Comic Tora Tora Tokyo #12 - They Smell Your Fear

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

SoulKat

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 17, 2007
(click the image to resize!)

YES! We made it to Itsukushima Island! This was my favorite part of the whole trip, hands down! The island hosts Miyajima, a small town with an amazing huge tori gate in the cove of Itsukushima Shrine. It's hard to describe just how beautiful this island is and how much fun it is to a tourist. But I hope my pictures do it justice.

You get to have all sorts of great food, including famous Hiroshima oysters served to you fresh on the street! I know I talk about food a lot, but this place was the best for street food. They had everything we'd seen before and some new things all their own. And despite all the new stuff I had to try, they even had fresh cold ice cream ready for all the hikers. I don't think I'll ever get Green Tea ice cream again... I was burping up grass taste for hours. What is it with me and green ice cream, anyway? :confuzzledSK:

Wonder where that sweet little deer came from? Well they are all over in Miyajima. They are part of the island and allowed to mingle with the people. You just walk with them on the street and feed them while they bop around. They are... aggressive, though. And we'll talk about that next time. :gleeSK:

As you climb the mountain that's on the island, you get some spectacular views as well as some preserved shrines. And I really liked this little touch to the statues outside along the trail. There were shrines built by Toyotomi Hideyoshi up along the path as well!

But... my favorite pictures of my favorite place? I finally got to take a nice panorama shot on my iPad...

If I could only go to one place in Japan, I'd come here. You can eat great food, relax on the beach, hike up the mountain trail, and feed overly friendly deer. You can shop, relax, or really... do anything you want! It was very liberating from the crowded spaces I was used to. We kicked back, spun the drone around some, and just ate like tigers the whole time.

See you next time!

Last edited:

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
GGGAAAHHHHH! That deer looks so cute and fluffy. How can a deer that cute be so aggressive?
*What Mr. AMP sees.*:heartHope:
*Possible reality per SK's post*:furyJoy:

I don't think I'll ever get Green Tea ice cream again... I was burping up grass taste for hours. What is it with me and green ice cream, anyway? :confuzzledSK:
I suspect that Green Tea Ice Cream is the cousin to Thin Mint Ice Cream.

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
You know @Rock-Scar , if Yuki plays her cards right, she could end up marrying Rich White Guy and then divorce him for alimony. !!
Kidding as Yuki wouldn’t do that.
:furyYuki: DARN STRAIGHT!!!