Comic Tora Tora Tokyo #14 - Tina's a Harsh Tourguide

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

SoulKat

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 17, 2007
(click the image to resize!)

Ah, Nara... And your sister Kyoto. Few cities are as beautiful and as cruel as thee. You have beautiful temples to see, scenery that looks like it's out of a Ghibli flick, and shrines a plenty too... But man. The walking. The walking.

Some of you might remember that Ron is significantly more fit than I am. And more manly. Which is especially embarrassing considering he's just a tiny orange cat. But he pulls it off somehow. :musicKBNekonny: Tiggs represents me pretty well in this comic. The drive to see all of these once-in-a-lifetime visions of beauty drove me on, but every step was agony. :crySK:

Ron was all "Do you even lift, bro? :dropKBNekonny: " and would sign us up for 3 more tours while I'm passing out from the last 3 mile hike amid a lineup of gorgeous lanterns. Then there was the Fushimi Inari Shrine... Ron decided that in order to take a break from hiking, we would visit a shrine whose sole deal was to HIKE THROUGH THOUSANDS OF GATES! :amazeSK: By the way, the real SK died. I am an AI carrying on his memory. :pointsSK:

By the time we got through that... I was just a wreck. I loved every second of it. I was still a wreck, though... Eventually Ron realized what motivates a Tiggs and told me there would be a sitting place only a few miles downtown. And not only that, it was a street vendor cookout. I was sold. :heartSK: Amazing how I could get two bloody stumps for feet to walk when you tell me there's squid on a stick around the new corner.

See you next time!

Last edited:

Nekonny

The Katbox
Apr 20, 2007
Personal Text
But its a good one!
The truth is that I went into this really worried that I was actually going to be slowing SK down, I even sort of cheated by picking a "light" route with fewer places to visit so I would be able to keep up. I am not fit at all :dropKBNekonny:

Seriously; look up Kyoto: http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2158.html . You could spend a month there and still not see everything :XDKBNekonny:

I still blame SKs shoes, although he did try to get a good pair for walking, the ones he ended up with weren't at all comfortable :dropKBNekonny: :crySK:

I didn't film anything in Nara because of the rain, and very little in Kyoto after the drone started acting funny. For some reason it would turn by itself and point in a specific direction; for the life of me I couldn't figure out why this was at the time (back home I realized some screws had come loose and one of the motors was moving around on its own). I did use the drone as a steady-cam for the thousand gates shrine, and get a bit of video of kiyomizudera (although it was under renovation at the time). SK almost lost an arm on that one trying to catch the drone in midair :amazeKBNekonny:

Fast forward to 13:43

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
DANG! If you really had to walk for seven hours, I hope you at least trained for it. Seriously, prior to going on any major trips for high school and college and anime conventions, I walked for like two hours a day straight so I could build up my stamina.

Also, Tiggs in the last panel looks like the KO stance from those old Final Fantasy RPG games.

Rock-Scar

AKA Squeaky
Dec 14, 2013
R'lyeh's waiting room
Personal Text
*wilhelm scream*
No tiny tigress' or little orange cats were injured during the walking of this Kyoto and Nara uber-hike comic... but the tall tigress needed a foot transplant and a lion had to upload his consciousness into a computer afterwards. :XDKBNekonny: :XDTina: :amazeSK: :amazeTiggs:

Last edited:

Nekonny

The Katbox
Apr 20, 2007
Personal Text
But its a good one!
Tina leads Tiggs on by tying a pancake to the drone and flying it just in front of her for the entire walk.

Now THERE'S an idea :amazeTiggs: :XDTina:
[DOUBLEPOST=1445016872,1445016613][/DOUBLEPOST]
If I were to guess I'd say SoulKat wasn't informed about the length of this hike XD

Still, sounds like a blast.

Oh, it was all in the itinerary book I put together... :dropNekoNekonny: