Comic Tora Tora Tokyo #16 - Gladbus 2

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

SoulKat

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 17, 2007
(click the image to resize!)

Thought we were out of bus jokes, eh? Well, yeah... we are. But while Tiggs and Tina continue to get squished to Tiger-Jelly, we can focus on where this bus was supposed to take us.

The Silver Pavilion and Gold Pavilion were the highlights of Kyoto for me.

They were also the most "touristy" of the places we'd gone so far. Which was kind of strange because usually when you say that, you're expecting a kind of "cheap" feeling out of things meant for tourists. They feel superficial and artificial.

But these two beautiful temples did not feel that way. They felt like treasures meant to be preserved. You had to pay a very small fee to get in (< 5$) and could walk at your own pace on a set path around the temples. You couldn't go in because of their tendency to be robbed and burned down (Well, what did you expect making a roof of gold and silver...)

But the fact we were able to hike and take them in at our own pace made them real gems. I could even work on the perfect picture!

Gold

Silver

You'd also think that the temples would be the end of it. But you get to hike around the temple grounds as well. Rock gardens... Ponds... Woodlands... Lakes... Wishing Wells... Waterfalls...

Jeez... I don't know what else to say. It's flipping beautiful. You really need to check this out on your next trip.

You wont regret it.

Last edited:

Gurren

Katbox Forum Member
Jan 20, 2011
I'm honestly surprised Tiggs managed to fit in there. Not comfortably of course, but just the fact that she's in there at all.

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
EGADS!!! Gladbus is gathering new test subjects to run new experiments on...for fun.
But poor Tiggs, she must be in a ton of pain since she is so big. I mean, she is quite literally kissing the glass.

Borderwolf

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 29, 2015
Oregon
Personal Text
Wise, witty, wolf.
I agree, Tiggs must be in pain. I hope Gladbus doesn't try to drive through a street that has flooded.

Rock-Scar

AKA Squeaky
Dec 14, 2013
R'lyeh's waiting room
Personal Text
*wilhelm scream*
3 dozen Steves squashed into an overstuffed Japanese bus with a hydraulic press... so that's how Companion Cubes are made! :amazeSnowman::crySnowman: :squintSnowman:

Haha, I always geek out when animation pops up in this comic, and Gladbus' "tee hee" expression is perfect. xD And yowza, those are some truly epic photos, SK (all the photos you have taken here are amazing, but I really like these)! You got an awesome eye for photography, man!