1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!
    Dismiss Notice

Comic Tora Tora Tokyo #1 - Tiggs, Meet Tina!

Discussion in 'Nekonny's Works' started by SoulKat, May 17, 2015.

1. SoulKat

SoulKat Katbox Forum Member

I'm happy to announce a new 20 page comic series featuring my Tiggs and Nekonny's Tina! Tora Tora Tokyo!

Back in March of this year, Nekonny and I went to Japan together and had a lot of fun. It was the first time I'd ever been outside the United States and if I didn't have a veteran like Nekonny around, I would have been so lost. As we enjoyed our vacation, we kept talking about our comics and tigresses, joking about what they'd do and how they'd handle such a cool vacation. The result? A shared comic about them of course!

Enjoy! (And be sure to click the comic to resize it...)

[​IMG]

This was partially inspired by us trying to find each other in Narita airport. It's a huge place, as you'd guess if you've ever traveled. And while the staff there knew a bit of English and were super nice, we couldn't find Ron at all. Turns out my plane landed so far away that there was no way for the announcement speakers to reach him. So the first bump of our vacation was trying to figure out that we had landed in different terminals about 10 miles apart. Here, well... it's a little funnier. :laughTiggs:

As we go along, I'd like to post some pictures of our trip. The first two comics will be a little weak, though... As I was a little too scared to take pictures of the airport and metro system. And even after we'd finally met up, it wasn't something I wanted to get my camera out for. So instead! Check out my first view of Tokyo...

[​IMG]

It begins... Thanks to Nekonny for the amazing experience! And please enjoy Tora Tora Tokyo!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
    Lemurvid, Falc, Ironfoot and 2 others like this.
  2. Nixie

Nixie Seal of Approval Staff Member Katbox Comic Artist

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Ort ort ort
    Wow, I wasn't expecting this! Tiggs and Tina, this should be fun! ^_^

3. Nekonny

Nekonny Staff Member Katbox Comic Artist

Personal Text:
    But its a good one!
    I had no idea that international flights also landed at terminal 1. And the announcements I made at terminal 2 were pretty much useless; the accent was so strong it would have been a wonder that anyone would have understood much of anything.

I blame myself for not having kept better track of SKs flight info. Thank goodness we were able to both get net access and track each other down.

Thanks to the people who happened to be online at the time and did their best with helping us find each other.

4. MrAMP

MrAMP No. 1 Fun Guy Community Contributor

Personal Text:
    Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
    OMG! XD
    That's freaking hilarious!!! I look forward to more Tina and Tiggs action as those two would be fun to see around and dealing with vacation troubles.
    :gleeTiggs: Thank goodness we're better drawn.
    :furySnowman: HEY!!! That's mean!
    :crySnowman: We have feelings too you know...
    :dropTiggs: :dropTina: Sorry...

5. SoulKat

This is also the second comic to feature an ocean of Steves.

MrAMP likes this.
  6. Curran

Curran ʢ•·̫•ʡฅ Staff Member Administrator

Steves travel in large oceans in order to confuse and discourage predators.

MrAMP, Captain Video and Ironfoot like this.
  7. Slaughts

Slaughts Forum Field Marshal Gallery Volunteer

Can't wait to see how this goes.

8. Urien Lævateinn

Urien Lævateinn Knight- Errant

Like a herd of zebra, by staying close together to give the illusion that they are a single larger creature.

9. Ironfoot

Ironfoot Prime Minister of Fun!

Home Page:
    Love this. I'm curious, how much will this mirror your travels?

10. SoulKat

We wanted to keep a balance between matching the actual trip while at the same time not being a play by play. So it will be like... a series of highlights, redone as Tina and Tiggs would experience it.

It will be in the same order of events, though. Which is great so I could follow along with my pictures.

Zoie Falcona and Ironfoot like this.
  11. Zoie Falcona

Zoie Falcona Wild Kingdoms Dungeon Mistress

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Support ALS research
    This looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun :D Hope to see all the hijinks you and Nekonny.. er.... Tina and Tiggs got into!

12. W0lfmare

W0lfmare Webcomic artist

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Floof advocate, and enemy of complacency
    I'd like to travel again someday, but a real income comes first.

Looking forward to more pages!

13. jacobc62

jacobc62 The NASCAR Fan

Personal Text:
    Panthera tigris Nascuris (Bengal NASCAR Tiger)
    Um.... How tall are the snowmen and Tina compared to Tiggs and/or the average Prime?

Because Tiggs looks to be around twice as tall as everyone else...

14. Ironfoot

Ironfoot Prime Minister of Fun!

Home Page:
    Tiggs is big. I think she's like 7-8 ft in las lindas

15. Urien Lævateinn

Urien Lævateinn Knight- Errant

7'1"-7'2".

I wonder how much fun a trip to Japan is?

16. Greybow

Greybow Aroo?

probably like any distant trip. can be fun n exciting but can also go sour quick (i.e. My trip to Southern Bavaria, Germany.... Munchen, Dachau, german alps by Czech republic)

17. MrAMP

MrAMP No. 1 Fun Guy Community Contributor

Personal Text:
    Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
    :squintSnowman: Hey...
    :pointsSnowman: They're not all Steves.
    PHOTOSHOP POWERS ACTIVTATE!!!
    Steve-Invasion.jpg
    :happySnowman: Now they're all Steves.
    :furySnowman: Go forth Steves...Go forth and invade all the Katbox comics!!! *Insert funny evil laugh*
    :handsomeSnowman: :happySnowman: :gleeSnowman: Kitties. Sweeping is fun. Man, this comment is a comment.
    :gleeSnowman: :crySK: :amazeSnowman: Into the water with you. Why are there so many Steves!?!?!? HOT DOG!!!
    :gleeSnowman: :furySnowman: :happySnowman: I missed a spot. No, I missed a spot. No, we all missed a spot.

And thanks @Curran and @Leviathan for the idea for this...
    Steve-Documentary.gif