The Great Master Winsley. (and yes, he is a Fera, there is a certain reason why he look as he does.)
http://uberquest.katbox.net/comic/76-healing-spell/

As for 2) while there may be some instances of Farron flirting, that scenario seems out of character for Mason. Who is largely a nervous,shy pacifist - the joke being he could wreck the shit out of people if he really wanted but is oblivious to his power/too submissive (at least at this point :amazeMason: .)

Corestealer

Katbox Forum Member
Dec 5, 2014
We already have our steeple-hat wearing wizard though! He's made a minor apperance thus far but will have big significance later. He is Kib's teacher, The Great Master Winsley. (and yes, he is a Fera, there is a certain reason why he look as he does.)
http://uberquest.katbox.net/comic/76-healing-spell/

As for 2) while there may be some instances of Farron flirting, that scenario seems out of character for Mason. Who is largely a nervous,shy pacifist - the joke being he could wreck the shit out of people if he really wanted but is oblivious to his power/too submissive (at least at this point :amazeMason: .)
I already knew that, I meant as a small cameo or something. It was just a thought :P

Beelzebub

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 21, 2007
New Jersey
How about doing something a little bit wacky? Like, they need to find a new power source for the transporter, and one of the items they need is used as a prize in a musical competition, so they have to form a band to win it, but they are awful and they end up just stealing the thing anyway.

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
Well, this is going to be a long post. XD So where do I begin...

For the longest time now, I've been curious to learn more about Sesame's scarf. Based on the physical characteristics of said item, I've developed two theories in which (1) the scarf has a spirit forever bound to it that infects the host upon wearing it with the benefit of enhanced stats (which might explain the flashback) and (2) only Sesame's bloodline could wear the scarf as it is somehow tied to this gene that's been mentioned before.

And I was actually surprised to learn that Sesame had an older and hotter sister. I'm just curious to know why she wasn't around and didn't go with her sister on her quest. The only explanation I could come up with was that she is now an enemy.

The royal family, specifically the King and the Prince, has been rather interesting to say the very least. It serves as a nice contrast between the old and new generations. With that being said, it seems that the King has been receiving a harsh rap due to his rather direct approach in resolving the conflicts with the civil war. Now that I think about that, those pages were rather text-overloaded. Perhaps some images of said fighting would be an interesting avenue to pursue.

Since this comic is gaming-driven, I would love to see some more action pages, such as Sesame fighting a huge monster and killing it in order to save some kids, Kibbles using her magic to heal her friends and inspire the youth to learn magic too, and Claire helping out a city with her engineering skills.

1) At least one Sesame x Kibbles moment, I think those two could hit off and then possibly break it off with some issues!
I don't know why, but I was reminded of the Halloween UberQuest Page in which Sesame was Korra from The Legend of Korra. Not to mention the stare that Kibbles was aiming at her in that page. I can actually see those two now hit it off. XD

Phuufy

The Katbox
Feb 17, 2014
Personal Text
Well, this is going to be a long post. XD So where do I begin...

For the longest time now, I've been curious to learn more about Sesame's scarf. Based on the physical characteristics of said item, I've developed two theories in which (1) the scarf has a spirit forever bound to it that infects the host upon wearing it with the benefit of enhanced stats (which might explain the flashback) and (2) only Sesame's bloodline could wear the scarf as it is somehow tied to this gene that's been mentioned before.

And I was actually surprised to learn that Sesame had an older and hotter sister. I'm just curious to know why she wasn't around and didn't go with her sister on her quest. The only explanation I could come up with was that she is now an enemy.

The royal family, specifically the King and the Prince, has been rather interesting to say the very least. It serves as a nice contrast between the old and new generations. With that being said, it seems that the King has been receiving a harsh rap due to his rather direct approach in resolving the conflicts with the civil war. Now that I think about that, those pages were rather text-overloaded. Perhaps some images of said fighting would be an interesting avenue to pursue.

Since this comic is gaming-driven, I would love to see some more action pages, such as Sesame fighting a huge monster and killing it in order to save some kids, Kibbles using her magic to heal her friends and inspire the youth to learn magic too, and Claire helping out a city with her engineering skills.

I don't know why, but I was reminded of the Halloween UberQuest Page in which Sesame was Korra from The Legend of Korra. Not to mention the stare that Kibbles was aiming at her in that page. I can actually see those two now hit it off. XD
Great to hear those suggestions! Indeed I agree with you on being text-heavy and not giving some more visual cues. Working on better ways to deliver exposition that uses visual explanation as well as text-based ones- so that is something that definitely may come into play later.We intend on adding more action scenes - many of the upcoming pages do have alot of action which has been sorely missed.

We intend on explaining many of the things mentioned - but it's still useful feedback regardless!
Small stories like the one included say Kibbles helping inspire a youth is nice too, we'll look into adding more parts like that into the story.

E Baus

The BOOT wielder
Nov 12, 2014
Ohio
I'm interested in hearing Sven's backstory. Finding out what it took to seperate him so dynamically from the group. And how he plans to give back with his new found individualism.