The Spookhouse: A Supernatural RP (OOC Thread)

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

Suwako

Diety who likes frogs
Aug 24, 2009
Frogland
Personal Text
Not a frog.
Mrs. Johnson calling Frederika by her first name was intentional, feel free to ask Frederika why she did so at the meeting. ( The explanation is one sentence long or so. )[DOUBLEPOST=1399939636,1399936223][/DOUBLEPOST]I'll be delaying my next post till Merrik get's a chance to respond to the letter and Mrs. Johnson for the sake of the timescale of the events. ( and because I have to sleep sometimes, just sometimes. )

Zenchi Raven

Sly coopers brother vixent cooper....tell no one.
Dec 4, 2013
kinda have to say this gent but you are being a vampire so the logic of vampires still applys. fire, holy water and wooden stack can harm your character. Also vampires and werewolves have always been even battles with each other so there isnt much difference in strength and speed and enhanced senses. differences would be by werewol es having two forms the human form keeping most of the enhanced senses and such while the beastial form being more all out. while a vampire is one constant form. although i like that its become more rival like and you had something anti werewolf keep in mind that our characters are purley made and will be even in both resistance and and possibly experience. if you have questions on mytholigy between these species send mea message. . if i sound mad im not. i was just making sure you understand the vampire logic and the history of them. i also apologize to merrick if i was god modding a bit there

TheGentleman

The Dapper Gent
Apr 28, 2014
Right here
Personal Text
Where is the Dapper emoticon
Yes I get it but there are subtleties that can be shifted and I am taking from multiple sources to make my character how I want him but still keeping him from being op the lore for vampires has not been fully covered so there could be two types of them some being weaker than other while others are far more powerful and not affected the same way as their weaker counterparts E.I. normal vamps are affected by religious imagery sunlight fire while the kind my vampire is is affected by belief and sunlight doesn't kill but it does weaken and sting same goes with stakes the hurt like a bitch but don't really killed decapitation will end him as well as complete immolation. He is also well over one thousand years old and considered to be the oldest vampire and one of the oldest being on earth and was at one time a bloodthirsty and I am being literal here a bloodthirsty warmonger and vampires no matter what kind grow stronger with age and with the amount of people whose blood they drink and he has killed and drank tens of thousands possibly more he stopped keeping score and not all of them have been human which adds even more power but the more they drink the crazier they become and if they break to much they tend to great something that can kill them permanently. Also while normally Vampires and Werewolves are equal he is old enough to easily overpower most werewolves with little effort.

Last edited:

Zenchi Raven

Dec 4, 2013
ok that makes more sense now because i read your CS many times and it didnt really connect together. but you are correct with some vampires age and beleif become a better norm. take dracula for instance....this is gonna be a heck of a rivalry.....eh later itll all work out like shows where rivals end up as freinds after fighting back to back against seemingly immpossible odds. hmmm did you ever find the source saying that some age wise vampires although insane dont show it unless something triggers it? or how they keep sanity with something close by?

Zenchi Raven

Dec 4, 2013
well most logic would sate that being insane when turned would just make him more insane. to controll it hed have something enchanted by dark magic or by demonism to aid that. a necklace or pendant or even a cane that when removed or not close caused that hidden insanity to be released or to becime unstable once more and was added towards strength. but if he can controll it himself then ok.

Suwako

Diety who likes frogs
Aug 24, 2009
Frogland
Personal Text
Not a frog.
As soon as Trevor and Victorique have finished interaction I intend to switch to the Roasted Dragon, I'll have Victorique arrive really early to make introductions and such. I'll make a post for this, so please don't try and switch to the setting yourselves. Trevor and Victorique should be finished soon enough. ( as in Zenchi can finish it with a small monologue and leave the next post if he wants to as Victorique has already said a lot at this time. ) I'll try and be speedy with my post so we can get the plot moving.

Suwako

Diety who likes frogs
Aug 24, 2009
Frogland
Personal Text
Not a frog.
And I apologize for the length of that post, I thought about putting the backstory in the next one but that felt like to much unnecessary delay, especially considering it would be strange considerate for Frederika to wait for everyone to agree with her.

Anyway, Alice Dolls.

Yes, I went there.[DOUBLEPOST=1400163181,1400102185][/DOUBLEPOST]Charlotte was added simply as a contact simply because having Vee as the only contact option seemed rather weird in my opinion.
Charlotte is a reference blob, how horrible.[DOUBLEPOST=1400341101][/DOUBLEPOST]To avoid further confusion in play:

Please don't instagib characters that have been told to have left."( They are no longer in range, unless otherwise specified. )
Please don't instagib characters that don't have their strength parameters revealed. ( especially when they are intelligently supernatural i.e. Vampires, Witches, Werewolves all the good stuff. )
Please don't assume witches are easily distinctive from normal people, for this instance normal young witches are normal people as long as they aren't enchanted or using spells as far as appearance is concerned.

The werewolves among our party can sniff out some of the herbs that Witches use among the passengers but you'll need to get very close to the bags they carry and of course confirm they are in their bags visually, but the charms on the crewmen, captain and passengers will remain until removed. If no character in our party can remove the charms: the covert witches can remove them if you manage to ''convince'' them, they'll obviously deny such an ability but they can remove the charms. ( Physical harm may be used to convince them. )

- I myself will always try and note when you can attack characters and how strong those characters are supposed to be.
- You all have been doing fine ''TheGent's'' post considered what I am posting this for.
- You may always IM me or post here if you're confused about something, I'll try and be as clear as possible.

NEXT EVENT:

- Next event post will be a massive battle, something you all have been waiting for I suppose. Try and be creative and take out enemies in cool magical ways or with melee. Consider taking down 12 in one magical attack to be the maximum unless you channel for a really really long time. I'd like everyone to get to kill/destroy about 10~16 enemies in this event.

In the next event: ( timeskip ) ( Preferably 60 hostile's )
Ian get's to kill 8~18 enemies,
Trevor get's to kill 6~18 enemies and
Jackson and Harold get to kill 12~36 enemies.
Victorique will only kill about 6 or so, but she's my character and the battle will start for you only after her actions so she's ''special'' due to being the GM's character.

You may lower the amount of enemies you kill if you want, as Harold and Trevor are mostly melee fighters it's somewhat harder to kill many in creative ways. Jackson and Ian both have ranged abilities so might kill more. Melee characters will be disadvantaged due to the setting, I apologize to Trevor for this as he's the only pure melee player beside me I suppose, I hope he can work things out credibly.[DOUBLEPOST=1400443864][/DOUBLEPOST]I edited my latest post as it was full of spelling mistakes and misplaced/missing words, I was tired when I made that post. I'll shall refrain from posting while being that tired from now on as the post was too poor in my opinion.

Anyway, You are all free to post whatever combat sequence you'd like, but I'd prefer to keep your combat contained in 2 posts or so, feel free to work together and deliberate on how to post your battles and how you do teamwork.
You are completely free with the golems and crow-men to do whatever you'd like. They die from decapitation and large head injuries, bullets are useless however because they are regenerative type golems. Grenades still work, but you're on a boat. As noted in my prior post you may kill however many enemies you want per character with a ridiculous maximum of 18 per person. I won't be roleplaying the golems you guys beat yourselves, so I insist you do whatever you want with your own chosen assorted number of golems.

Again, appologies if you read my posts prior version and found it terrible to read, I went through it and realize that there was a lot wrong with it in many ways. ( more than usual, ha... )

Also; don't be confused, Victorique is stronger against vampires than anything else, i.e. she's weaker against, werewolves, mages, witches, naga, zombies, dogs, cats, mouses, necromancers, golems, crunchy vegetables.

Last edited:

Merrick Rose

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 20, 2007
Tuscaloosa, AL
Personal Text
I like the way you die, boy.
I'm using my iphone to send this. I can't seem to access this website from my own computer, and I'm not sure how long that might last.

Suwako

Diety who likes frogs
Aug 24, 2009
Frogland
Personal Text
Not a frog.
Very well, I appreciate you informing us. I'll see if I can occupy myself with some prior posts for the time being.

btw: have you tried proxy's ?[DOUBLEPOST=1400504027,1400493786][/DOUBLEPOST]Post #383 was edited to respond to Trevor ( Zenchi Raven ) as I apparently forgot to do that in the original. I apologize for not including that in the first place.[DOUBLEPOST=1400713151][/DOUBLEPOST]400 posts, how nice.

500 is a milestone, right? How nice.

Event Calendar
~ A mage
~ A werewolf
~ A human
~ A doll
~ The mission
~ Madness
~ Fighting part 1
~ Nazi's
~ Crypts
~ Zombies
~ The Train part I
~ More woof's
~ Paris
~ Soldiers
~ Death?
~ The boat part I
~ UK
~ USA
~ The town
~ Debriefing
~ A Vampire
~ The Witch
~ The copy
~ The diner
~ The ghost
~ The train part II
~ Scumbags
~ The dock
~ The boat part II
~ The Witches
~ The Vampire
~ The Golems
~ The crowmen
~ Fighting part II
- current time -​
~ Event Closure
~ Event Closure part II
~ Event Opening
~ Event introduction
~ Event Closure
~ Short Event Opening
~ Character Event
~ Short Event Closure
~ Very short Event opening
~ Throwaway Characters
~ Very short Event closure
~ Minor Plot event
~ Very short Event opening
~ Troll-plot Ending
~ Plot event
~ Event opening
~ Minor Characters
~ Event character
~ Event Ending
~ Final Event
~ Final Event end
~ Return.

^ Yes, this is how I am currently planning this. ( such event, much wow, many spoiler. )

Last edited:

Suwako

Diety who likes frogs
Aug 24, 2009
Frogland
Personal Text
Not a frog.
Dat list tho...so much list....
It could get longer! I left out most of the stuff in the crypt and file it under madness.
As for the events that I have planned, I can only trip one out I think... wa-ha-ha...
Knowing me, we might end up with a couple more, but most of them are single post events... I hope.
Remember train II? Yes, that was a single post event, we all know how that went...
Remember boat II? Yes, that was a single post event, we all know how that went...

I just wrote it like that because it rhymes, limes.

Zenchi Raven

Dec 4, 2013
your ryhmes are bad....and you should feel bad!
i never noticed what you had meant a rhyme.
should i start a rhyme from limes?

Suwako

Diety who likes frogs
Aug 24, 2009
Frogland
Personal Text
Not a frog.
Haha.

Anyway, I'm about ready to finish up this event. I think ya'll get one more post or something and then I'll make things worse...

I mean better, definitely better... -ish.

Which doesn't include Trevors post before this one, I mean from this point in time on about 1 more post before I trigger the event final.

Gents needs to post before I actually will think about it, I retailored part of this event... but I wont be saying much about it before I make my next post or so I should... wa-ha-ha....

Last edited:

Suwako

Diety who likes frogs
Aug 24, 2009
Frogland
Personal Text
Not a frog.
The list got me wondering what the events are
Hang around till the end and you will see. :3

I'll be beginning the event closure part I as soon as Jackson & Harold ( Merik ) makes his post.
and reveal it's actual name, of course...

Last edited:

Suwako

Diety who likes frogs
Aug 24, 2009
Frogland
Personal Text
Not a frog.
Am I controlling drussila in this fight.
Yes, you may. She has the basic set of vampire abilities + some additional shapeshifting ( claws etc. )and flight.

ps: let the others fend for themselves in the water for at least one post. ( your fight is supposed to take a while after all. (

Last edited: