The Katbox Box-Enlarging Project

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

Wolfey

Logical Lupus
Apr 21, 2007
Kittanning, PA, USA
wolfey.sillydog.org
Personal Text
That's not what I meant...
If anonymity is your priority we do have a paypal account and that's where I've been recording the offline donations from. You can donate to Payments@Katbox.net and I'll record it under whatever name you want.
That's great to hear, and thank you for clearing this up for me :happyTaffy:

Also: I'm aware that one must be careful with what is included in the note for a PayPal payment. Would something like "[tt]Donation[/tt]" on the first line and "[tt](Please list me as an anonymous donor.)[/tt]" on the second line be OK, or should I send this information to you separately from the payment itself?

For GoFundMe you can opt to be anonymous or have a false name. This is what GoFundMe shows up as on my statement.

<Image: Description provided for a donation to the GoFundMe campaign "Improving the Katbox">
That's interesting to know (and provides much more information than I was expecting to receive :amazeDigit:) - thank you very much for mentioning this :gleeNina:

(After looking at the attachment in your post, I'm definitely going to stick with using PayPal for my donation: the description includes part of the GoFundMe campaign's name, and that piece of data could potentially be used to identify what the donation was made toward...)​

ID

The Katboss
Administrator
Apr 17, 2007
Northern Kentucky
www.katbox.net
That's great to hear, and thank you for clearing this up for me :happyTaffy:

Also: I'm aware that one must be careful with what is included in the note for a PayPal payment. Would something like "[tt]Donation[/tt]" on the first line and "[tt](Please list me as an anonymous donor.)[/tt]" on the second line be OK, or should I send this information to you separately from the payment itself?
Whatever makes you most comfortable. If you'd rather send me an email with your desires my address is Id@Katbox.net. Or you can send me a PM on here or whatever works for you.

Wolfey

Logical Lupus
Apr 21, 2007
Kittanning, PA, USA
wolfey.sillydog.org
Personal Text
That's not what I meant...
Whatever makes you most comfortable. If you'd rather send me an email with your desires my address is Id@Katbox.net. Or you can send me a PM on here or whatever works for you.
All right, then: I've now found out everything that I need to know in order to feel comfortable with making a donation to this project. Thank you very much for clearing these things up for me - I really appreciate it :happySunJi:

(Although I've donated to Katbox-related projects before, those donations were either done only though PayPal [so there would be no public record of the donations made], or they were done through a service [with PayPal available as a payment method] that allowed one to donate under a non-real name [or even anonymously]. Since GoFundMe only allows donations via a credit card, and because [as you mentioned] PayPal donations are listed on the GoFundMe page, I was concerned that I'd end up with a public record of the donation regardless of what method I used for donating: it would etiher be on a credit card statement [if I went through GoFundMe], or on the GoFundMe page for this project [if I went through PayPal, since any payment made through it also includes the donor's real name...and, prior to asking about it, I wasn't sure if I could specify using something other than my real name in a note included with that payment].)

Aeri

Resident Resident spirit expert
Gallery Volunteer
Nov 26, 2012
Spencerport
steamcommunity.com
Personal Text
Cat boobs ain't a spreadsheet
I write this so I don't forget, But my stuff is probably gonna come in through Paypal pretty soon, Aeri is also my name on the paypal.

Chaos Sepher

Gallery Volunteer
Mar 2, 2008
New Jersey
I would like to make a suggestion. Once the drive hit's at least the halfway mark, perhaps Katbox artists can partake in publicity for the drive and update. Especially those who will be submitting projects into Katbox After Dark.

ID

The Katboss
Administrator
Apr 17, 2007
Northern Kentucky
www.katbox.net
Heads up guys we have launched the first of a series of auctions for cameo spots.

Uber Quest http://forums.katbox.net/threads/uberquest-cameo-auction.13626/#post-220156
Current Bid: $60

Our World: http://forums.katbox.net/threads/our-world-cameo-auction.13625/
Current Bid: $30
[doublepost=1476662181,1476598951][/doublepost]Bump. Check here for the current bids on the cameo auctions. Updated when I think of checking.
[doublepost=1477749986][/doublepost]Sorry for the short notice. But today at 300 PM EST Sage will be hosting a donation stream for the katbox fundraiser. We will also have a special guest Sahtori Kamaya, artist for the webcomic Oasis (http://ethereal-worlds.com/comics/oasis/1-nightly-wanderings/) who will be taking a couple of sketch commissions to raise money for emergency expenses.

https://picarto.tv/sagesaga

ID

The Katboss
Administrator
Apr 17, 2007
Northern Kentucky
www.katbox.net
Heya everyone. We took a bit of a break last month because organizing this stuff and giving up weekends can take it out of you.

But we're back. We've got a bit more to go so we are redoubling out efforts.

I will be trying to do something every week and weekend. An auction during the week and streams each weekend. The exception will be the weekend of Christmas because all joking aside I am not horse Scrooge.

Please check here regularly or watch this thread for developments.

Streamers so far for this weekend:
Saturday: Kuurion
Sunday: Chalo, possibly Kuurion

Last edited:

F-Frost

Katbox Forum Member
Sep 1, 2016
f-frost.deviantart.com
ID put in the last bit himself like "I'm gonna end this right now and then grab a cold one.".
That's exactly what happened.

On a more serious note that's really nice! Heck, the average donation sum is 57 dollars if the numbers there are right, that's quite insane.

ID

The Katboss
Administrator
Apr 17, 2007
Northern Kentucky
www.katbox.net
ID put in the last bit himself like "I'm gonna end this right now and then grab a cold one.".
That's exactly what happened.
More or less, though there's no alcohol where I am at the moment.

But yes the fundraiser is now over. I wouldn't say no to additional donations but they are no longer badly needed. We've made enough from donations to pay for all the site upgrades we want. Expect things to look pretty different next year!

I'm taking tomorrow off entirely to relax and recover. I need to get back to work directing the course of the Katbox for 2017.