TWK: Uprising. RP

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

Loke

King of Kings
Sep 27, 2011
Not your business
johanneshewley.deviantart.com
Personal Text
Just believe in me
It was a rainy afternoon, sun had already started to set though the clouds on the sky would not let anyone but the gods to appreciate the beauty of the western sunset.
The road was muddy, multiple puddles accumulated those small dropplets that fell softly from the sky and in the distance you spot a little lonely announcement tabloid and in front of it a tall figure stands still covered in a black cloak with a hood covering the figure's head, two hilts of the swords that peeked out from his back.
You walk closer to the tabloid and for its worn look you wonder if any of the papers on it contain any actual contracts, notices or even advertisement for some dirty cabaret full of drunkards on the country side, weirdly enough there is a notice written on a yellowish piece of cloth that catches your attention almost immediately.

"To any soul who can stand, Krasnodar offers a gentle reward to anyone whiling to fight in favor of Hindjsfall army. 300 orens per day with a bonus of 5 orens for each head you bring back from the battlefield.
-Captain Vladislav Ragines"

The figure sighs and pokes the medallion inserted on his chest plate
"What do you think about this?" The husky deep voice of the man asked
"I don't like to be pushy but someone is coming..." He said placing his vertical pupils over you

Last edited:

Darth Dies

The Guardian
Feb 25, 2016
Unknown
Vlad approaches the tabloid and hears the figure despite his helm

"Not hard to hear me with this huge chunk of armor on me..."
Vlad stops infront of the sheet of paper and looks at it for a fev secs. He then pulls out a leather pouch containing very few coins. Vlad sighs as he stands there debating whther to join or hope for something else.

TheGentleman

The Dapper Gent
Apr 28, 2014
Right here
Personal Text
Where is the Dapper emoticon
Red approaches the job board and looks at the job listing for soldiers and having been without work for awhile ask "where do I sign?"

Loke

King of Kings
Sep 27, 2011
Not your business
Personal Text
Just believe in me
Loke puts his finger over the cloth and passes it through the fabric taking some of the ink from it.
"Worn out..." He said as he took it closer so he could smell it
"Cheap ink, a piece of cloth, desperate call. I know it's none of my business young one but something doesn't feel right."

The wolf pulled his hood revealing his long black hair loosely tied in a halved ponytail behind his head.
"The port of Krasnodar is two days east from here... If you're still interested"

Loke then glances at the Viking, he notices him worried for the lack of money on his pockets, the wolf sighs and smiles at him

"Listen, I'm not one to meddle into these situations but if you need money as much as I do we can do one of two things... We can either travel together providing you don't care to travel with one like me... Try to join forces with captain Vladislav or keep on walking and forget about this contract all together, so, what is your choice?"

Last edited:

Darth Dies

The Guardian
Feb 25, 2016
Unknown
Vlad looks at Loke then at the paper and then at Loke knowing if he waited for something else it might just starve him

"I don't have much choice in this matter but as you said..."
Vlad looks at the sheet op paper
"...something doesn't feel right"

Loke

King of Kings
Sep 27, 2011
Not your business
Personal Text
Just believe in me
Loke nods as he folds the notice and places it into one of the multiple leather pouches.
"Brave warriors we have here..." He said lowering his voice
"By common sense a worn out notice written with so much despair must mean bad news... It mentions the commander but not the unit neither the chief captain."

The wolf stares at the mandril coldly. You can see the death on the man's vertical pupils surrounded by a yellow iris.
"But if you are so desperate I'll guide you... Providing we make it to Krasnodar for the way is not long but treacherous.
Well, what are you waiting for? Let's go"
The cloaked began walking without looking back at the rest of the party, the way is covered in mud and rain while it has stopped you notice it's about to come back maybe even stronger with heavier droplets and punishing wind.
You can sit for a moment, use your environment to create a refuge or keep walking and face your destiny...

You have 10 seconds to decide

Darth Dies

The Guardian
Feb 25, 2016
Unknown
Vlad being the hard headed as he is folows Loke despite the mud and the rain that will slow him down,the wind that might knock him off his feet.

Vlad folows Loke huming his favourite tune which is a lulaby that his mother sang for him when he was a cub.

Loke

King of Kings
Sep 27, 2011
Not your business
Personal Text
Just believe in me
And so the party begins walking towards Krasnodar port, they can hear the storm approaching like an enraged bull, he thumb sized dropplets can be seen from the distance.
"Well... Just now I notice" said the wolf as he covered his noise and mouth with a long red cloth wrapping it around his neck and finally putting on his hood again.
"I never introduced myself, my name is Loke Lothbrok, by your looks I can tell you both come from afar... In my experience only the poor become mercenaries or wanderers a club I myself am proud to be part of"

The cloaked man then accommodated the fingers of his left hand in a funny manner.
"I can hide us from water for some time... But I'll need all the concentration I can get, Aeri I count on you to keep these men entretained"
The wolf then pronounced
"QUEN" and a yellowish bubble surrounded the party just before the water fell over their heads.

You can hear how hard the dropplets hit the magical shield and hear the wind howling yet you feel nothing, the atmosphere inside the bubble is somewhat warm and tranquil.
A familiar has been summoned by the wolf, you advance slowly but surely through the storm.

A bright spirit then comes into the bubble

Darth Dies

The Guardian
Feb 25, 2016
Unknown
Vlad is left speachless of the current situation but remains vigilant to hide his interest. After a few moments Vlad looks at Loke and says

".....im Vlad of House Eagle-Eye. And you're a witcher aren't you? My mother used to tell stories about you people..."

Vlad would keep the convo going but stops due to his xp back home where he would say one sentence,rarely two,before his father told him to shut up.

Aeri

Resident Resident spirit expert
Gallery Volunteer
Nov 26, 2012
Spencerport
steamcommunity.com
Personal Text
Cat boobs ain't a spreadsheet
She hesitated a lot, but the spirit appeared eventually. "Y-yes? and entertained with what?" she said half hiding behind Loke "I don't exactly know what you mean for me to do" she said.

Darth Dies

The Guardian
Feb 25, 2016
Unknown
Vlad can only look at the spirit as it's clear by his expression that he's amazed

"Well then....I've heard and saw necromancer wraiths,ghosts but never one such as her...what kind of a spirit is she?"

Vlad looks at Aeri with so many questions going through his mind.

Loke

King of Kings
Sep 27, 2011
Not your business
Personal Text
Just believe in me
"Stories you say, And what would those be?"
The wolf answered in a noticeable colder tone

"Her name is Aeri... While I'd love to tell more about her truth is I don't even understand her completely, she found me a long time ago when I left the silver lea... Let's just say she came when I must needed her and she's been with me since.
Aeri, just be yourself... I...cannot keep talking"
He said as the yellow bubble began to weaken, you feel a sudden cold and wetness for a second then the bubble reinforces itself yet you can hear the wolf heavy breathing

Darth Dies

The Guardian
Feb 25, 2016
Unknown
Vlad is concerned about Loke as the heavy breathing is quite noticable but Vlad cannot keep himself from looking at Aero curious about and also about The Silver Leaf.

Vlad thinks to himself
"Silver Leaf eh? Why would you leave Tila Sunrise?"

Aeri

Gallery Volunteer
Nov 26, 2012
Spencerport
steamcommunity.com
Personal Text
She would shiver somewhat, cold for what she was adorned with. But she noded and held Loke all the same as he seemed affected by continuing to generate the bubble, seeming somewhat determined to help despite not being a healer herself.

Darth Dies

The Guardian
Feb 25, 2016
Unknown
Vlad would look at the shivering Aeri as he would take off his Iron Armor and take off his shirt and offer it to Aeri so she could warm herself.

TheGentleman

The Dapper Gent
Apr 28, 2014
Right here
Personal Text
Where is the Dapper emoticon
Red had remained silent this whole time to absorbed in his own thoughts but once he started paying attention he apologized or not introducing himself and said "I am Red no last name and no before you ask that isn't my last name I just don't have one."

Aeri

Gallery Volunteer
Nov 26, 2012
Spencerport
steamcommunity.com
Personal Text
Aeri would wave off the shirt and summon her own somewhat bulkier clothing, the tension of the situation kept her back though

Loke

King of Kings
Sep 27, 2011
Not your business
Personal Text
Just believe in me
Tension, a word that perfectly describes not only the atmosphere between the party members but also your environment... As the party keeps on walking you can spot multiple corpses on the road side, the sudden stench of rotting flesh and wet insides pierces into your noses.

"Their uniforms... Blue ones, the Northern army is... Was here." The wolf says as he tilts his head towards a huge pile of dead men.

"The yellow banner, southern army what do they want from a place like this?" The wolf asked to himself

"Hindjsfall and Iverith are fighting... Over what?"

The party keeps walking through the corpse filled battlefield, you can get out of the bubble and scavenge from the death but there is danger awaiting outside, wind can knock you down and water will wear down metallic equipment you can also get sick.
Your choice, 2 minutes of action time. (Time your character has to make its move)

Darth Dies

The Guardian
Feb 25, 2016
Unknown
Vlad already has what he needs and would rather have the dead keep what was theirs as he prays for the souls to find their way into everlasting peace.