The Inn of the Lost Heroes just outside the city of Joomla (Wild Kingdoms RP)(Open)

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

Darth Dies

The Guardian
Feb 25, 2016
Unknown
((I get the Halloween version of games things but come on! That'll be there for atleast a week before going normal,or is it that "slowest update time ever just to change the visuals" thing so he has to keep his PC turned on for two days? No offense @BadXAsh!))
[doublepost=1477078851,1476603053][/doublepost]((Vlad is playing a game of chees with Ben the Friar.
"Check mate!" said Ben to which Vlad replied with a table flip.
"With age comes knowledge my friend!" Said Ben.

Vlad is now playing a game of chekeers with Scarnn.
"King me laddie!" Said Scarnn to which Vlad replied with a table flip!
"....my Ale was on that table.." said a Scarnn deprived of his drink.

Vlad is now playing darts with Wren.
"150 Vlad! I win." There is no table to be flipped. So he flips the one beside him,knocking Scarnns drink from his hand.
Scarnn: .....
Hello darkness my old friend...
I've come to talk to you again...

Vlad is now playing a starring contest with Kalin. In other words *Intense Gameplay* as they both need adept concentration for either their weapons (Kalins sword whip) or proffesion (as a bard/skald Vlad musn't mess up a note).
A fly passes infront of Vlad causing him to blink.
"Vìctory!" Said Kalin. To which Vlad replied:
"That doesn't count.."

"We've been at this for hours! No exceptions!"

Vlad flips the table on which their contest took part!

Vlad is now playing a 4v1 Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel againts Wren,Ben,Scarnn and Kalin.

After summoning his 3 Blue-Eyes White Dragons taking care of the guys he ends the duel by summonimg Blue-Eyes Ultimate Dragon and finishing off Wren.
After which he flips the table and goes to play his lute.))

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2008
NC
((Ben chuckles loudly as he checks on Wren's hand... and sees that she has withheld the five parts of Exodia the Forbidden One as he hears her whisper,"Gotta let the poor boy win sometime. Good for morale" as she then challenges Ben to a game of darts...... the game was very close as the scores were fairly close the whole match until Wren played the 2nd half and threw each of her darts with Scarrn yelling "TON 80!!!" as Wren got 3 triple 20s and blew him away in one shot.

"Well the Dragon gods are behind ya boy!" the friar laughs at Wren))

BadXAsh

Social Whore...er I mean Butterfly
May 29, 2008
Kalispell, MT
Personal Text
You're no bunny til some bunny loves you.
((I'm back, I'm back... Two things happened... No, three things happened. No, no, four things happened. Thing one, been busy at work as I'm trying to get an exchange email security system set in place and completely rework the school's website from hard coded to wordpress, blah blah boring stuff. Thing two, Time got away from me and I kept meaning to come back in but as time got further away I was reluctant to come back and say Hey guy... time got away from me again... Thing three...And four I made up... It's just the two things... Okay Lets get this rolling again thanks for hanging out.))

P.S. Overwatch is awesome...
[doublepost=1477337944,1477335890][/doublepost]
Chapter II
A Cold Steel Rain & A Warm Hearth

The escape tunnel smelled of damp earth, but save for the earthen walls the path was surprisingly straight and smooth. After about a minute or two of walking the tunnel ended and a ladder went up. Holding up his hand for them to stop, the old Tiger climbed up first. He placed his hand on the opening hatch and lifted it. He continued to climb until he was out of site. It was dark up there... Everyone held their breath for a moment and then the large orange and black stripped arm extended down out of the darkness and waved them up.

Upon reaching the top of the ladder they would see they were inside a large hollowed out hay mound that was sitting out back near the back of the barn several hundred feet away from the inn. It was made with thin branches and hay hung around the outside to give it the appearance of a hay stack. There was a cot in here and some dry rations and water skins. It looks like this place was a place to hide folk for a time. On the side facing the Inn there was a slot for peering out of. The old tiger stood looking out of the slot with a set jaw and a thousand mile stare. For those that peered out as well they would see the Inn of the lost heroes was fully engulfed in flames despite the heavy cold fall rain that was still down pouring. Hyena's could be seen all standing around, talking and laughing. Mounted sergeants barking orders to get them to fall in.

The old tiger's ears were at attention and focused. He made a face and said in a low voice. "They are organizing search parties. We must not delay here for long." He glanced sidelong at Wren, Ben, Vlad, Scarrn, and Kalin. "The journey to the school unseen will not be easy, and though the school is not that far... I see you're in for a much longer road then any of you have anticipated..." He sighed and shifted those green eyes back out to the burning inn and spoke very quietly. "How has it gone this far..." He turned from the site and looked at the Rabbit Family and Hazel. "Right! Shall we be on our way? The Dark will only cover us for so long... Oh First thing... No Second thing... No..." Counts on his fingers. "Eighth thing!... Introductions. My name is Ash, Sooth sayer, and also a pretty darn good story teller..." He waves that off. "No time for stories! We should flee..." With that he reached out and moved back the curtain of hay in the back that allowed them to see out into the dark and stormy night before them a line of trees 100 yards from where they were. "Make for the tree line... don't let them see us or all is lost." He looked at the nervous ones and smiled. "All great adventures start out with a single step... Lucky for us we get to run!"

Rock-Scar

AKA Squeaky
Dec 14, 2013
R'lyeh's waiting room
Personal Text
*wilhelm scream*
"Oh First thing... No Second thing... No..." Counts on his fingers. "Eighth thing!... "
A wide-eyed Scarrn whispers into Wren's ear "...I'm beginnin' ta think we would have been safer in the burnin' buildin', laddie..." :dropMiles:

While usually not one to run from a fight and little wary of the mysterious old tiger, Scarrn ultimately nods in agreement to the soothsayer's plan.

After grabbing a water skin and storing as many rations his pockets and time will allow, the sprinting badger follows behind the rabbits to provide cover from the back.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2008
NC
The kindly friar continued to help the young Hazel, lending her his cloak and hood,"The weather twill be rough, young one. Take this" as he gives his gentle smile as rain pours around the bald spot as his lopp ears redirect water from around his face as he then offers her quiet words of encouragement and strength. He helps the young maiden along with the rabbit family, staying close behind them encouraging them on.

Zoie Falcona

Wild Kingdoms Dungeon Mistress
May 29, 2008
Home
zoiefalcona.deviantart.com
Personal Text
Support ALS research
"Eighth thing!... Introductions. My name is Ash, Sooth sayer, and also a pretty darn good story teller..." He waves that off. "No time for stories! We should flee..." Lucky for us we get to run!"
Wren lifts an eyebrow as she listens along with the group

A wide-eyed Scarrn whispers into Wren's ear "...I'm beginnin' ta think we would have been safer in the burnin' buildin', laddie..." :dropMiles:
Wren whispers back in return,"Flames and steel... rather face the rain... at least I can do something with this... if ya remember Hestalia..." as she grins widely to the badger. She moves ahead of the group to where "Ash" is as she looks back to the tiger,"Hope ya can keep up!" as her young eyes dance with life,"You seem to be trouble... reminds me of a ferret I know" as she darts ahead to the tree line, keeping an eye out for trouble.

Rock-Scar

AKA Squeaky
Dec 14, 2013
R'lyeh's waiting room
Personal Text
*wilhelm scream*
"Flames and steel... rather face the rain... at least I can do something with this... if ya remember Hestalia..." as she grins widely to the badger.
A nostolgic grin forms on Scarrn's face. "Heh heh! Us against a bunch of abyss-spawned necromancers in a haunted castle... good times. xD"

As Wren takes off, Scarrn tells Vlad to be careful and tosses an extra water skin to Kalin @16kindelbergerry before he begins his sprint with Ben. "Alright boys, last one to make it to the treeline buys the drinks!"

Darth Dies

The Guardian
Feb 25, 2016
Unknown
Vlad hears Scarnn and he soon realises....he's buying the drinks in the next inn.

"*siigh*...."

When everyone is close enough to the forrest Vlad makes a run for it. But instead of going straight he runs in an angle to stear clear of the eyes of the search party,due to his tall build.

Last edited:

16kindelbergerry

Galactic Traveller
May 16, 2016
Personal Text
TBD
Kalin snatches the thrown waterskin and stuffs it in his pack as he runs behind the badger. He's already replaced his sword around his waist, and one of his caster pistols is drawn and loaded. In between furtive glances around to make sure that the howling mob of imperial 'guards' hasn't caught wind of their flight, he glares at the back of Ash's head. There's more to the tiger than vague prophesies and tall tales, he's sure... he's convinced that there's more to this odd guide of theirs than the striped feline is letting on.

Apr 2, 2008
NC
The rotund friar makes sure everyone is past the tree line before searching for a long stick to use as a walking staff. He jokingly asks Wren to borrow her dagger to carve runic symbols in the first he finds that is big enough to support him as another has his

Darth Dies

The Guardian
Feb 25, 2016
Unknown
*Post coming soon*
THIS YEAR!!!

Vlad: Hurry!

WATCH A MONK...

Ben: May The Dragon Gods bless you...

A BADGER...

Scarnn: Where be that drink laddie?

A WEASEL

Wren: to your left!

A VIKING...

Vlad: Where's my Lute?...

A LION...

Kalin: running low on ammo...

JOIN THESE FIVE HEROES ON A QUEST,A QUEST TO UNLOCK LIFES GREATEST MISTERIES!!-

The scene switches to the group,Vlad attemptimg to start a fire with some flint,Wren and Kalin pattiently waitting,Ben telling tales to Hazel,Scarnn drinking. After a while Vlad gets angered and grabs Scarnn's alto vine mid drinking causing him to spit out some.

S: not the drink Vlady!

Vlad pours the alto vine over the wood,then he hits the flint one last time over his sword to cause a spark and the bonefire lits.

Vlad: Let there be fire!!

16kindelbergerry

Galactic Traveller
May 16, 2016
Personal Text
TBD
Vlad pours the alto vine over the wood, then hits the flint one last time over his sword to cause a spark and the bonfire lights.
Vlad: Let there be fire!!
(OOC:) Kalin shrieks in a distinctly non-masculine manner as a drop of burning wine hits the end of his tail and lights it on fire. He runs in undignified circles, panicking as as he tries to douse the flame.

Rock-Scar

AKA Squeaky
Dec 14, 2013
R'lyeh's waiting room
Personal Text
*wilhelm scream*
((Scarrn's spirits are lifted by Friar Ben's words and wipes away his tears...

"Too true, mah friend. Thank ye, laddie."

..the old badger then pulls out another bottle of wine from under his cloak. ;P ))

Apr 2, 2008
NC
((Scarrn's spirits are lifted by Friar Ben's words and wipes away his tears...

"Too true, mah friend. Thank ye, laddie."

..the old badger then pulls out another bottle of wine from under his cloak. ;P ))
((Though ya may like that lad, I wonder if our storyteller has drunk himself under the table.... if not the inn by now!))

Jaga

Jan 12, 2017
Nashville Ar
Walking threw the door towering seven foot a massive white tiger wearing black pants no shirt a massive two handed sword on his back looking around the room finds a table far in the back walks over and sits down not saying a word.

16kindelbergerry

Galactic Traveller
May 16, 2016
Personal Text
TBD
Walking threw the door towering seven foot a massive white tiger wearing black pants no shirt a massive two handed sword on his back looking around the room finds a table far in the back walks over and sits down not saying a word.
((Bit late to the party, mate. The inn's burning down and we're currently sneaking through the woods trying to avoid any... Imperial entanglements, shall we say.))

Last edited:

Darth Dies

The Guardian
Feb 25, 2016
Unknown
((Where is BadxAsh?....the coming soon msg was a dissapointement. Our cast is just stuck in time and we now have a new member...))
[doublepost=1486675717,1484487155][/doublepost](("Scarrn!" Yelled Vlad as he slapped the drunk badger to wake up. He moved to the friar who is holding Hazel to keep her warm
"....I'll let them sleep a few more minutes.."

Saying this he moved to Wren,picks her up and shakes her
"Wake uup!"
He drops her down and moves to Kalin,he grabs his gun and pokes his head with it. After Kalin started to wake up Vlad points the gun at him.
"Pssst...Kalin...pssst!"))