TWK: Uprising. RP

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

TheGentleman

The Dapper Gent
Apr 28, 2014
Right here
Personal Text
Where is the Dapper emoticon
Red will keep close to the bubble but go check out and see if he can find any small weapons he might want putting his favorite blades in a protective pouch.

Loke

King of Kings
Sep 27, 2011
Not your business
johanneshewley.deviantart.com
Personal Text
Just believe in me
Party: No test

The party walks through the storm slowly leaving it behind as well as the grim battlefield.
Hours pass and the once stormy sky had turned clear revealing a full tranquil moon right in the centre of a deep blue sky filled with white spots of every known size and color.

The Witcher folds the fingers of his left hand into a fist as he exhales.
Red catches the Witcher's exhaustion almost immediately even though the wolf remained completely silent.
Vlad looks up at the sky losing himself in thought for a moment before coming back humming a sweet tone for the rest of the party.

"Aeri, the hood and scarf... Take them off me please... I... I need to breathe"
The wolf said as the kind spirit began unwrapping him from the hot cloth on his head.

"I misjudged... Boys look ahead, there it is"
Said the Witcher pointing at a small village a mile downhill.

"Krasnodar?" Vlad asked scratching his head
"It is smaller than I thought..."

Red snorted as he shook his head "That's not our concern, take a look again there's no light, not a single torch lit."

The Witcher catches up, his breath and nods at Red
"That usually means everyone is dead or hiding, judging by the boats on the coast and the very port I would incline for the second. "

Aeri peeks from behind Loke's shoulder holding it with both hands trying to keep her face hidden between them. "Excuse me... Could it be a... A trap?"

"I don't see any movement outside the port"
Replied Vlad slightly closing his eyes trying to focus

"We've got to thank the gods for this beautiful moonlight" responded Loke

"Think they can see us?" Red questioned

"Can't tell... Well folks, what it'll be? We go by the front door or would you like to sneak in?" Replied the White wolf

---
The port is right ahead but it's situation is not clear, the party needs to make a plan to get close to it.
Use the OOC thread to discuss your plans as well as Private Messages.

Decision point, you've got 10 minutes to act.

Last edited:

Loke

King of Kings
Sep 27, 2011
Not your business
Personal Text
Just believe in me
"So, what will it be?" The Witcher said as he examined the port.

"Sneak" responded Vlad
"Seconded" replied Red

Loke smiled softly and nodded as he noticed Aeri fading away
"Sneaking it is"

The party moved as fast as they could using everything on their way from threes and high foliage to hide themselves from whomever or whatever might be waiting inside the port getting right in front of the town's entrance in just a few minutes.

Vlad suddenly stopped noticing something among the foliage, he moved slowly approaching carefully to whatever was in front of him, he stopped once again and reached for a small stick which he used to open the grass curtain hiding the object.
"Darn... Guys, guys!" He wishpered

Red immediately raised his head from the grass and stared at the Viking

"Be careful, foot tra..." The Viking was interrupted by a metallic snap followed by a flock of crows cawing as they fly away

"Fuck!" The Witcher yelled as he standed up getting rid of his cloak.

"Someone is out there!" A soldier yelled as a line of archers peeked out of the buildings rooftops and windows.

Loke drew the curved sword on his back and jumped out of the foliage

"I thought witches had brain..." Said red to himself as he crawled through the grass

"Vlad, on your right!" Loke yelled just to be attacked by a figure a second later
Something crawled fiercely towards the Viking, panting heavily and snorting with anger, the figure jumps over the wolf yet he is able to dodge the figure attack "Ghouls!" He shouts.
The ghoul growls as it turns around and charges at the Viking once again

Loke is located in front the port gates trying to escape from the corpse eater,
Vlad is located on the right, far from the gates he is in danger
Red is on Vlad's left side 3 yards away from the Viking, the mandril has not been noticed by the ghouls attacking both wolves but he can notice another four crawling fast towards the port.
------
Time to Act: 5 seconds

Darth Dies

The Guardian
Feb 25, 2016
Unknown
Due to Vlads curved sword and andrenaline rush he begins to utilize his shield and slashes at anything he can. Always aiming for the head for better damage,to make sure they are dead and simply to keep his sword in one piece.

Rock-Scar

AKA Squeaky
Dec 14, 2013
R'lyeh's waiting room
Personal Text
*wilhelm scream*
A large, cloaked figure suddenly enters the battlefield. As he pulls his arm out from under his cloak, a crude flintlock blunderbuss is revealed to be clutched in his gauntlet-clad paw. The stocky figure prepares to give Vlad some backup just in case the ghoul gets the upper hand. Making every second count, the figure takes a deep breath and aims for the feral monster's head before pulling the trigger.

Darth Dies

The Guardian
Feb 25, 2016
Unknown
Vlad staggers from the gunshot as he was caught off guard and looks at the figure to which a ghoul bites his gauntlet but fails to do any damage as Vlad gets even more angry,grabing the head of the ghoul and crushes it. Vlad continues hacking and slashing the ghouls.

Loke

King of Kings
Sep 27, 2011
Not your business
Personal Text
Just believe in me
Vlad: failure (I'll take the first post only)/ Cloaked figure (Scarrn): Partial success / Red: Partial success (Action was too vague to really do anything with it, a more descriptive action will have better results and it makes it easier for me to know what exactly you want to do)

The fierce ghoul growled loudly as his head received the hard hit of Vlad's shield yet he did not pulled back, the ghoul tackled the Viking getting quickly over his chest rising it's claw in the air preparing itself to slash the young wolf but right before the corpse eater could end his pray a loud explosion could be heard before the Viking could blink he saw the corpse eater's guts fly through the air leaving the beast with a hole right in the middle of it's body which fell lifeless over him.
Vlad pushed the corpse aide spitting necrofage's blood quickly standing up regaining focus just in time to parry another ghoul that rushed at him sending the beast several steps back, the beast gnarled in pain hissing and scratching the ground with its long malformed fingernails right before it could move the cold blade of a knife peaked out of its chest, right behind him Red held the knife pushing it father into the ghoul's back piercing the beast's spine leaving him unable to move anymore.
Red kicked the beast freeing his knife and merely nodded at Vlad whom returned the nod at the mandril.
Meanwhile Loke struggled with another necrofage while the archers kept the rest of the beasts busy with their constant attacks.

The wolf was down pinned to the ground by the ghoul, he held it's neck tightly as the beast approached the Witcher's neck, a sudden flash stunned the ghoul letting the Witcher turn over it piercing the beast's head with his sword.
"I owe you one Aeri..." He said as he panted heavely

Loke drew a triangle with his left hand middle and index fingers in the air pulled his hand back as a red glow appeared on the wolf's palm he threw it to the triangle and yelled
"Igni!" Creating a flame that caused the incoming ghouls to burst in flames.

Vlad scouts he area with the eyes noticing just a few necrofages left, he reckons no one is in immediate danger but he knows they must get rid of the rest of the monsters.

Vlad is now out of danger thanks to Red and Scarrn's help.

The stocky figure has called the monster's attention, four ghouls are coming at him from the front.

Another crawling monster has began stalking Red, the ghoul's bright red eyes are nailed into the mandril. The beast roars and rushes at him ready to attack.

Loke is rushing back to help the party, The stocky figure is now on the centre of the action, Red is at his left, Vlad and Loke to his right. The ghouls are coming.

Time to react: 5 seconds

Rock-Scar

AKA Squeaky
Dec 14, 2013
R'lyeh's waiting room
Personal Text
*wilhelm scream*
The bulky figure snorts when he sees the flesheaters making their way to attack him.

With Red counter attacking his own ghoul and Vlad going on the defense, the cloaked one decides to go on the offensive.

Not enough time to reload the pistol (it can only hold a single shot at a time), the cloaked one reaches into his cloak and pulls out a small metal sphere from his cloak with a small rope coming out the top: a bomb. Lighting the bomb by scraping it across the coarse hair on his face, the figure lobs it into the ghouls hoping to blast at least two back to the abyss.

"Chew on this, ya bloody jackanapes!"

Loke

King of Kings
Sep 27, 2011
Not your business
Personal Text
Just believe in me
Incredible luck, guys.
Scarrn: critical success / Red: Success / Vlad: Critical success

The muddy ground squished when Red rolled away from the ghoul's feral attack, the mandril seized his chance and stabbed the beast in the back piercing it's heart leaving the beast spitting blood from it's mouth, howling in agony before it began to fade right before the mandril's eyes.

Meanwhile the cloaked figure pulled another trick from his sleeve, throwing a bomb and a well suited line right infront the incoming flesh-eaters whom passed the bomb right away...

Vlad, the Viking immediately recognized the danger pulled infront of him, he once again raised his shield holding it tightly and firmly as an impenetrable one man barrier.

Loke ran as fast as he could reaching the cloaked figure, holding him and placing his hand creating yet another sign with his fingers "QUEN!" He yelled right before the bomb the cloaked figure threw exploded in a million pieces as well as the corpse-eaters it was aimed at, pulverizing the closest to the explosion and ripping apart those who where further away from it.
Red, Loke and the figure where thrown back due to the immense force of the explosion while Vlad kept standing, a few feet away from his original position as the lines his feet left denoted yet he merely shaked his head and poked his ear.
Red standed up, throwing the corpse of the beast he killed away from himself cleaning the mud from his trousers and arms.
The Witcher held the stocky figure on his arms for a few seconds before releasing him.
"You alright?" The Witcher said as he slowly stood up

The party stares at each other and before any word could be pronounced a full plated armored knight walked out from the port's gates.

"You, get inside. Now!" The knight commanded in a rather cold tone yet you notice a feminine voice coming out from the closed helmet.
---
The party has successfully stopped the ghoul wave, everyone is alive and safe. Congratulations.

Rock-Scar

AKA Squeaky
Dec 14, 2013
R'lyeh's waiting room
Personal Text
*wilhelm scream*
The figure pulls down his hood, revealing a battle-scarred badger in his 50s. The badger answers Loke with a familar laugh.

"Haha! I was about ta ask ya the same thing, runt! Been a while, sonny! Looks like yer runnin' with a new crew. Looks like my kinda crowd --"

"You, get inside. Now!" The knight yells.

Scarrn grunts under his breath as the knight demands the party inside.

"Ugh. Best not to keep tha host waitin'."

Lumbering behind the knight, the old badger begins to converse with other members of the party to pass the time.

"Nice moves back there, lads. Name's Scarrn Grogin! What brings y'all to this little corner of "paradise?" The rainy weather? The exotic undead locals? Loke's lovely singin' voice?"

Rock-Scar

AKA Squeaky
Dec 14, 2013
R'lyeh's waiting room
Personal Text
*wilhelm scream*
"Feelin' is mutual, lads. And don't mention it, Vlad! Alway's willin' to lend a paw. Heh, it reminds me one of mah first missions with Loke over here. Blimey, how many years was that agai--"

Before Scarrn can go into one of his usual long-winded stories, the old badger thinks he sees the nearly-invisible silhouette of @Aeri. After shaking his head in disbelief, the badger assumes his eyes are playing tricks on him and quietly jokes to himself:

"Heh. That bomb blast musta knocked somethin' loose in mah head, now I'm startin' to see polter-ghosties. I gotta start layin' off the hootch before tussles..."

Last edited:

Loke

King of Kings
Sep 27, 2011
Not your business
Personal Text
Just believe in me
The party entered into the port as two soldiers closed the improvised gates hey had built to defend the town.
"Follow me" commanded the knight as the plates figure advanced through the seemingly abandoned place.

The buildings that surrounded you are old, of a time when war was not everyday's bread and butter, they had beautiful carved pillars and wooden statues that represented the town goddess now profaned by arrows.

A few moments later the party arrives at an antique manor in the middle of the town, many soldiers sleeping outside covered in banners and shields trying to mitigate the bone piercing cold of the night.
The knight opened the manor's gates and walked inside leading you to the dining hall, the knight took her helmet off revealing herself to be blonde haired white lioness.
She glanced the the party as she pulled a chair an sat down inviting you to do the same.

"Didn't expect you to run out like that master Grogan, I thought I had made myself clear when I told you I could not guarantee your safety out of this walls.
To the rest of you, Ana Enrietta Hilda Van Everick is my name, Captain Enrietta or simply captain is how you shall refer to me from now on.
I reckon master Grogan is familiar with you... At least one of you, go on voice your intentions" Captain Enrietta commanded

"Captain Enrietta, my name is Loke Lothbrok these men and I saw a contract posted on a notice board a few miles from here that required anyone whom could fight to come here" the Witcher said in his usual cold tone

"A notice? Oh, you mean one of those pieces of cloth? My men where desperate, they posted them hoping someone would come and stop the southern invaders. Alas, we where left to our luck.
I thank you and pity you for coming to this place, we expect one last attack, yes but there is no way a... Witcher, a Viking and a fighter can stop the Iverithians from claiming this port as theirs" The knight closed her eyes and exhaled
----
Dialogue time, interact with other players as well as the captain herself. This time and also be used to rest

Aeri

Resident Resident spirit expert
Gallery Volunteer
Nov 26, 2012
Spencerport
steamcommunity.com
Personal Text
Cat boobs ain't a spreadsheet
Aer' would finally emerge from her invisible position behind Loke after some time and wave to the new people she didn't know the identity of, having judged it to be safe. She had no idea what was really going on at the moment as she was mostly focused on hiding from everybody for quite a while now.

Darth Dies

The Guardian
Feb 25, 2016
Unknown
The Viking approaches the captain
"Captain. I mean no dissrespect but have you ever heard a phrase "Don't judge a book by it's cover"? We held our own againts the ghouls,The Witcher probably faced much worse,and Gods know what the fighter went through. We might not be strong,Divine prophecies or heros...but we just might be the thing to help you win this battle!"

Loke

King of Kings
Sep 27, 2011
Not your business
Personal Text
Just believe in me
"The only heroes I know are outside enduring the cold so their ill and wounded comrades can survive at least another night." The captain then opened her eyes just to find Aeri hiding behind Loke's back
"A... Spirit? Ho-how did you get here?"

The Witcher looked at Aeri and nodded "Go on, the Captain is talking to you" he said as he walked towards Scarrn and crouched on his side so he could face him directly.
"Six years" He smiled and shaked his head "I didn't answer you out there, it's been six years since the last big adventure, damn long time. Tell me, what did you do in all this time? How have you been, what are you doing here?" The wolf whispered

Rock-Scar

AKA Squeaky
Dec 14, 2013
R'lyeh's waiting room
Personal Text
*wilhelm scream*
A surprised Scarrn goes wide-eyed and lets out an "ACK" as he falls out of his chair when Aeri appears before the group. While lying on his back (and his feet in the air) he hears Vlad's words to Captain Enreitta. Looks like we may have a chance after all. Lifting himself up, Scarrn responds to the paty members with a smile and a hearty laugh.

"Haha! Looks like this group is full of surprises! Couldn't have said it better mahself, Vladie! And sorry 'bout that, missy! Me and Enri-- er, the Captain didn't see ya come in! Nice to meet ya, miss... sorry I didn't get yer name."

Scarrn then collects himself and offers Red a seat as he sits with Loke.

"Six years" He smiled and shaked his head "I didn't answer you out there, it's been six years since the last big adventure, damn long time. Tell me, what did you do in all this time? How have you been, what are you doing here?" The wolf whispered
Scarrn whispers back:

"Six years?! Heh. Where does the time go? Good ta see ya, son. Not gonna lie, things could be better. I was lookin' fer a black powder mine when I heard rumors of this place needin' some help. Runnin' low on gold, I figured "why the hell not." I wasn't expectin' ghouls. But now that you lads are here, things may start lookin' up..."

Last edited:

Aeri

Resident Resident spirit expert
Gallery Volunteer
Nov 26, 2012
Spencerport
steamcommunity.com
Personal Text
Cat boobs ain't a spreadsheet
Aeri was still concerned enough about the situation to remain behind Loke, but answered that she'd followed him everywhere for as long as she could remember at this point.

Loke

King of Kings
Sep 27, 2011
Not your business
Personal Text
Just believe in me
"A spirit who follows a man, such a heart warming story. Tell me what can you do?" Enrietta asked with mild curiosity

The Witcher laughed a little and patted Scarrn's back without saying a word, his throat is knotted he cannot say anything even if he tired.
"I will not stay" he thinks "this is not my battle" he repeats to himself

A soldier opens the main door slowly, he walks in holding his steel helmet under his right arm, his forehead points to the dusty wooden floor.

The captain turns his eyes at him, she straightens on her chair.

The soldier's jaw began to shake Before being interrupted by the captain herself.
"How many"

The soldier closed his eyes and tears slid out from his eyelids
Enrietta etsnded up and held the soldier on her arms as he lost the composure.
"Why, why are we doing this? Why did we come to this place!?" He cried
The captain kept quiet

Another soldier, an archer this time comes in with an eye covered by a bandage.
Enrietta looks at him and nods at the bandaged man
"Let's go Rogan, we need ya sleep, tomorrow we'll leave 'nod before ya know we'll be far far away" the archer says as he holds the soldier and walks out Of the building.

"I beg you pardon, we have been here for three days now. My men are tired, maybe you are the answer to their prayers... I hope you are.
We expect one final wave tomorrow morning, we have no proper barracks left"

Loke standed up and cleared his throat "Captain I will humbly ask you to let my resident spirit stay with you tonight"

Enrietta looked at Aeri and back at the wolf "I have no problem with all of you staying inside"

Loke bowed at the captain and kneeled on Scarrn's side "Good news old man, I can sleep now" he said as he began meditating