The Inn of the Lost Heroes just outside the city of Joomla (Wild Kingdoms RP)(Open)

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

BadXAsh

Social Whore...er I mean Butterfly
May 29, 2008
Kalispell, MT
Personal Text
You're no bunny til some bunny loves you.
On the road to the capitol city of Joomla there sits an inn called 'The Inn of the Lost Heroes'. Autumn has spread across the land like a colorful blanket. Brilliant shades of oranges, reds, and yellows make the landscape breath taking with the capitol city in the background making it a favorite spot for artisans to come and try and capture it's beauty.

The Inn was built on the site of the great northern battle that took place during the great war of the last age. When the Lion and Tiger kingdoms tried to conquer Joomla and the heroes that raised an army to stop them. The end of the war saw the Immortal Wizard Emperor who now rules over Joomla and the surrounding lands come to power.

A forest grows here now on the site of the northern battle. Where the Laohu school of monks stood fast against over whelming odds to defend the refugees from the surrounding lands displaced by the approaching armies, that had come seeking there protection. Some say the forest trees each were a soldier's soul who had died in that battle. It is a very spiritual place...

Inside the Inn on this given evening as the orange sunlight filters through the large windows in the front, the owner Castile an Ox who's adventuring days had long past was starting a fire in the large hearth in the back of the common room. His daughter a young buxom bovine named Hazel was wiping down the tables ready for the evening crowd.

"Make sure you get all the grime off the table tonight love... I have a feeling there is going to be a big crowd." Castile said to his daughter.

"Of course father!" She said with a giggle. "I do every night! And each night is slower then the last!"

"I know... but tonight I have a feeling!" He said as he stood up. "Make sure to get the stew rea..."

The door opened at that moment and a robed figure walked into the Inn. The frame was large but was hunched over. The figure was leaning on a staff that was made from twisted wood with a polished shine to it. A flash of orange and black on the tip of a tail that peeked out from the bottom of his cloak gave the impression that this figure was of tiger decent.

The figure hobbled across the room and sat down in a chair next to the fire place with a long gasp.

"Oh that's the fix for weary bones..." The old voice said as he reached up and pulled back his hood. It was indeed an old tiger with long white hair and wrinkles that one would think he's 100 years old. He leaned back sighed as he put his feet out by the fire and stretched his toes. "Ooooh that is so good." He cracked his green eyes open and looked at Hazel and said. "Be a good dear and fetch me some ale."

She smiled and nodded. "At once sir..." And she moved to fetch him some.

"Travelin' to Joomla old one?" Castile asked moving to help the old tiger put his cane in the corner.

The tiger looked at him and shook his head. "Nah... I'm not allowed there... Trouble Causer..." He winks at the ox.

Hazel returned with his ale flagon and hands it to him.

He received it and smiled giving her a gold. "There ya go youngin' don't tell yer poppa I tipped so well... He'll come to expect it!"

The Ox and his daughter laughed.

"No no... I've come to watch the fun that will be taking place tonight..." The tiger said after taking a long draw off his drink.

"Fun?" Castile asked "What fun might that be?"

The tiger looked into the fire. "Oh... you'll see..." he chuckled. "You'll see..."

Zoie Falcona

Wild Kingdoms Dungeon Mistress
May 29, 2008
Home
zoiefalcona.deviantart.com
Personal Text
Support ALS research
A figure enters the Inn as she shakes off her hood, exposing herself as a young weasel with nut brown hair that can barely be called shoulder length with some draped over her bandana that covers her forehead. Her dark cloak contrasts with her bright red pants and plain button up shirt. However her "less than generous" curves she could easily be mistaken for a young boy as she barely stands at five foot tall and is flat as a board. As she further pads into the Inn, she taps the toe of her plain leather boots on the floor.

"Geez... " the weasel exclaims roughly, "First one here... ah well.. the bums probably taking their time.... she always hated that about 'em," as she looks about a bit more and shakes her head.

She notices the barkeeper and daughter as well as one other guest before taking a booth seat, kicking a leg up in the seat as she adjusts herself to sit comfortably, yet taking as much space on the bench seat as possible before the young Hazel moves to her booth,"Anything I can get for you, young sir?"

"Give me what the inn is best known for in drink and in food," as the weasel says with a coy smile and a wink of her hazel eyes.

Loke

King of Kings
Sep 27, 2011
Not your business
johanneshewley.deviantart.com
Personal Text
Just believe in me
On a far corner a man seathed his sword and tied it tightly to a belt he later broached around him leaving the sword on his back making a pair with another slightly curved towards the point, an arrogant move for it is well known that a sword in the back can be easely stolen and it's owner killed.

The colossal height for what seemed to be a wolf was unusual and the notoious long vertical scar he carried over his left eye represented a fearsome man combined with his penterating cat eyes and a very toned body made up for the typical tough guy.

After a few moments he took a sip from his wooden mug and passed his hand through the side of his neck. He tied up his long hair making a ponytail revealing the shaved sides of his head after that he passed his hand through his face and sighed.

"I'll take another bottle of Vodka!" he said with a low husky voice that had an slight northern accent on it.

The wolf standed up buckled up two other belts on his hip he closed up to the Ox's daughter and revealed his white fur, he was clothed with a light leather armor with patches of chain mail that onvly covered his abdomen and a partial part of his back.

"Here, thanks for the meal" The wolf said placing a few coins on her hand and smiled softly and walked towards the exit.

Last edited:

BadXAsh

May 29, 2008
Kalispell, MT
Personal Text
Hazel moved to fill the young weasel's order. "Right away! You'll want our special beef chowder! It's so yummy! And fresh buttermilk biscuits! As for the drink we have a fresh honey mead brew that we made from our own bee hives!"

As she moved behind the bar she grabbed a bottle of vodka and put it on the bar top as she received the coins from the very large wolf. "Will you not be staying for the evenings entertainment?" She tucked the coins away under the bar top looking up at him. "We have an old one!" She motions to the old tiger sitting by the fire. His ear flicks in their direction as the only indication that he heard them. "He might tell stories of the last age!" She smiled up at him hopefully.

"Hazel!" Her father said. "Don't pester the customers." He made a face at her and she nodded.

"Yes father..." he moved into the kitchen to get the weasel's order filled. Bringing it out in a few minutes and carrying it over to her.

"Forgive her youthful excitement m'lord... She loves the stories of the ages past." The ox said to the Wolf.

The old tiger chuckled. "Where are you off to wolfy? Best not travel tonight... A storm is a brewin'..." Still looking at the fire.

The Ox looked out the window. "What are you talking about old one? there's not a cloud in the sky."

The tiger chuckled again. "You'll see... soon enough..."

Rock-Scar

The Sentient Sediment
Dec 14, 2013
R'lyeh's waiting room
Personal Text
*wilhelm scream*
As the giant wolf makes his way towards the exit, the entrance door suddenly opens and stocky figure clad in a forest-green cloak enters the inn.

*huff, huff* Golddarn kid... *huff* always sprintin' ahead...*

The new visitor accidentally bumps into the armor-clad lupis which causes his hood to fall back, revealing a badger with shaggy black & grey fur and a snaggletooth protruding from his lower lip. Judging by the full white beard with black streaks and wrinkles around his eyes, he appears to be in his late forties. Small burns and scars are scattered across his visage, complemented by his bright orange eyes. He is not as tall as the towering wolf in front of him, but the burly badger makes up for it with his stocky figure, burly arms and tree-stump like legs that end with sharp claws. As his cloak settles, what appears to be a dirt covered clawed-gauntlet can be seen adorned on one of his arms.

As the two meet eye to eye, the silence along with badger's menacing appearance is suddenly broken by his loud booming laughter and embarrassed grin.

"Hahaha! A thousand-and-one apologies, laddie! Didn't see ya there! Gotta get these old peepers checked!"

The badger then notices the fetching young bovine who must work at the inn. He proceeds to greet her with a big smile and a bows.

"Oi, my dear! This fella's drink on me! By the way, ye haven't seen a little weasel enter here, have ya? About about yeigh high? Wears a bandanna? Probably flirted with ya?"

Last edited:

Loke

King of Kings
Sep 27, 2011
Not your business
Personal Text
Just believe in me
The wolf didnt show any emotion to the young bovine and merely nodded at the Ox as he continued his way towards the exit.

"Where are you off wolfy? Best not travel tonight... A storm is a brewin'..."

The wolf stopped and glanced at the old tiger. The wolf frowned and examined the elder for a few seconds before replying
"None of your busi..."
Suddenly a good old badged slammed into the wolf's abs
The colossal mercenary laughed loudly and sighed
"I was leaving already old man! Thought you had fallen asleep on the way or trying to hit on some beautiful woman you've found on your way here"
The colossus followed the old badger and shaked his head as he began asking for their good old comrade.
"Give up Scarrn, he's nowhere to be found why would that weasel do so close to Joomla?"

Zoie Falcona

May 29, 2008
Home
Personal Text
Support ALS research
The weasel smirks and chimes out at the older ox, "She isn't a pest! She's doin' a damn good job of sellin' a good sounding meal!!".

Wren can only smile to herself as she breathes in the scents coming from the kitchen, tracing her finger along one of the name carvings on the side of the wall as she recognizes the scrawl and quietly whispers in her native Riyadh tongue a small blessing,"qad alalihat tarshiduk 'iilaa hisabik fi baqiat sadiqi (May the gods guide you to your rest, my friend).

She then hears two familiar voices and especially their comments and chimes after with a rather sarcastic tone, not moving one ounce from the booth, "Don't even bother buying his drinks, Squeaky! Remember that lil drinkin' contest he pulled on us up north at the Lonely Falcon? Let alone HER reaction when she got the bill from the Inn for the drinks... the damages.... the medical bills... and the bail"

She swivels her ears as she takes in the sights and sounds as she keeps herself ready for Scarrn or Loke to ambush her as she puts one hand in her sleeve as she chimes out normally,"Besides, Harvest and Tila has me runnin' errands down here for supplies.... for my education they say... but the bunny I was supposed to meet don't even work bankers hours so gotta wait till the morning to meet em!"

Last edited:

Rock-Scar

The Sentient Sediment
Dec 14, 2013
R'lyeh's waiting room
Personal Text
*wilhelm scream*
"I was leaving already old man! Thought you had fallen asleep on the way or trying to hit on some beautiful woman you've found on your way here!"

Scarrn then replies to his pal with a wink "HA! Both, actually. One more successful than the other."

And when Scarrn hears Wren's voice, the old badger gives Loke a sideways glance and playful smack upside his head while sarcastically saying "Nowhere to be found, eh? Why would he be so close to Joomla, eh?"

As Wren predicted, Scarrn runs over gives the weasel a big badger hug.

"How ya doin' kiddo! Errand jobs, eh? I guess the boss needs ta keep ya out of trouble somehow, hehe! And don't get me started 'bout the Lonely Falcon! Haha! Whatta night! At least most of the walls were still standin' and that furniture needed to be replaced anyway. Bloody fire hazard that place wa--

Scarrn then notices the Ox & old Tiger listening to the conversation, causing Scarrn to blush and hastily adopts a more respectful tone befitting his age.

"...we felt really bad about it. Quite the place ya got here! Name's Squeaky-- er, I mean, Scarrn! *sniff* oi, is that beef stew I smell?"

Last edited:

Loke

King of Kings
Sep 27, 2011
Not your business
Personal Text
Just believe in me
Loke's stoic visage slightly broke as Wren mentioned his former boss turning into an annoyed an almost angry expression yet he took a deep breath and crossed his arms doing his best to keep calm.
"It's good to see you again Wren, I didn't expect you to be under Tila's orders anymore"
The wolf then heard Scarrn presenting himself
"You never change old man, you never change"

Zoie Falcona

May 29, 2008
Home
Personal Text
Support ALS research
Wren closes her eyes and exhales as she hears Loke's frozen words and weighs her own before she responds,"Nor do you, Loke. It is good to see you again as well. Besides, as far as that goes.. learning to become a chef n then some is far better than what I was in Riyadh... I owe her that much... " as her eyes grow much more distant and sad for a moment as she is reminded of how both of them were critical of how cold she once was before her eyes snap back into reality.

"Sit down and relax for a while, bet you both have a few tales to tell of your own since I last saw the lot of you at an arms tourney... congrats by the way Loke on winnin'! Third place isn't bad either Scarrn" as she grins at the pair.

She lightly glances towards the door of the kitchen during the conversation, awaiting in anticipation the well promoted food to come, though she knows good things come to those who wait, though her stomach lets the pair know its impatience as well.

Rock-Scar

The Sentient Sediment
Dec 14, 2013
R'lyeh's waiting room
Personal Text
*wilhelm scream*
Scarrn smiles as he accepts the little mustela's invitation. Sensing Wren & Loke's troubled spirits, Scarrn attempts to use humor to keep everyone's spirits high.

"Haha! Third place arm wrestling champ and proud! *flexes his arms* I coulda won, too! But gotta keep the arms strong for more important things... like liftin' mugs o' ale! Ok, ok, I admit it: Loke was pretty darn unstoppable if I say so myself! But don't get cocky, wolfy! If I didn't skip the eats and had one of Wren's homemade suppers in mah belly that day, nuthin' would have stopped me!"

Scarrn then reclines back with his arms behind his head and sighs.

"As fer stories, we may have a tale or two... but I don't know. The folks 'round here may not want us to start ramblin' on about quests an' such."

Scarrn’s voice becomes mischievous...

“Besides, ol’ Loke told me he's getting ready to go! Wouldn’t feel right just to tell my side of the story without him around, I might get some facts wrong. Shame too... dem biscuits smell daaaaaaang good! Guess me, Wren & my fellow elder over there are gonna need to eat all dat grub by ourselves” Scarrn then opens one eye at Loke with a smirk, encouraging the stoic warrior to stick around.

Last edited:

Darth Dies

The Guardian
Feb 25, 2016
Unknown
On the road to the capitol city of Joomla there sits an inn called 'The Inn of the Lost Heroes'. Autumn has spread across the land like a colorful blanket. Brilliant shades of oranges, reds, and yellows make the landscape breath taking with the capitol city in the background making it a favorite spot for artisans to come and try and capture it's beauty.

The Inn was built on the site of the great northern battle that took place during the great war of the last age. When the Lion and Tiger kingdoms tried to conquer Joomla and the heroes that raised an army to stop them. The end of the war saw the Immortal Wizard Emperor who now rules over Joomla and the surrounding lands come to power.

A forest grows here now on the site of the northern battle. Where the Laohu school of monks stood fast against over whelming odds to defend the refugees from the surrounding lands displaced by the approaching armies, that had come seeking there protection. Some say the forest trees each were a soldier's soul who had died in that battle. It is a very spiritual place...

Inside the Inn on this given evening as the orange sunlight filters through the large windows in the front, the owner Castile an Ox who's adventuring days had long past was starting a fire in the large hearth in the back of the common room. His daughter a young buxom bovine named Hazel was wiping down the tables ready for the evening crowd.

"Make sure you get all the grime off the table tonight love... I have a feeling there is going to be a big crowd." Castile said to his daughter.

"Of course father!" She said with a giggle. "I do every night! And each night is slower then the last!"

"I know... but tonight I have a feeling!" He said as he stood up. "Make sure to get the stew rea..."

The door opened at that moment and a robed figure walked into the Inn. The frame was large but was hunched over. The figure was leaning on a staff that was made from twisted wood with a polished shine to it. A flash of orange and black on the tip of a tail that peeked out from the bottom of his cloak gave the impression that this figure was of tiger decent.

The figure hobbled across the room and sat down in a chair next to the fire place with a long gasp.

"Oh that's the fix for weary bones..." The old voice said as he reached up and pulled back his hood. It was indeed an old tiger with long white hair and wrinkles that one would think he's 100 years old. He leaned back sighed as he put his feet out by the fire and stretched his toes. "Ooooh that is so good." He cracked his green eyes open and looked at Hazel and said. "Be a good dear and fetch me some ale."

"Travelin' to Joomla old one?" Castile asked moving to help the old tiger put his cane in the corner.

The tiger looked at him and shook his head. "Nah... I'm not allowed there... Trouble Causer..." He winks at the ox.

He received it and smiled giving her a gold. "There ya go youngin' don't tell yer poppa I tipped so well... He'll come to expect it!"

"No no... I've come to watch the fun that will be taking place tonight..." The tiger said after taking a long draw off his drink.

The tiger looked into the fire. "Oh... you'll see..." he chuckled. "You'll see..."
The door of the Inn opens as a tall and strong figure enters. By his armor It is clear he's from a Viking descent. He grabs the two horns on his helmet and takes the helmet off revealing a light grey and white wolf with three scars on his eye under it. "Hmmm.....this place looks desent enough..." he walks to the counter ready to take his order as he puts the helmet on the edge of the counter.

Loke

King of Kings
Sep 27, 2011
Not your business
Personal Text
Just believe in me
The wolf took a deep breath and exhaled softly as he took a chair and replied
"Hmm... Might as well enjoy some good old company" Loke said as he sat down, once again the chair crunched as the wolf rested on it.

Loke adjusted his mail pauldrons and stretched up right before another wolf entered into the inn, the white wolf placed his eyes over the Viking
"It's been how long, four years? What have you two done in all this time? Gotta say Wren I didn't recognize you with that long hair, it suits you." He said trying to avoid talking about Tila or the guild itself
"About my side of the story... Scarrn found me while I was trying to lift a curse of certain town not far from here, you know basic thing, some ruins where close to it and villagers started hearing strange noises they needed someone to go and investigate. At first I expected a Howler, Leshen maybe even some sort of earth elementa gone mad... Never expected to find Scarrn trying to get into a tomb, old man couldn't wait for his time to come huh?" Loke laughed as he poked Scarrn with his elbow

Last edited:

Zoie Falcona

May 29, 2008
Home
Personal Text
Support ALS research
Wren listens to his story with interest and a smile but blinks and light brushes her hair that isn't even shoulder length even minutes after he mentioned it, "You call this long, Loke? Feh! Please... if I grew it out longer they'd really think I would be a girl... though a few particular somebodies would love my hair down to my ass so they can dress me up" as the weasel rolls her eyes, "I still remember being shoved into that dress that new years..."

"Well anyways, I just do various jobs and get trained while I'm at the Inn.... besides... I still have that compass somewhere if sometimes ya wanted to do a lil raiding.. gotta find it in my broom closet of a room.... though I did have some travel to the Isles up north and... back towards Alexandria and Riyadh basically watching a few people as they done their business..." as the weasel exhales and looks towards the kitchen.

Wren takes notice of the elder tiger sitting on the other side of the room as she tilts her head curiously, catching a glimpse of his eyes n looks away for a bit before looking back, inwardly thinking to herself.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2008
NC
An older lop enters the Inn. His chocolate fur blends in with his dark brown sackcloth hood and robe. As he removes his hood upon entering, his light green eyes and completely bald head are his most striking features as the robe covers his rotund form. His long ears are pulled back and tied loosely together. His beard is thick n chest length with small streaks of white in it.

The friar bellows out,"Castille my old friend! I pray the dragon gods find you n yours well and blesed this eve!"

Last edited:

Darth Dies

The Guardian
Feb 25, 2016
Unknown
The viking been semi-starteled looks back to see who shouted. As he looks at the mysterious figure his mind cannot decide wether he's a mage or another Dragon priest.
"Tone it down old one! Some of us enjoy the peace!"

BadXAsh

May 29, 2008
Kalispell, MT
Personal Text
Hazel bursts forth from the kitchen with a tray of food for the weasel and drinks in her other hand. She moves through the room that was starting to fill up. Locals started to enter the inn as well. Farmers, a caravan and a few other random travelers were now in the common room of the inn. Rain had indeed started to fall outside as the sky grew dark with both clouds filling it and the setting sun. The folks brushed off their cloaks and flicked the rain off their hoods. Castile the Ox moved behind the bar and started filling drink orders.

Hazel set the food before the weasel and looked around at her friends that had joined her. "Food for the lot of you?" She asked with a smile.

The hum of the room started to buzz with conversations filling the air. The door to the inn opened and catching in the wind that was picking up slammed it against the wall rather loudly bringing all conversation to a halt. Three cloaked figures stood in the door away and a flash of lighting accented their silhouettes. They moved in and one wrestled with closing the door behind them. When the figure finally managed to get the door closed they lowered their hoods and revealed a rabbit family; mother, father, and a young girl. They looked at the room looking at them and there was a moment of awkwardness. Then the patrons went back to their conversations and the moment was over.

They moved towards the back of the common room and took a seat in the corner near the fire. The whole time the old tiger by the fire watched them intently, with a slight smile across his old face.

Hazel would work hard to fill everyone's order and then made her way to their table. The rabbit family spoke low ordering some food for themselves. The father's eyes kept watching the door, while the mother dried off the young bunny girl.

The old tiger's eyes shifted to the door again... and a moment later it swung open and slammed against the wall. "By the GODS!" Castile yelled. "Will folks not mind the door..." There was a piercing repeated laugh that was joined by a chorus of shadowy figures that moved into the room. Castile closed his mouth and went back to tending bar averting his eyes, as the large gang of Hyenas moved into the room. They were dressed in the fashion of Joomla's special guard. Scale mail and capes in the color and symbol that once long ago represent the league of free primes... but now was that of the Immoral Wizard Emperor of Joomla. They were bad news and everyone quieted down and sank into the food or drink in front of them. Their presents meant they were on their way to collect someone... or were here for that very same reason.

They spread about the room a total of about ten. They made a strong showing and it was known that if they were here to collect there would surely be more outside. The kept laughing that unnerving laugh until a large one entered the room. A deep set of 4 scars raked across his left eye disappearing under a patch that hit the end result. As soon as he entered they stopped their laughing and positioned themselves around the room. The large one that was clearly in charge looked around slowly and smiled a vicious toothy grin. "My my... it would seem business is... as they say... booming?" He pulled off a set of leather gloves and moved to the bar. "Castile... you are having... good times no?" He leaned against the bar looking at the ox.

"Ho there Bastion... Just folks looking for a port in the storm so to speak..." The large ox seemed unnerved and looking around. "What can I get for you... AND your men?!" he corrected himself quickly and the Hyenas all started to laugh, but quickly stopped with a look of death from Bastion.

"Nothing today... We are here on business... I would hate to think you are harboring an illegal..." He glanced around the room then back to the Ox. "How is that lovely daughter of yours?" He grinned and there were more laughs from the pack.

"She's doin' well m'lord... illegal you say?" He shook his head. "No magic users here sire..." The ox was quick to turn the conversation off his daughter.

"We're lookin' for a family of rabbits trying to flea Joomla..." Anyone listening in who happen to turn their head to look to where the rabbit family was would see they were no longer there, just an empty booth. "The thing is Castile I would hate to burn this place to the ground, and with such a busy night it would be a shame for your clientele who would be trapped inside..." His voice lingered as he spoke and the pack started to laugh again. Their eyes on everyone in the room just daring them to make a move.

"Mi'lord Bastion... ain't no illegals in here..." He held up his hand to any that would make a move. "You may search the place..."

The large Hyena spat. "Peasant I need not your permission... I'll do just that... for your sake i hope for your customers that we don't find anyone here that shouldn't be..." He rose up. "Search this place... We have his permission... So no need for care..." The Pack set to work...

Zoie Falcona

May 29, 2008
Home
Personal Text
Support ALS research
Wren grins as her food and drink got to the table, with both Loke and Scarrn quickly claiming the mead and stew respectively with the troublesome hybrid telling Hazel that Wren was too young and that she should give the weasel "milk" instead which drew a few laughs from those nearby as Wren kicked at Loke's knee under the table but since it was protected, all the wolger would do is smirk at her before he took a very long draw and emptied her mug.

As the hyenas busted through the door and made their scene, the young weasel looks at Loke and can only smirk at his reaction. The young weasel's eyes dared to gleam mischievously and began to give a chilling little whistle of a tune that both Loke and Scarrn should know, almost as if it was an old hymn of prayer with it getting slightly louder as the weasel barely touches the empty mug, causing a very slight amount of frost on it before it quickly turns back to watery condensation. Wren moves to get up and walks by one of the hyenas if they attempt to steal a drink and invokes her spirit and friend, Glacier's power and freeze it solid, the playful spirit willing, before walking up to the chubby friar, "Benjamin ya ol' bastard! How are you?!" as the weasel grins from ear to ear to cover up her misdeed by hugging the friar and being loud enough to direct a few eyes over to her. At most she figures the hyenas might think she is just some pickpocket or thug by her less than plain looks.

"Show some respect you chirping brat," the older rabbit chastises the weasel harshly," I am a friar of the Order of Saint Sana of Acre" the large, bald rabbit looks at Wren with a stern look before both of them burst out laughing and the rabbit hugs her back," It's great to see the dragon gods has kept you safe as well... and with some company!". Wren quickly moves the friar back towards the group, introducing the group to the other as she keeps her fingers light as she is close to another hyena.

Apr 2, 2008
NC
The friar can only laugh as the excitable young weasel drags him to meet her friends,"Greetings gentlemen. I apologize in advance for this little bird brain here. One must dunk this lil rugrat into a bird bath more often to keep this one's nose clean."

"Forgive me for not introducting myself sooner. I am Benjamin, a lowly traveling friar and teacher. Though for some reason my lessons won't stick with a particular someone... but the lad is good hearted so one day I pray my lessons will stick." the rotund friar exclaims,'I see you all are eating so I shall find myself a small place to be and pray my faith shall find me in connection with a meal and a place to sleep in return for prayers, blessings, and some good hard work."

The friar then excuses himself politely as he makes his way towards the proprietor to ask if any chores or work, ignoring the hyenas lest they provoke a man of the cloth.

HonorBoundBrony

Equestrian Knight In-Training
Sep 18, 2012

With the doors of the inn opening wide, a tall, heavy-set, muscular stallion walks inside. From the appearance of his sturdy plate armor, as well as his shield, sword and war hammer, all of which seem to shimmer very brightly, as if made with crystal, one might think of him as a paladin.

"So this is the local inn? Certainly seems like a nice enough place."

Taking a seat at a table at the far side of the room, I gesture for Hazel to place an order and look around the room while waiting for her to make her way over. However, noticing the increasing activity, and abnormally large wolf, towards her side of the room, I start moving closer to the group in curiosity and interest.

Last edited:

Darth Dies

The Guardian
Feb 25, 2016
Unknown
Hazel bursts forth from the kitchen with a tray of food for the weasel and drinks in her other hand. She moves through the room that was starting to fill up. Locals started to enter the inn as well. Farmers, a caravan and a few other random travelers were now in the common room of the inn. Rain had indeed started to fall outside as the sky grew dark with both clouds filling it and the setting sun. The folks brushed off their cloaks and flicked the rain off their hoods. Castile the Ox moved behind the bar and started filling drink orders.

Hazel set the food before the weasel and looked around at her friends that had joined her. "Food for the lot of you?" She asked with a smile.

The hum of the room started to buzz with conversations filling the air. The door to the inn opened and catching in the wind that was picking up slammed it against the wall rather loudly bringing all conversation to a halt. Three cloaked figures stood in the door away and a flash of lighting accented their silhouettes. They moved in and one wrestled with closing the door behind them. When the figure finally managed to get the door closed they lowered their hoods and revealed a rabbit family; mother, father, and a young girl. They looked at the room looking at them and there was a moment of awkwardness. Then the patrons went back to their conversations and the moment was over.

They moved towards the back of the common room and took a seat in the corner near the fire. The whole time the old tiger by the fire watched them intently, with a slight smile across his old face.

Hazel would work hard to fill everyone's order and then made her way to their table. The rabbit family spoke low ordering some food for themselves. The father's eyes kept watching the door, while the mother dried off the young bunny girl.

The old tiger's eyes shifted to the door again... and a moment later it swung open and slammed against the wall. "By the GODS!" Castile yelled. "Will folks not mind the door..." There was a piercing repeated laugh that was joined by a chorus of shadowy figures that moved into the room. Castile closed his mouth and went back to tending bar averting his eyes, as the large gang of Hyenas moved into the room. They were dressed in the fashion of Joomla's special guard. Scale mail and capes in the color and symbol that once long ago represent the league of free primes... but now was that of the Immoral Wizard Emperor of Joomla. They were bad news and everyone quieted down and sank into the food or drink in front of them. Their presents meant they were on their way to collect someone... or were here for that very same reason.

They spread about the room a total of about ten. They made a strong showing and it was known that if they were here to collect there would surely be more outside. The kept laughing that unnerving laugh until a large one entered the room. A deep set of 4 scars raked across his left eye disappearing under a patch that hit the end result. As soon as he entered they stopped their laughing and positioned themselves around the room. The large one that was clearly in charge looked around slowly and smiled a vicious toothy grin. "My my... it would seem business is... as they say... booming?" He pulled off a set of leather gloves and moved to the bar. "Castile... you are having... good times no?" He leaned against the bar looking at the ox.

"Ho there Bastion... Just folks looking for a port in the storm so to speak..." The large ox seemed unnerved and looking around. "What can I get for you... AND your men?!" he corrected himself quickly and the Hyenas all started to laugh, but quickly stopped with a look of death from Bastion.

"Nothing today... We are here on business... I would hate to think you are harboring an illegal..." He glanced around the room then back to the Ox. "How is that lovely daughter of yours?" He grinned and there were more laughs from the pack.

"She's doin' well m'lord... illegal you say?" He shook his head. "No magic users here sire..." The ox was quick to turn the conversation off his daughter.

"We're lookin' for a family of rabbits trying to flea Joomla..." Anyone listening in who happen to turn their head to look to where the rabbit family was would see they were no longer there, just an empty booth. "The thing is Castile I would hate to burn this place to the ground, and with such a busy night it would be a shame for your clientele who would be trapped inside..." His voice lingered as he spoke and the pack started to laugh again. Their eyes on everyone in the room just daring them to make a move.

"Mi'lord Bastion... ain't no illegals in here..." He held up his hand to any that would make a move. "You may search the place..."

The large Hyena spat. "Peasant I need not your permission... I'll do just that... for your sake i hope for your customers that we don't find anyone here that shouldn't be..." He rose up. "Search this place... We have his permission... So no need for care..." The Pack set to work...
Being very close to the convorsation the wolf looks at the ox looking at him like a guardian looking at his king.

"Worry not,m'lord.....if anything should happen I will cut them down before any even have chance to see me"

The wolf returns to his ale and watches over Hazel having heard how the hyena is interested in her.
[doublepost=1456819365,1456817668][/doublepost]
"Might want to tone it down yourself pal, elderly must be respected I thought Vikings knew that well..."
Said Loke without even glancing at the gray and white wolf
Hearing that wolf gets up and walks towards Loke sitting next to him.
"And what do you know about honor and respect? Unless you were someone in the past?"

Rock-Scar

The Sentient Sediment
Dec 14, 2013
R'lyeh's waiting room
Personal Text
*wilhelm scream*
Scarrn's normally jolly expression becomes stoic when the hyena's make their unwelcome entrance, and tries to keep his emotions in check when he hears their leader's thinly-veiled threats to Castile. Scarrn then notices the family of rabbits have gone missing from their booth. He had a feeling those rabbits where running from something. Scarrn keeps his gauntlet covered arm on the table, while keeping the other arm and chest covered by his cloak... and for some reason takes special care not to get too close to the fireplace.

As the hyenas start their search, Scarrn sees Loke tapping his fingers against the table and is reminded of a rattlesnake warning its attacker to keep its distance. Scarrn then sees Wren's trademark smirk and hears her familiar whistle... and a welcome breeze in the air. Good ol' Wren, always up to somethin'. Scarn's ears then perk up when she leads what appears to be a friar to the table. After hearing his introduction, Scarrn's seems to return to his old self and a smile returns to his face. The badger raises his mug with a smile "Heh, I like yer friend's style, "rugrat"! Pleased to make yer acquaintance, Ben! Name's Scarrn Groggin! The runt you see next to me is Loke. Any friend of Wren here is a friend 'o us, padre!"

While Benjamin makes his way to the barkeep, a equine new resident enters the inn and Loke's new friend watches the kitchen, Scarrn studies this Bastion fella. He is clearly the most dangerous and skilled of his pack. If he stays on the search, those rabbits are gonna be found in no time. But he also he seems to view himself as a higher class then his... less than dignified men. He's got an ego... maybe that can be exploited. If Scarrn draw his attention away from the search, it may buy the rabbits more time to secure their hiding spots (and give the others a chance to position themselves). As the lead hyena walks within earshot buy Scarrn gags on his ale says:

*cough cough* "Well shave mah hide and call me a mole rat... Would that be the Crest of the Emperor? No wonder this whole place went as quiet as mah granmammy's crypt! And here I was thinkin' it was the Knights of Daye! I gotta say, its not every day ya find yerself in the presence of such royal prestige. Milord, you do us a great service protectin' us from them mage criminals! What did this brand of warlocks are we dealin' with here? Seeing that you brought all these men, I recon they must be some kinda fang-mawed dark-spawn born from the abyss itself! *hopefully this inaccurate description draws laughter from the hyenas in the room*

Last edited:

BadXAsh

May 29, 2008
Kalispell, MT
Personal Text
As Wren predicted a Hyena snatched her drink from her as they set to toss the place. "Gimme that ya runt!" is what she heard as the ugly looking Hyena tipped back the mug and was met with a solid cylinder of ice that was built up from the condensation. Smacking him right in the nose. He yipped and several of the Hyenas around him started laughing at his misfortune. On her way back through with the Friar, amid the confusion she is easily able to lift a belt pouch off of one of the Hyenas.

They move around the inn. Two Hyenas head up the stairs, two move into the kitchen, Two open the fruit cellar stairs and head down, leaving 4 remaining Hyenas and their leader in the common room. Two move behind the bar and two move about the room knocking back hoods of cloaks if they remain up and checking under tables. The leader remains by the bar front watching the room looking rather bored.

When the Friar moved to the bar to ask if Castile had any work the Ox simply shook his head. "'fraide not my good sir... My daughter helps with everything I need..." Castile looked up as someone new came into the inn. He used the moment when all the Hyenas and other folk looked to the strapping Paladin walked in to look back at the Friar and with his eyes motioned them towards the open fruit cellar door. "Yeah my daughter... always helping folks orders get filled."

As the Paladin walks across the room the Hyenas that were tossing the place went back to their business of searching the room. However Bastion the leader kept his one good eye on the Paladin and watched as he signaled for the young bovine tenderss who was surprisingly absent. Bastion narrowed his eye and looked around quickly scanning the room, the Viking wolf would not spot her either.

Bastion was about to comment on her being absent when he was interrupted by the badger set his distraction in motion.

*cough cough* "Well shave mah hide and call me a mole rat... Would that be the Crest of the Emperor? No wonder this whole place went as quiet as mah granmammy's crypt! And here I was thinkin' it was the Knights of Daye! I gotta say, its not every day ya find yerself in the presence of such royal prestige. Milord, you do us a great service protectin' us from them mage criminals! What did this brand of warlocks are we dealin' with here? Seeing that you brought all these men, I recon they must be some kinda fang-mawed dark-spawn born from the abyss itself! *hopefully this inaccurate description draws laughter from the hyenas in the room*
The comment did indeed draw laughter from the other hyenas, but Bastion did not find it amusing. "Aye you... it is the Emperor's Crest." he narrowed his eyes looking at him and those at his table. This lot was going to be trouble he could tell already. "And it's best if you just continue to enjoy your... what is that? Food? and Beverages....Then your evening will go swimmingly." He drew his gloves on. "Have you ever been to Joomla... We have a lovely scorpion pit..." He grinned savagely. "All my lord's enemies pray they end there... The lucky ones actually make it there..." It was clear this Hyena was indeed confident and it is widely known the Emperor has spared no expense to have his special guard well trained and well armed. A direct confrontation would be met with a swift death and Bastion knew it.