The Spookhouse: A Supernatural RP (OOC Thread)

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

Suwako

Diety who likes frogs
Aug 24, 2009
Frogland
Personal Text
Not a frog.
Alright what is the extent of her shapeshifting
She can form enormous claws on her hands and feet and also a tail with a stinger. She could grow a canine head but that would be silly and not practical though she can also lengthen her fangs. She could pointlessly grow wings, but she's flying already so yeah...

Basically, she'd be using mostly large fangs/claws ~ and tail when desperate.

Suwako

Diety who likes frogs
Aug 24, 2009
Frogland
Personal Text
Not a frog.
In any case your wondering, she's of course not a standard vampire but a sort of rare subspecies of sorts. A more... primal subspecies.

Suwako

Diety who likes frogs
Aug 24, 2009
Frogland
Personal Text
Not a frog.
Updating eventlist for those interested.

Event Calendar
~ A mage
~ A werewolf
~ A human
~ A doll
~ The mission
~ Madness
~ Fighting part 1
~ Nazi's
~ Crypts
~ Zombies
~ The Train part I
~ More woof's
~ Paris
~ Soldiers
~ Death?
~ The boat part I
~ UK
~ USA
~ The town
~ Debriefing
~ A Vampire
~ The Witch
~ The copy
~ The diner
~ The ghost
~ The train part II
~ Scumbags
~ The dock
~ The boat part II
~ The Witches
~ The Vampire
~ The Golems
~ The crowmen
~ Fighting part II
~ Sinking
~ The feral Vampire
~ Sinking part II
~ Ferryman Hein
~ The Arrival
~ The Black cat
~ The Hendrik
~ The Frank
~ The Witches II
~ Charlotte Backstory
~ The Doll
~ The Return Trip
~ The Missing doll
~ The Doll Awakens
~ A ''...''
~ Plot event
~ Plot event ending
~ Plot event
~ Event opening
~ Minor Characters
~ Event character
~ Event Ending
~ Final Event
~ Final Event end
~ Return.

- current time-[DOUBLEPOST=1401044369,1400879852][/DOUBLEPOST]A small pre-emptive heads-up;

Merrick might skip his turn for now as he doesn't feel up to posting.

I was waiting for him to post before moving the plot forward, I didn't bother to contact him hence why we are still stuck at this point.
I will more the plot forward when I get his consent to move it forward without him posting this time around.[DOUBLEPOST=1401183409][/DOUBLEPOST]Current Event:

The Witches Magic Selection

Fireballs
Exploding Fireballs
Rooting Spells
Minor Illusions
Make the ground slippery

You are free to play the witch you are fighting against freely. I'll make up a name for the surviving witch and have in give us some minor intel.

Special notes:
Everybodies gun isn't working at this point, remember we all fell into the water.[DOUBLEPOST=1401236420][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm giving Frank to Trevor to post on, since Ian and I already have had our moment to shine while Jackson had his before I became GM.

Harold will be given a moment to do something more essentially plot relevant individually if I encounter an opportunity as well. I only have plot points noted downb ( in my head ) , so these occurrences are rather upon realisation instead of advance notice.

I do not know why Trevor's player ( Zenchi Raven ) hasn't posted yet, I tried to contact him today but couldn't get a response. ( he has been watching this forum however, so he isn't gone )

If he doesn't manage to post within the next 20 hours I'll move the plot forward forcibly, sorry for the inconvenience but I really don't like skipping a player when ''creative freedom sections'' are being played out. I could play his character for this time around but I'd rather not for obvious reasons.[DOUBLEPOST=1401412100][/DOUBLEPOST]I stayed up a little while longer to catch Zenchi's normal posting time but it seems he isn't around to post so I'll be taking my rest.

I'll post in 10 hours or so I think... ( Sorry, I know this is a terrible time for most of you )[DOUBLEPOST=1401545751][/DOUBLEPOST]I'll be dropping Trevors character focus section as Zenchi isn't able to regularly post anyway, it would be too annoying for you guys if I were to go ahead and do what I ahead planned for his character. ( I actually already forfeited the event with my latest post )

I do have another plan with includes backstory involvement with an enemy but of course this is something I'd need to discuss with Zenchi since Trevor a big enigma ( if not the biggest ) in the party concerning characters in his backstory.

Last edited:

Zenchi Raven

Sly coopers brother vixent cooper....tell no one.
Dec 4, 2013
I am slowly able to regain posting time. Parents are pushing house work into me for now along with life itself. If talks are needed ilk talk as soon as able.

Heres to a speedy posting time regain from me :D

Suwako

Diety who likes frogs
Aug 24, 2009
Frogland
Personal Text
Not a frog.
Glad to have you back, you're back just in time for the next battle event and the boss event after it after which I'll conclude the chapter with it's final event, eventually.

eventor.

Of course we'll wait for Merrick to get back and return for that event, since I don't want to play his characters battles out for him obviously.

TheGentleman

The Dapper Gent
Apr 28, 2014
Right here
Personal Text
Where is the Dapper emoticon
New character

Name:Stefan Bernadotte
Nationality: American
Appearance: 6 foot height with highly muscled build with a mustache black hair and eyes with overdeveloped canine teeth.

Personality: Snarky and sarcastic with a foul mouth to boot
Bio/history: Stefan was always picked on growing up for his teeth and surly attitude but he dealt with it he learned to handle a blade to deal with some of the more violent attacks against him. It wasn't until he cut his hand one day and found himself transfixed by the blood flowing out and realizing he wanted to taste it and upon doing so and liking it he realized that he truly was a freak. But he lived his life keeping his secret taste secret and his growing assortment of abilities that seemed to come put of no where to himself until one day he received a note simply saying we know with and address and a time at the bottom and the words lets chat at the bottom. Upon arriving to the location he was accosted by unknown assailants and taken to a warehouse were he was offered a job to join a military unit made of people like himself who would essentially help win the war against the Nazis seeing no other option he agreed and upon doing so his eyes were truly opened to the world around him. He has met and fought many strange and powerful beings one of which was a certain vampire he has enjoyed his current job and had hoped to stick with it until recently an old friend has made him get a new one.

Strengths: Far stronger than a normal human unparallelled skill with blades regenerative healing increased senses decent marksman can read peoples muscles to try and guess movement and act accordingly. exceptional hand to hand combatant.
Weaknesses: Head shot will knock him out some people he can't read out muscle movement attitude gets him in trouble more so than not. Will always go to collect knives that are thrown but gets agitated if one cant be found. Is not near as knowledgeable on the supernatural as he should be.

Weapons: seemingly infinite number of knives (not actually infinite just has a large amount), Kukri, combat knife, bare hands, and teeth.
Accessories: Dog tags with codename blademan on them duster to hide knives with his combat outfit on underneath. Likes to smoke cigars.

Last edited:

Suwako

Diety who likes frogs
Aug 24, 2009
Frogland
Personal Text
Not a frog.
Since the chapter is wrapped up I'll post all the references I made during my time as GM that I can remember.
A lot of these are very vague.

Touhou ( Victorique herself )
Gosick ( Victorique herself )
When They Cry - Higurashi ( Bernkastel )
When Seaguls Cry ( Bernkastel )
Norigami ( Charlotte's introduction )
Is That A Zombie? ( Hellscythe )
Madoka Magica ( Charlotte's first name ''magical girl'' )
Rozen Maiden ( Alice dolls, some of the plot. )
Working!! ( I'm not little. )
Senki no Symphogear ( Part Charlotte's backstory )
Grim Reaper ( Hein )
Matrix ( Mrs. Johnson references agent smith )
Mawaru Penguin drum ( Survival Strategy )
Buffy the vampire slayer / Angel ( Drusilla )
Fullmetal Alchemist ( Bradley )
Yashur ( Yashur is a Volcano in real life. )
The Devil Is A Partimer ( Charlotte working in a restaurant )

Zenchi Raven

Dec 4, 2013
AMEN TO DESTINY! ive finnaly gotten my lvl 20 legendary weapon.....now i need armor.
im currently waiting on Gentlemen and my college work stacked over the weekend so yeah

Merrick Rose

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 20, 2007
Tuscaloosa, AL
Personal Text
I like the way you die, boy.
So I've been glossing over this anime called Tokyo Ghoul, and the story seems to share a lot of parallels with what I have in mind for Jackson's development, i.e. this "awakening" he's just gone through and struggling with his human side and this other monstrous side of himself.
I think this English cover of the opening theme will sum up his future situation...

Last edited:

Zenchi Raven

Dec 4, 2013
Ok what I got out of that is he'll die.
I don't like that.
Or you might mean he will lose control?[DOUBLEPOST=1417926918,1417926885][/DOUBLEPOST]Also waiting on your post again rose.

Merrick Rose

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 20, 2007
Tuscaloosa, AL
Personal Text
No, no. He won't die. He may lose control at some point, though. And sorry. I'll post something right away.
[DOUBLEPOST=1419309901,1417931310][/DOUBLEPOST]Yes. I just made a Frozen reference. XD;

Merrick Rose

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 20, 2007
Tuscaloosa, AL
Personal Text
You still need to post, Gent. Just saying.
[DOUBLEPOST=1419821985,1419481279][/DOUBLEPOST]I'm using my new LG tablet to send this.

I'm gonna have to put the Spookhouse on hold for a while. I know it's annoying but my computer monitor decided to burn itself out last night and I don't know when I can get a new one.

Merrick Rose

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 20, 2007
Tuscaloosa, AL
Personal Text
Putting the Spookhouse on hold again for a while. We're getting ready to move back to Alabama, and I may be without internet by Thursday or Friday until we move into the apartment.
[DOUBLEPOST=1433959873,1433956724][/DOUBLEPOST]Make that Monday.