Character Tootsie! What kind of job would you have...

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!
V

Victim

Designing for the military maybe?Brrr i suddenly feel that Alejandra may have just spared the planet from a lot of doomsday weapons!

G
[quote author=Sage Freehaven link=topic=626.msg14299#msg14299 date=1188620299]
Don't SAY such things! :furyMora:
[/quote]

exactly, its like asking what would happen if idward had never met mora..... we probably would never have met him! then who would we have to expose alejandra!? XD

S

sempai

exactly, its like asking what would happen if idward had never met mora..... we probably would never have met him! then who would we have to expose alejandra!? XD
my guess would be miles... :pointsNekoKimi: except this time it would be done purposely.

V

Victim

It's just theoretical. Say you never came in contact with anyone from the strips. What would you do?

PS, according to your stats, this is your first post. Mirite?

Edit: Whoops, didn't see Hiro's post.
Out of all the LL cast Tootsies got the highest no of posts of hers getting deleted :cryNekoKimi:

Interesting...Hey Tootsie how long would it take you to iron out how to build a time machine?Oh I might need to make a pitstop to cure Freddy Mercury! :XDNekoKimi:

Curran

ʢ•·̫•ʡฅ
Administrator
Apr 17, 2007
Washington
Actually, if I recall correctly, a technical goof made it so that Tootsie's account got deleted and re-created, that's why her post count is reset.

SoulKat

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 17, 2007
Actually, if I recall correctly, a technical goof made it so that Tootsie's account got deleted and re-created, that's why her post count is reset.
Here's the total story on that. I made up a much of gmail addresses for our cast. Tootsie's forum e-mail was "supergenius@gmail.com". I didn't even think that this would already be owned by someone. But I really should have thought harder, because it is fairly common. All was well until her contest, when everyone sent an entry to Tootsie, some real sap was getting all of her mail. And to him it was spam.

He comes to our forum, uses his own e-mail address for the password recovery feature, logs in as Tootsie, and deletes her without telling anyone.

I am freaked out beyond compare. I check the logs, ban his IP, and recreate the account because I was unaware of what was actually happening. Then he finally sends me a mail when he starts getting this shit again and threatens legal action against me for banning his IP and spamming him. He could have been a lot more polite about it. But I was relieved to finally know why Tootsie deleted herself.

Then he finally sends me a mail when he starts getting this shit again and threatens legal action against me for banning his IP and spamming him. He could have been a lot more polite about it. But I was relieved to finally know why Tootsie deleted herself.
What possible legal action could he have taken? Oh noes, forumgoers accidentally spammed his account because of simple human error! Even worse, you banned his IP from the forum because he screwed with the forum by deleting an account that, for all intents and purposes, he had no right to delete!

Freakin' idiot. :pointsMora:

Wolfey

Logical Lupus
Apr 21, 2007
Kittanning, PA, USA
wolfey.sillydog.org
Personal Text
That's not what I meant...
This is probably why "example.com" is used for sample E-Mail addresses, to avoid this very issue :cryTaffy:

No offense, SoulKat, but since you could already set up E-Mail addresses with the "katbox.net" domain, why did you decide to use GMail instead? For that matter, wouldn't it have been best to see if the GMail addresses were taken first - and if not, register them for use on the Katbox - before actually using them in public on the site? It shouldn't happen again since they've all got "katbox.net" addresses now, but I'm still curious.

Speaking of addresses: Is there any meaning behind the "0845" in the one Digit has?

SoulKat

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 17, 2007
This is probably why "example.com" is used for sample E-Mail addresses, to avoid this very issue :cryTaffy:

No offense, SoulKat, but since you could already set up E-Mail addresses with the "katbox.net" domain, why did you decide to use GMail instead? For that matter, wouldn't it have been best to see if the GMail addresses were taken first - and if not, register them for use on the Katbox - before actually using them in public on the site? It shouldn't happen again since they've all got "katbox.net" addresses now, but I'm still curious.

Speaking of addresses: Is there any meaning behind the "0845" in the one Digit has?
Because I am an idiot and didn't think ahead when making the forum accounts. They are all katbox.net now btw.

Donut

Aug 30, 2007
Suffolk/Norfolk Virginia
Here's the total story on that. I made up a much of gmail addresses for our cast. Tootsie's forum e-mail was "supergenius@gmail.com". I didn't even think that this would already be owned by someone. But I really should have thought harder, because it is fairly common. All was well until her contest, when everyone sent an entry to Tootsie, some real sap was getting all of her mail. And to him it was spam.

He comes to our forum, uses his own e-mail address for the password recovery feature, logs in as Tootsie, and deletes her without telling anyone.

I am freaked out beyond compare. I check the logs, ban his IP, and recreate the account because I was unaware of what was actually happening. Then he finally sends me a mail when he starts getting this shit again and threatens legal action against me for banning his IP and spamming him. He could have been a lot more polite about it. But I was relieved to finally know why Tootsie deleted herself.
That is kind of teh suck. But he's banned and Tootsie has been recreated so all is well! * picnic with cookies and cheesecake*

Wolfey

Logical Lupus
Apr 21, 2007
Kittanning, PA, USA
wolfey.sillydog.org
Personal Text
That's not what I meant...
It was an honest mistake - what's done is done.

Still...wouldn't that person have realized those messages weren't really spam? There'd be a pattern that doesn't fit spam characteristics - the subject lines would all regard the exact same thing (Tootsie's #1 Fan Contest), the messages would all follow the same question/answer format (and the questions would always be the same), and they would all occur in a set period of time (the duration of the contest).

It would have been best for him to ask you (the forum administrator) why his address was being used for this and have the account's address changed to something else, rather than deleting an account that, while [accidentally] using his address, wasn't his account to begin with. He would only have been justified in deleting that account if you refused to change the address after being asked to do so. But, as I said earlier, what's done is done.

Also...I didn't get my answer to what that number in Digit's address stands for yet ;P