The Katbox Box-Enlarging Project

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

ID

The Katboss
Administrator
Apr 17, 2007
Northern Kentucky
www.katbox.net
Yesterday I hinted on twitter that there would be a big announcement coming today. This is it!

After a couple of months of going over ideas and planning I am pleased to present my plans, which I am using my amazing naming skills to dub the "Box Enlarging Project."

By enlarging I mean adding a bunch of new features to the Katbox, investment in advertising and convention operations, as well as a new addition to the box which I've called KatboxAfterDark.net to host more mature works.

These changes aren't going to come cheap though. Mihari has been doing a great job for us for years, but she has been working for us as a volunteer and thus not able to devote as much time to developing new features as we might want. As of today we have begun a GoFundMe campaign to raise money in order to pay her to do development work for us full time until the new features are complete. Depending on how well we do, we have plans in the works to also begin in-house publishing.

So if any of this is interesting to you, or you're just a fan of The Katbox, please consider throwing us a few bucks!

https://www.gofundme.com/thekatboxrenewal <- Also has a lot more info.

Over the course of the next month we will be holding scheduled and impromptu donation streams by Katbox artists, so stay tuned to this thread and we'll be making posts on when streams are coming or here!

Last edited:

Ironfoot

Prime Minister of Fun!
Jul 7, 2010
ironfootkb.deviantart.com
I hope this all works out. Going to have to move some things around to see if I can donate. You guys have been such a huge part of my life for the last I don't know how many years. I'd love to give back some.

ID

The Katboss
Administrator
Apr 17, 2007
Northern Kentucky
www.katbox.net
I hope this all works out. Going to have to move some things around to see if I can donate. You guys have been such a huge part of my life for the last I don't know how many years. I'd love to give back some.
Thank you! It's wonderfully gratifying to hear about the positive impact we've managed it make in some people's lives!
-----------------------------------

On another note our first donation stream is going to be this Saturday. @Bone will be starting us off in the afternoon. I will be joining him on chat and we'll go until we get tired of it. We might get joined by other artists if they become available.

Sunday @SageStrike2 will be doing a stream. Again if other artists become available and decide to show up we'll turn it into a multistream.

Desert Fox

The Katbox
Jan 13, 2014
Personal Text
Foxy Comic Artist
Here's the link to my Picarto, if you need it! I'll be starting at noon, EST on Sunday. Mine will be a sketch commission stream, so if you guys are interested, I have all of my commission info in the description. All of the proceeds go to fund the project.

https://picarto.tv/DesertFox

Edwin R. Shy

Rachael Fan since 07'
Oct 21, 2007
Oakland, CA
www.edwinshy.deviantart.com
I've been with the Katbox for 9 years, next October 21st makes it 10 years which is crazy I made a few of friends here if it wasn't for randomly clicking on at Las Lindas ad I wouldn't of found this great place I'll totally donate when I can anything to help this awesome site out :)

ID

The Katboss
Administrator
Apr 17, 2007
Northern Kentucky
www.katbox.net
Thanks everyone who has donated or participated thus far. Yes, we've passed $1k but we have a very long way to go.

This is going to sound super cliche but if everyone who visited our site gave just a dollar we'd have our highest goal several times over.

If you don't want to deal with GoFundMe please consider giving to our paypal: Payments@Katbox.net

Aeri

Resident Resident spirit expert
Gallery Volunteer
Nov 26, 2012
Spencerport
steamcommunity.com
Personal Text
Cat boobs ain't a spreadsheet
Well that's something :p,

And... Do we have 20k viewers? Huh..... There's one artist I kinda hope turns out for this one though :p

Lemurvid

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 29, 2014
Land of Tea
Personal Text
Close to the Edge
Yeah, I'm really on the wrong side of the Atlantic for the streams/commisions. I'll chuck something in the jar though...

ID

The Katboss
Administrator
Apr 17, 2007
Northern Kentucky
www.katbox.net
Well that's something :p,

And... Do we have 20k viewers? Huh..... There's one artist I kinda hope turns out for this one though :p
According to our analytics, yes. Much more!
[doublepost=1473180527,1473179875][/doublepost]This weekend we are expecting a busy cluster of streams. @Chalo and @Sage are scheduled and we may even be having a couple of guest artists willing to help. So please stay tuned!

Aeri

Gallery Volunteer
Nov 26, 2012
Spencerport
steamcommunity.com
Personal Text
According to our analytics, yes. Much more!
[doublepost=1473180527,1473179875][/doublepost]This weekend we are expecting a busy cluster of streams. @Chalo and @Sage are scheduled and we may even be having a couple of guest artists willing to help. So please stay tuned!
@Chalo you say... *Contemplative hand rubbing*

I do hope we actually have a schedule in lieu of the "Just coming online whenever" protocol previously established.

ID

The Katboss
Administrator
Apr 17, 2007
Northern Kentucky
www.katbox.net
@Chalo you say... *Contemplative hand rubbing*

I do hope we actually have a schedule in lieu of the "Just coming online whenever" protocol previously established.
I'll give as much notice as I can. It's not very easy to wrangle multiple artists who have their own schedules and work habits. Usually I get one person and the others follow.

Rosscoe

Hobbyist
Jun 9, 2008
EARTH
Personal Text
Ahhhhh Art, How we can escape life to thee
I'll see what I can donate in the next couple of weeks, right now I just spent a bit setting up shop to supply 3d printer services :dropYuki:

Aeri

Gallery Volunteer
Nov 26, 2012
Spencerport
steamcommunity.com
Personal Text
I'll give as much notice as I can. It's not very easy to wrangle multiple artists who have their own schedules and work habits. Usually I get one person and the others follow.
Any notice > after-the-fact notice that just makes ya feel bad that you missed it XD. even like "This coming week in the afternoon" is somewhat useful shrug, I know it's fiddly business, I just hope to be a part o' it.

Aeri

Gallery Volunteer
Nov 26, 2012
Spencerport
steamcommunity.com
Personal Text
So here's the notice. @Chalo will be doing a donation stream Saturday starting at 300 PM EST. He'll be going as long as he feels up to it and will probably be joined by others during that time as well.
That's perfect! Cheers love.

Last edited:

Wolfey

Logical Lupus
Apr 21, 2007
Kittanning, PA, USA
wolfey.sillydog.org
Personal Text
That's not what I meant...
I'm planning to donate to this project via PayPal[sup]║*1║[/sup]...but, before I do, there's something that I need to know:

After looking at the GoFundMe page for this project, I noticed that quite a few donations appear to be listed under the real names of their respective donors. If outside donations (i.e., from sources like PayPal) are also listed publicly on the GoFundMe page (or, for that matter, any page associated with donations for this project), would it be possible for someone to have their donation listed as being from an anonymous donor (or, if a name must be included, from a[n appropriate] nickname provided by that donor), rather than having their real name associated with it?

(║*1║ I had originally planned to donate via GoFundMe, but later noticed that it only allows doing so via a credit card...and I'm uncomfortable with putting a donation for this on a credit card [as I don't know what description[sup]║*2║[/sup] would be provided for it on my credit card statement].)

(║*2║ To anyone here who has put donations via GoFundMe on their credit card: how are its entries listed on your credit card statements? Do those entries list exactly what you donated toward, or do they just list something like transaction IDs [that, without additional information, could not be used to identify what you donated toward]?)

If you could provide any information in regard to this, I would greatly appreciate it :gleeId:

ID

The Katboss
Administrator
Apr 17, 2007
Northern Kentucky
www.katbox.net
I'm planning to donate to this project via PayPal[sup]║*1║[/sup]...but, before I do, there's something that I need to know:

After looking at the GoFundMe page for this project, I noticed that quite a few donations appear to be listed under the real names of their respective donors. If outside donations (i.e., from sources like PayPal) are also listed publicly on the GoFundMe page (or, for that matter, any page associated with donations for this project), would it be possible for someone to have their donation listed as being from an anonymous donor (or, if a name must be included, from a[n appropriate] nickname provided by that donor), rather than having their real name associated with it?

(║*1║ I had originally planned to donate via GoFundMe, but later noticed that it only allows doing so via a credit card...and I'm uncomfortable with putting a donation for this on a credit card [as I don't know what description[sup]║*2║[/sup] would be provided for it on my credit card statement].)

(║*2║ To anyone here who has put donations via GoFundMe on their credit card: how are its entries listed on your credit card statements? Do those entries list exactly what you donated toward, or do they just list something like transaction IDs [that, without additional information, could not be used to identify what you donated toward]?)

If you could provide any information in regard to this, I would greatly appreciate it :gleeId:
If anonymity is your priority we do have a paypal account and that's where I've been recording the offline donations from. You can donate to Payments@Katbox.net and I'll record it under whatever name you want.

For GoFundMe you can opt to be anonymous or have a false name. This is what GoFundMe shows up as on my statement.

gdsfgdsg.JPG
[doublepost=1473581464,1473569143][/doublepost]Thank you everyone who came to the latest stream. We've broken $2700 tonight and made another dent in our overall goal. Your support means so much! Not just the people who donated but also the artists who have graciously donated their time to the cause.
I need to give a special shout-out to @UStudios who was a huge help to me running a bunch of different streams. Without him this would have been 10x more hectic.

We might have a smaller donation stream tomorrow with different artists but we'll see. It's typically more impromptu on Sunday. Again thank you everyone, let's keep the momentum going and there's no reason we can't hit our goal!