1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Leon, Simon, and Meijer are back! False Start returns as the first comic of the upcoming Katbox After Dark! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Uber Quest is printing volume II. Help support the kickstarter and get some heckin' swag here!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!
    Dismiss Notice

Anthronauts The Anthronauts Radio Project

Discussion in 'Sort Me!' started by James StarRunner, Apr 10, 2011.

1. logansryche

logansryche Katbox Forum Member

Well I posted what the latest news were. I guess it's a waiting game then.

2. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Katbox Forum Member

Still trying to get Bob done, I'm just not sure I've found his voice yet. I feel like I get it once but then I can't do this again.

3. logansryche

Its cool, I'm just waiting for this new guy I found on the VAA to send me his lines. After that, it'll only be a manner of a day(maybe 2) to get it all done and released.

4. James StarRunner

James StarRunner Master Goofball

Home Page:
    I was just on holidays. Went to visit family all over, but now I'm glad to be back. Wife got 3rd degree sunburn and I've been taken care of her a lot. She's also now on the laptop a bunch since she can't do all that much right now, but a friend of mine is going to give me his old desktop so I have something to use and can resume my projects (including this one).

If that VA doesn't pan out, I can try Boris. I've had an e-mail of apology since with our original Boris potential. Justin was pretty broken up about it, but he can't continue.

5. logansryche

I can relate to the sunburn but yeah, stuff like this ya gotta take the bad with the good.
    If someone can't do a role, put someone there that can.

6. logansryche

I'm proud to announce that the first episode has been written, recorded and produced.
    I send it to James to see what he though before being posted here. Sit tight folks, it's worth the wait.

7. Beelzebub

:happySnowman: <MFW I hear this news
    :crySnowman: <MFW I had the perfect bob voice but I can't make it again.

8. James StarRunner

Home Page:
    There's a lot of great work! I'd like to make a few changes before it's posted though. Hold tight, it's going to be epic when it's done.

9. logansryche

*yawns* Ok folks, here's the first episode finally done.
    James had his RL stuff and I had mine, but here it is in all its glory ^.^
    Probly won't script ep2 till next week sometime.

http://www.thebitcardstore.com/ep1.rar

10. Paradoxfox

Paradoxfox Katbox Forum Member

Home Page:
    Aww, no Youtube or something?

11. Nixie

Nixie Seal of Approval Staff Member Katbox Comic Artist

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Ort ort ort
    Wheeeeee, episode 1!!!

... The white noise for the ship is pretty loud though, it makes the voices hard to hear... There are a few spots where more narration would be helpful... but whatever! Cheng's voice actor did a fantastic job.

12. Beelzebub

AWESOME! Though Rexley does sound like a cyborg...

so...what parts are still needed for episode 2?

13. James StarRunner

Home Page:
    That can be easily remedied. :3
    I'm not sure we specified yet what the second episode would be...

14. logansryche

No, but the rar file is hosted on my website(figure'd I'd put unlimited bandwidth to good use).

Yup, she's a friend of mine several projects ago on the VAA boards. There were parts that indeed needed to be done but other things got in the way.

I was picturing Gene from Outlaw Star to fit this role, but what I was gaven worked just as good.
    Ep2 script hasn't been written yet. Might get to it this next weekend.

15. Beelzebub

Got a few more auditions here for yous guys
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AQ694BDO

16. Zeikier

Zeikier New Member

Home Page:
    This came out alright. Although I have a few criticisms for it:

Some of the musical interludes were overly indulgent and took away from the immersion. The biggest offender was the Xenophobe chase sequence. I think more material to read through in situations like this (narrator describing parts of the events, like what's happening since we can only hear things, characters having more to say, shortening the music more or finding more fitting tunes, etc.) would be needed so the pace doesn't grind to a halt while we wait for the music to stop.

A minor gripe about Boris' voice actor. During the scene where he's lamenting Rexley eating and drinking everything, he is supposed to be in the middle of hulking out when he gets to the "You..." line and is scraping Rexley's door. Having some kind of growl or strain on your voice would deliver that much better for the audience. As it is now, I never would have thought Boris was holding anything back until he suddenly reminds himself that he was apparently freaking out even though he sounded pretty calm.

Otherwise, it wasn't too bad. Besides tightening up gaps between action with additional writing (another scene that dragged out and lacked a tangible direction was the crash-landing on the Xenophobe planet; again, some small bit of narration could help paint that picture), and understanding the context of some lines, it wasn't bad.

17. logansryche

Second episode will defiantly have more narration as we attempt to iron things out and set our pace.
    I could list everything I know went wrong, but I'm not whining. I'm just happy we got it out. >.<

18. Agen

Agen New Member

A second episode?, I haven't even heard the first one. probably due to the file/page/site or something not being found:

Not Found

The requested URL /ep1.rar was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

19. logansryche

ok just as a small update, episode 2 has been written and send to James for a final look so expect it soon. I'm not sure how often an episode should be done so I'd love to hear feedback about that.
    Also word is slowly getting around the VAA so hopefully get more people involved with this.

20. logansryche

wow this is still here? and still a sticky I see. Ok wow, alot of stuff has happened since the last post.
    On that note, I will be personally overseeing the revival of this radio play.
    I'll be handling all voice talent and mixing and script writing and see if I can't get these episodes done on a weekly basis.
    When my host is done updating their servers I'll be posting what ep1 was or to a media hosting site.

-Logan

EDIT: Posted Ep1 on Tindeck, and will post future episodes on there instead of youtube or the like.
    [​IMG]

21. Agen

Agen New Member

Have a link?

22. logansryche

click the box with the speaker.
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 4, 2014, Original Post Date: Sep 6, 2012 ---
    I was lying in bed at 6am this morning thinking about this project and decided to come here. Is there still interest in this? If so, I'd like to revive it since it kinds fell off the face of the Earth(might have to do a ep1 redo, not sure).
    --- Double Post Merged, Aug 13, 2017 ---
    So I see this series has ended, pity. Anyone have clips from the origional run of the comic?