The Wild Kingdoms UPRISING: OOC

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

Loke

King of Kings
Sep 27, 2011
Not your business
johanneshewley.deviantart.com
Personal Text
Just believe in me
Use this thread to talk to one another outside of the game. Feel free to use private means of communication as well.

In this thread, I would suggest using it for strategy or figuring out where you'd like to go as a group at major decision points in the story, or how you'd like to work together in order to make the most use of your chosen keywords in both battle and other situations.

Or heck, you can just talk about what you want most from the game here. I will watch it as well.

The game will begin when the players who wish to play say they are ready in this thread!
^Soulkat's original post.
I'll also allow you to post your characters HERE.
About the characters... Down below there is a spoiler tag that will bring you the setting used for the FIRST Wild Kingdoms game as well as a how to play and character creation guide.
Welcome to the Wild Kingdoms! A fantasy role-playing game set in an anthropomorphic universe.

The Story So Far...

In a time before written history, diverse peoples relied on their primal abilities to carve out a legacy in a harsh unforgiving land. These races fought together as clans, with merely wit, tooth and claw, protecting their homes against the brutal assault of both their rivals and mysterious incarnations of nature's fury.

Two great clans rose to change the lives of the entire world. Through their ambition, two empires were forged on the backs of those too weak to oppose them. They united the world through subjugation, spreading their language and legacy to all corners of the world. This was a time of Lions and Tigers, the strongest of all races.

When these Empires met, history began as legends were born from the fires of battle, creating the first legends people would sing. The destruction these empires could summon against one another was absolute and all-consuming, creating a conflict that would last for 200 years.

Exhausted, focusing only on the destruction of the other for so long, did the bonds around those they had subjugated loosen. Massive slave rebellions, along with the manipulation of sympathetic and war-haggard feline lords, led to fracturing of the great empires and cast about an era known to history as The Wild Kingdoms.

It is a time of turmoil, one in which heroes are in great demand. Great men and women wish to control all of Firma, recovering from the mutual destruction of the war. But there are many times more who long for freedom and will now sacrifice all to protect it. The war may be over...

But this story has only just begun.

Our characters first arrive at the Sunrise Inn, named after its proprietress Tila Sunrise, a venerable hero of the Snow Leopard kingdom. Tila was at one time a champion of the lands north of the feared Tiger kingdom. But as her legend comes to its end, she hopes that the ideals she strove for will live on. She created this inn with what little money she had left, telling all she simply wished to retire in peace and privacy with the coin of travelers that venture through a difficult frozen mountain path.

Those of you Tila has kept close know there is more to this inn than the people know.

Character Creation
Your character is split into 3 segments. Background, Traits, and Skills.

The Traits are specifics about your character you would like known to everyone, including other players. These are things like height, fur color, name, birthday... as much or as little as you would like. All you put here helps me visualize your character and it's stuff other players can use to "see" you.

Your Background is your character's history. This should be kept as short and efficient as possible. You are a unique person, but we need to keep this area succinct so we can quickly pick up the good stuff. The only limitation here is that your cannot already be a hero before starting your adventure. You can have done something that separates you from a crowd. But you may not consider yourself a figure of legend or prophecy. No matter what, your background must conclude with you estranged from wealth and put you in need of the guild mistress Tila Sunrise to give you work in the world and it is from here that we will work on making you heroes or villains.:gleeTila:

Skills are how the game is played. This is a diceless game. That means that you don't have strength stats or anything you can min-max. But you do, however, have customization over your character. The DM will be only one using dice behind the scenes. More on that in a bit.

You must choose three keywords that describe who your character is. Things like Strong, Intelligent, Fast, Charming, Smooth-Talking... Words that describe major attributes about you.

And then you must choose three keywords that describe what your character is good at. Things like Swordmaster, Acrobatics, Math/Puzzles, Throwing Daggers, Medicine... words that say what you are really good at doing.

Let me give you an example.

Halite

Traits: 7' tall. Muscular build. Arctic Fox. Long flowing white hair over creme fur. Bright blue eyes. Born in winter.

Background: Halite sees herself as a woman against the entire world. Raised among the harsh blizzards of northern lands, she developed a constitution unlike any other in the Wild Kingdoms by resisting the cold and eating plentifully. Her impressive size gave her advantages in combat others did not expect from a female fox, even just her reach and overpowering stances won her many duels. She is hot-headed and easily taunted into action, feeling a burning desire to prove herself and topple warriors supposedly greater than her. What coin she has raised travelling has come from her bullying those who would only bully the weak, delighting in watching their "stupid faces" turn into looks of shock as they see what REAL strength is. Now she has come to Tila Sunrise, so that she may be pointed toward those losers on a daily basis and get paid to do what she loves: Kicking. Their. Asses.

Skills

Who She Is : Strong. Aggressive. Single-Minded.

What She Does : Sundering. Charging. 2-Handed Weapon Master.

Halite has chosen some broad words to describe who she is but these words all tie together and reinforce each other. She says she is strong, she is good on the offensive, and she quickly can succumb to anger.

However she has chosen very specific words to describe what she does. She sunders and breaks things easily. She is very fast when attacking only through charging. And she is extremely good with all two handed weapons. These words are used to determined the likelihood of success in game play.

If Halite was playing this game and wanted to tell me she attacks someone with a two handed axe. I would assume she'd be extremely likely to slay her target outright. She's build herself up to being a powerhouse, especially when she's got the first move.

In the background, I am using dice to determine the likelihood of success given any action. What makes things easier or harder are your keywords. If Halite were trying to lift a boulder, I would say it is easier because she is strong. If Halite were trying to escape from jail by talking to a guard, I would say this would be difficult because she has made no mention of people skills, and even mentions that she is quick to anger!

To you, the mechanics will be mostly hidden. But just remember that anything you try to do has a base 60% chance of success and your keywords modify that percentage drastically. With how many words Halite put into attacking, simply slaying an average opponent would be upwards of 95%. But we will handle that in a moment. Here's another character:

Dischordia

Who she Is: Charming, Quick, Resourceful

What She Does : Archery Master, Solves Puzzles, Parties

Discordia is a very different kind of character. Not just in role, but in how focused she is.

She has chosen some broad words to describe herself, but they are not related like Halite's was. She is charming, so she is good with people. She is quick, so that can mean a lot of different things. And finally she is "resourceful". That's extremely broad, basically meaning she can use her environment and anything she has to her advantage. Dischordia is playing a very different game than Halite because she has chosen to spread out more. She can do a lot more things, but she will never be as good as Halite at what she does.

In summary : The more specific the keyword, the higher the chance of success when using that keyword. The more broad the keyword, the more you can do with it.

Character Advancement
Your character gets stronger by getting more words. The words are given to players over the course of the game, usually when an adventure ends and the character should have learned something from the ordeal. The new word must have to do with the adventure so that players do not learn new skills out of thin air.

How to Play
The game alternates between the DM and all of the players. DM -> (All Players) -> DM -> (All Players) -> Repeat

This means the game will not advance unless all players actively play. You can request that your character "rest" by contacting the DM and letting him know you wont be able to play for a certain amount of time, so the game can go on without you.

There is a mechanic in this game called Duration that will explain how long an action must be. The duration will be shown in the DM's post. For example, a duration may be 4 Hours. When the players respond with their action, the action must be long enough to cover 4 hours of game time. If a duration is not specified, it is assumed to be 10 seconds. As an example, combat may be handled in segments of 10 seconds. But then when the party wins the duration will get much longer to show things like travel, mulling around in a city, shopping, or prolonged interaction with a character without having to role-play every word.

Whenever you post, you will tell the DM what you do within the duration specified. Then the DM tells you what happens with all of your actions and describes the scene to you again. Behind the scenes, dice are being used by the DM to determine if players succeed at their suggested actions. The 'base' chance to succeed is 60%. However the likelihood of success greatly increases if the players descriptive keywords (Skills) make sense for helping the action, to a maximum of 95%. The words also can decrease the chances to a minimum of 5%.

If two player actions conflict, the DM will try to find out if the two actions could in some way happen simultaneously. If it is impossible to reconcile the actions,actions occur in the order they are posted! So the earlier post will take precedence.

If two player actions help one another, the DM will increase both of their chances of success. Such as if one person blocks an attack while the other closes in on the attacker to finish him off.

Don't Do These
Don't steal the show. When posting, try to stay focused on a single action and only add more if you feel they are super fast to do. If you post pages and pages of how you shoot your bow, drink a potion, leap into battle, swing a newly drawn weapon in a circle, do a dance, make a sandwich... I will just deny your turn.

Don't be vague. Don't just say "I attack him" or worse "I kill them all." The game is driven through story. The how is as important as the what. Even Halite would need to say "I swing at his head so that I hit the only unarmored point." Not just "I cut him down." This gives me a chance to visualize it and increase/decrease your chances of success.

Don't be a dick. If your post is specifically meant to fuck with other players, you will be out of the game. Like imagine if Dischordia said "I see Halite's about to swing at that bandit. I think she should be somewhere else. So I will shoot the bandit in the face so she has to attack someone else." Don't be that guy. Or worse "I stop Halite before she does that. I want to talk to him!" If you wanted to do that, you needed to post before Halite. End of story.

Don't split up. The party must stay together unless the story prompts you to split up.

Don't attack other party members. The story assumes you are all on the same side. Stealing from or hurting other party members is not allowed, even in secret.

Don't be a Prima Donna. You are not the coolest thing since sliced bread... yet. Start from humble beginnings and work with your other players toward making a cool character. If your background is all about how you saved X country and are the son of Y god which is why you can make everyone's brain explode just by thinking about it... that wont mesh well with the series.

Finally...
Please have fun. :heartTila: This game is new and I would appreciate your feedback. If you're not having fun, talk to me and we'll figure out what we can do about it.

Keep this thread clean of all out of character communication, even in brackets or parenthesis.

Please keep this thread only for current players.

TheGentleman

The Dapper Gent
Apr 28, 2014
Right here
Personal Text
Where is the Dapper emoticon
Red

Traits:
He is a mandrill of around 19 he stands around 6' in height and has long scruffy hair he keeps tied back out of his face he has steel gray fur with a bluish tint to it. He is very muscled with eyes so white that most think he is blind. he has a brand on the top of his right hand

Background: Red comes from a small nomadic tribe where the children were trained to be warriors from birth his tribe were mercenaries of sorts hiring the whole tribe out to the highest bidder Red chose the knife as his weapon and was trained in it every day from the time he was six he was one of his tribes best warriors living a life of luxury for in his tribe strength and skill were rewarded; until one day Red's tribe was hired to try and take noble's castle over during the raid he decided to spare a woman's life his chieftain viewed this as a cowardly act and banished him from the only home he ever knew. He now wanders the country taking the odd mercenary or bounty hunting job to support himself.

Skills:
Who he is:
Calm, loyal, ironwilled
What he does: Knife master, tracking, agility, hidden weapons
[doublepost=1452215040,1452214979][/doublepost]ready

Last edited:

Darth Dies

The Guardian
Feb 25, 2016
Unknown
*sits next to the campfire*
What can I say...I went for something unique!
[doublepost=1458834645,1458537391][/doublepost]I guess I should post my character

Vlad

Titles: "
The Viking", "The Noble" and "of house Eagle-Eye"

Traits: standing at 1.97m in height Vlad is a wolf who's skilled in the art of one-handed sword fighting. He also sings as a bard to calm and relax tired travelers in inn's he passes by to rest. And rarely uses his daggers as he mostly uses them to take out more targets at a distance.

Biography: Vlad was born as a 4th son in a powerful and rich house. Despite the legacy of the house Vlad was very weak despite being an apprentice blacksmith. Because of that Vlad was teased not just by the other houses but by his own family. The only ones that showed him a family love were his mother,youngest and 2nd born brothers and his 2 sisters. One day his father crossed the line when he humiliated his son in a market. That night Vlad used what knowledge he had about smithing and made himself a sword to his liking,that night he ran away from his house and into the unknown world. Vlad soon became strong. Thinking he might need some wisdom he attended the Bard's colege where he learned to sing. After meeting an Assassin he learned to precisely throw daggers and to plan his attacks. After taking a large blow to his chest he seeked refuge in a town who,fortunetly,had a blacksmith. Vlad fashioned himself a set of heavy iron armor,he would come across a rajput warrior. After the battle the rajput was dead but Vlad did not get a flawless victory as his arms,shoulder and left eye were scarred. Vlad decides to go beyond his Nordic lands and into others. His little adventure led him to Jolma where he meets a group of witchers. What fate awaits him now?

Who he is:
loyal,carring

What he does: Swordmanship,singer,crafter

Any question about Vlad feel free to ask!

Last edited:

Loke

King of Kings
Sep 27, 2011
Not your business
Personal Text
Just believe in me
Alright,
*sits next to the campfire*
What can I say...I went for something unique!
[doublepost=1458834645,1458537391][/doublepost]I guess I should post my character

Vlad

Titles: "
The Viking", "The Noble" and "of house Eagle-Eye"

Traits: standing at 1.97m in height Vlad is a wolf who's skilled in the art of one-handed sword fighting. He also sings as a bard to calm and relax tired travelers in inn's he passes by to rest. And rarely uses his daggers as he mostly uses them to take out more targets at a distance.

Biography: Vlad was born as a 4th son in a powerful and rich house. Despite the legacy of the house Vlad was very weak despite being an apprentice blacksmith. Because of that Vlad was teased not just by the other houses but by his own family. The only ones that showed him a family love were his mother,youngest and 2nd born brothers and his 2 sisters. One day his father crossed the line when he humiliated his son in a market. That night Vlad used what knowledge he had about smithing and made himself a sword to his liking,that night he ran away from his house and into the unknown world. Vlad soon became strong. Thinking he might need some wisdom he attended the Bard's colege where he learned to sing. After meeting an Assassin he learned to precisely throw daggers and to plan his attacks. After taking a large blow to his chest he seeked refuge in a town who,fortunetly,had a blacksmith. Vlad fashioned himself a set of heavy iron armor,he would come across a rajput warrior. After the battle the rajput was dead but Vlad did not get a flawless victory as his arms,shoulder and left eye were scarred. Vlad decides to go beyond his Nordic lands and into others. His little adventure led him to Jolma where he meets a group of witchers. What fate awaits him now?

Any question about Vlad feel free to ask!
I like your backstory now you just need to put these:
Skills:
Who he is: (A summary of his personality: Agressive, Arrogant, Ironwilled)
What he does: (Just as it says, for example... Short sword master, Alchemy, Medic)

I know it's implied at the backstory but it's just to make it easier for me to keep track of your character.

*sigh*
This said, let's begin the party...
even if it is small, might be ebough

@TheGentleman Are you still up for this pal?

Aeri

Resident Resident spirit expert
Gallery Volunteer
Nov 26, 2012
Spencerport
steamcommunity.com
Personal Text
Cat boobs ain't a spreadsheet
My character sheet .__.

In short, Who he is: is a summary of you character's personality in 3 words
What he does: Condense you character's skills in concrete words for example: Swordsmanship, Alchemy, Medicine, Agility, Sharpshooting
Do you get a concrete error message? Or does it just not do the thing?

Loke

King of Kings
Sep 27, 2011
Not your business
Personal Text
Just believe in me
Do you get a concrete error message? Or does it just not do the thing?
It does not work, no error or anything just doesn't let me post, it keeps loading
[doublepost=1459453055,1459452974][/doublepost]
I think I finaly did it right!
Alright, with the actual party... Let's begin

Loke

King of Kings
Sep 27, 2011
Not your business
Personal Text
Just believe in me
Lets rock
[doublepost=1459490832,1459490324][/doublepost]NOTE: As my original plan goes the story will be placed seven years after the last Wild Kingdoms RP controled by Zoie Falcona)

Loke Lothbrok. Age: 30/ Species: Artic Wolf/ Height: 8'6ft, 2.56 M.
Titles: The White Death, Mad Wolf, White Wolf

Backstory: Some believe that Loke Lothbrok was born among the vikings who had ruled the land of Cattegat west of Undarlik for his manners and slight northern accent hint for that theory to be truth.
The White Death's former alliance with the Silver Leaf Guildhall is known to have ended due to diferences with the Guildhall's mistress Tila Sunrise resulting in his departure from the Silver Leaf's lines a few weeks after the war had come to an end
Altough the White Death was widely known for his liking to party hard with friends, women and alcohol years of war and the disappointment of a certain love interest had worn down the Wolf's spirit transforming him from the man he was back in the Silver Leaf days, he holds a medal close to his heart, one that contains a spirit that seems to cheer him everytime he needs someone to be close despite his outcast nature..

Who he is: Apathethic, Ruthless, Threatening
What he Does: Swordsmanship, Signs, Alchemy, Agility