The Wild Kingdoms : OOC

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulKat

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 17, 2007
Use this thread to talk to one another outside of the game. Feel free to use private means of communication as well.

In this thread, I would suggest using it for strategy or figuring out where you'd like to go as a group at major decision points in the story, or how you'd like to work together in order to make the most use of your chosen keywords in both battle and other situations.

Or heck, you can just talk about what you want most from the game here. I will watch it as well.

The game will begin when the players who wish to play say they are ready in this thread!

Rock-Scar

AKA Squeaky
Dec 14, 2013
R'lyeh's waiting room
Personal Text
*wilhelm scream*
(in character): *Scarrn opens the doors and shakes the snow off* Blasted winter air! Ah, so this is the place! Well, it looks like I still got some time before we get started. DRINKS ALL AROUND!!!

OOC: I'm ready to go!

Loke

King of Kings
Sep 27, 2011
Not your business
johanneshewley.deviantart.com
Personal Text
Just believe in me
*ICly is in the back of the kitchen, cleaning up after a madhouse Christmas party, grumping as she couldn't take part*

(OOC) - Ready
(in character): *Scarrn opens the doors and shakes the snow off* Blasted winter air! Ah, so this is the place! Well, it looks like I still got some time before we get started. DRINKS ALL AROUND!!!

OOC: I'm ready to go!
*Rising his cup, Loke greets at the other members* Finally! Keem 'em comming babe. I got the feeling, this will be all a hell of a party!

Captain Video

Frontier Psychiatrist
Gallery Volunteer
Sep 4, 2009
Partially Submerged Boat
ourworld.katbox.net
Personal Text
"No man can eat fifty Faberge eggs!"
Let the game begin! And may the odds be ever in your favor.[DOUBLEPOST=1388043953,1388033877][/DOUBLEPOST]With the setup post, it looks like @SoulKat has begun. If that's the case, SK, could you unlock the game thread? If not, just tell us when we should be ready to get started.

SoulKat

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 17, 2007
A great first round everyone. Keep it up. You understand it well.

Remember that you are also tracking your inventories as you go. So I will trust you to carry only as much as would make sense to carry and to remember what you actually have.

This game focuses on you doing actions which match your character. And I had you pick keywords so that you would be able to know what your character is good at doing. To play well, find creative ways to use your keywords to your advantage and save the day. :heartTila:

Aeri

Resident Resident spirit expert
Gallery Volunteer
Nov 26, 2012
Spencerport
steamcommunity.com
Personal Text
Cat boobs ain't a spreadsheet
How hard is it to join up in this x-x? it seemed too complicated from some other thread i saw talking of it, i mean i can't quite write spectacular extremely detailed posts, but i might like to try being a part of it (But from the looks of the other correlating threads it looks too late, i'm not a hundred percent so better to ask)

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2007
Arizona
So, given the first bit of combat we'll be seeing, I'm curious who here feels most comfortable with any sort of ranged combat.

I'm reading through the character thread and I'm guessing Wren and Scarrn are the best for any kind of ranged combat. Scarrn has bombs he can throw and I'd imagine Wren would be pretty good throwing knives.

It'd be awesome if we found a balance. Sadly, even with a spear, my monk is horrendous for range. :pointsWT:

SoulKat

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 17, 2007
Just wanted to mention that Rock-Scar's post is perfect. He added color to his post by describing his action and kept it all within the timeframe of 10 seconds. Perfect.

Apr 26, 2007
Arizona
It appears that two of our party members jumped ahead of me and made their moves. :XDWT: I'm taking a gamble with my action, then. I run the risk of either (a) overdoing it or (b) attempting to use an unfamiliar weapon in hopes of results.

Rock-Scar

AKA Squeaky
Dec 14, 2013
R'lyeh's waiting room
Personal Text
*wilhelm scream*
Just wanted to mention that Rock-Scar's post is perfect. He added color to his post by describing his action and kept it all within the timeframe of 10 seconds. Perfect.
Thanks SK! This game is a blast!

It appears that two of our party members jumped ahead of me and made their moves. :XDWT: I'm taking a gamble with my action, then. I run the risk of either (a) overdoing it or (b) attempting to use an unfamiliar weapon in hopes of results.
I think your post was awesome, WT! I really like how you had Bhi'raska use his melee skills as a primary action on the ground floor and then used his spear as a secondary action to distract the enemies up in the bannisters. That was a very clever way to handle the situation!

Rad's description of Lunus' attack is great. I was able to envision it in my head very vividly. And I love the description of Ferrouge throwing the china plate and that he is helping Lunus with his opponent. :XDJoy:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.