Event The 2014 Las Lindas Ultimate Character Battle Royale

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
Unofficial-Banner.gif

:furyAlej: :furyAmbar: :furyDavin: :furyMiles: :furyJoy: :furyAngel:
That’s right KatBox Forumites! The 2014 Las Lindas Ultimate Character Battle Royale is coming once again to rock your world! And don’t worry folks; we’ve changed it up with pure awesomeness as outlined in the following rules!!!

Rule #1:
The categories for the 2014 Las Lindas Ultimate Character Battle Royale shall consist of the following:

Sex-Appeal.jpg
Personality-Example.jpg
Design-Example.jpg
Please note that these are not the official banners. Unique banners consisting of the actual participants in each battle will be made with accompanying battle taunts.

Rule #2:
To ensure that there is no domination among the sexes, we’re separating the sexes. That’s right…It’s going to be woman-on-woman and man-on-man action!!!

:pointsSnowman:
:pointsAnn::pointsAngel: :pointsTiare: :pointsToby: :pointsDavin:
:squintSnowman: That...that did not come out right in any sense of the word.
:happySnowman: But at least the guys have a chance this year.
:gleeDavin: :gleeToby:

Rule #3:
Updates will occur every Tuesday and Friday…NO EXCEPTIONS MADE!!! Even if I’m not here due to vacation or anything major, I’ll find someone to update the post.

Seeing as there are fewer men in the tournament pool, I’ll update the women battles twice until it evens out to the men. Once the women catch up, the updates will consist of one woman battle and one man battle.

Rule #4:
Vote and have fun! Also, don’t forget to explain why you voted the way you voted. Who knows; some of our contestants might actually respond.

And don’t think we’ve forgotten about the prizes. Prizes you say? That’s right! There are two categories of prizes this year.

Prize Category #1 will be awarded to individual forumites pending creation. During each round, we’ll be keeping an eye out for those that receive likes. The forumite with the most likes received before we update will receive one point. At the end of the 2014 Las Lindas Ultimate Character Battle Royale, we’ll tally them up for each of the six categories. The winner in each category will receive a super secret special prize.

Number of Prizes in Prize Category #1: 6

Prize Category #2 will be awarded at the end of the 2014 Las Lindas Ultimate Character Battle Royale whenever the winners for each category have been determined.

Number of Prizes in Prize Category #2: 3

THE 2014 LAS LINDAS ULTIMATE CHARACTER BATTLE Royale!!!
STARTS JULY 1ST, 2014!!!

Unofficial-Banner.gif

:heartNina: :heartAngel: :heartAnn: Women's Tournament :heartAmbar: :heartAlej: :heartJin:
Sex Appeal
Personality
Design
:heartToby: :heartDavin: :heartDrake: Men's Tournament :heartRandal: :heartKayin: :heartMinos:
Sex Appeal
Personality
Design

mobiusscarf

Katbox Forum Member
Nov 14, 2013
Once the women and men brackets are complete, will it be the top woman versus the top man in each category to determine the ultimate champion?

EDIT: And just so you know, even if you move the women's brackets at double-speed, the men's brackets will still finish about 5 matches before the women's brackets do. Not really a huge problem since they don't really HAVE to finish at the same time, but if that was your intent, you might want to adjust slightly.

Last edited:

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Okay folks, my bad for the delay as I've been getting the stuff ready for the UCB this upcoming Tuesday.

So does this mean we won't see a repeat of what happened last time?
There should be no repeat of what happened last time. From what I've been told, there are restrictions of who can and can't vote.

And just so you know, even if you move the women's brackets at double-speed, the men's brackets will still finish about 5 matches before the women's brackets do. Not really a huge problem since they don't really HAVE to finish at the same time, but if that was your intent, you might want to adjust slightly.
My apologies for not explaining it that well, but here is how it will work....

On July 1st, the three women tournaments will update twice while the three men tournaments will update 0.
On July 4th, the three women tournaments will update twice while the three men tournaments will update o.
This will continue until all three women tournaments reach Round 3, which should be August 5th. On this update, the three women tournaments will update once while the three men tournaments will update once.
The finals for both tournaments should be on September 23rd.

Chaos Sepher

Gallery Volunteer
Mar 2, 2008
New Jersey
So AMP are you the one making all these awesome banners? Because kudos to ya.

I for one am really gonna try and work for those Likes for the prizes. Will give em out too if I see an impressive post.

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
So AMP are you the one making all these awesome banners? Because kudos to ya.
I for one am really gonna try and work for those Likes for the prizes. Will give em out too if I see an impressive post.
To answer your first question, I did create the banners. I intend to make one for each round. I wish I had the time to learn more about Adobe Flash so that I could make these more like the various stages in those fighting games.

As for the second statement, while it's true I'll be looking at the Likes, I'll also be keeping an eye out for the content of the likes, as in the actually message/post/whatever it's called.[DOUBLEPOST=1404444664,1404266494][/DOUBLEPOST]Alright folks, I'm about to go through this round and count up the various items. When I do so, I will close the thread so as not to have any necro threads occurring. Next round will be posted before 12:00 CST

Chaos Sepher

Gallery Volunteer
Mar 2, 2008
New Jersey
AMP, I know there was a snafu in supposedly spelling Alsadia as Ailana....but if that is the case then where the hell is Ailana? Because I will honestly be VERY dissapointed if the ONE human in this tournament, who happens to be a sexy tan tropical beauty, is left out of this.

mobiusscarf

Katbox Forum Member
Nov 14, 2013
Wow, it occurs to me that after the current round concludes, we'll officially be in the semi-finals for all categories. I thought it would be fun to look at the probable brackets and make some predictions regarding the outcomes. While this round's results aren't official yet, given that most of them have a pretty wide margin and at least half of the votes are in, I think it's safe to assume the current front-runners aren't going to be dethroned by next Tuesday.

Sex Appeal (Women's)
Cocoa v. Alej -- Tiggs v. Ann (Projected)
The Cocoa v. Alej battle interests me a lot because I honestly didn't expect Alej to get this far. She was knocked out in the first round last time, but as we know, last year's UCB was being tinkered with by jerks, and given how Alej's first battle last year had 50 votes while the average battle in that tournament had around 30 votes, it's pretty obvious that someone tried very hard to sink her ship, robbing her of the fair chance she deserved. This year, however, Alej got her fair shake and performed incredibly well. I'm even surprised that she beat out Taffy in her most recent battle. It was close, granted, but she still won. But I honestly think Cocoa will manage a narrow victory against her. While Alej won her last battle of the virgins against Taffy, I think that Cocoa will prove just a liiittle bit more appealing to general voters, and given how close the Alej v. Taffy battle was, I think that slight tip of the scales will bring Cocoa a victory. As for Tiggs v. Ann (assuming Geecku fans don't come out of the woodwork and give her a surprise victory during this round), I'm fairly certain Tiggs will win that fairly easily. She's won every battle by a wide margin, even against the previous UCB champion, Ambar. I don't think Ann really stands a chance. So if the final battle is between Cocoa and Tiggs... well, speaking personally, I think that's an ideal match-up for the finals and a very, very difficult call. Honestly, while my logical brain says that Tiggs is probably going to win as evidenced by her very strong performance thus far... I dunno, I feel like Cocoa is going to win this one. Maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part because that's probably who I'd end up voting for, but I'm sticking by it.

Personality (Women's)
Tiggs v. Cocoa -- Joy v. Taffy (Projected)

Speaking of Tiggs v. Cocoa, they're also set to face-off in Personality next week. A lot of people really relate to Cocoa as a gamer and she has a really fun attitude, but I think Tiggs will probably win just because she's had more time to develop in "Learning Curves" than Cocoa has had in "Dungeons & Dames". That battle will probably be very close, though. Joy v. Taffy will probably also be a tough call, but Taffy has had some pretty narrow victories and Joy has a much more unique personality than Taffy when compared to the other female characters. I think the final battle will be between Tiggs and Joy and... well, I think Tiggs will win it in the end. A lot of people tend to vote on this category based on who they personally find more likable, and I think Tiggs is probably the single most likable character in the series. Joy will be a tough competitor I think, but I still think this is ultimately Tiggs' competition to win.

Design (Women's)
Tiggs v. Cocoa -- Tila v. Angel (Projected)

Wow, ANOTHER Tiggs v. Cocoa match-up. Starting to think the seeds could have been randomized a bit better between categories. Anyway, while, again, my logical brain says Tiggs probably has the edge here too, I actually think I'm going to predict Cocoa as the winner again in spite of myself, mostly because Tiggs hasn't been as strong a competitor in this particular category and... I dunno, call it a gut feeling. I think Cocoa's simplicity and realistic figure will win out. In the end, though, it doesn't REALLY matter, because no matter who wins that round, they'll be going up against Angel, who will almost certainly win against Tila in the semi-finals and take home the gold in the finals. Her modular, tattooed, sleek design is just too hard to beat.

Sex Appeal (Men's)
Toby v. Davin -- Randal v. Drake (Projected)

Onto the men. This has been an interesting side of the tournament because we haven't really seen a lot of openly male-attracted individuals commenting on these battles. It's actually been kind of hilarious. So keeping in mind that these votes seem to mostly be decided by those with a female preference, I think that Sex Appeal will be decided more by overall personality than by physical appearance. So for Toby v. Davin, I think Toby will probably win just because he's shown to be a bit more sensitive (though I think people unfairly project a lot of character traits onto Davin that he hasn't actually demonstrated). As for Randal v. Drake... I think it might be a close one, but I think Randal will ultimately eek out a victory. It's very much the wholesome gentleman vs. the mercurial rogue and while I'd be inclined to think that the rogue would ultimately win out, given the likely voting demographic, I think that Randal's relatability will give him a sizable bump. Then Toby v. Randal, I think, will end up in favor of Randal, mostly because Toby hasn't been a strong performer in some match-ups. For example, he came very close to losing to Kayin a couple rounds back. I think Randal has proven to be a much more solid competitor and will ultimately win out overall.

Personality (Men's)
Randal v. Davin -- Miles v. Drake (Projected)

Again, I think that Davin will probably lose out. He's (perhaps unfairly) imagined as a lunk-headed womanizer while Randal is loyal and kind. I honestly think this should be a closer battle than it is, but I do think Randal will win it easily. Miles v. Drake similarly SHOULD probably be a pretty tight race, but given how Miles almost lost to Reginald of all characters in the first round, I think that Drake will probably win this fairly easily. Then we get another round of Randal v. Drake, but this time I think Drake's mercurial charm will win out.

Design (Men's)
Davin v. Sander -- Bengala v. Drake (Projected)

This time I actually think Davin will win his semi-final round. He beat out Minos early on, I think he can beat out another muscle-bound farmhand. Bengala v. Drake is a much tougher call, though. Both have very impressive designs, but I think I'm going to side with Drake, mostly because he has a long coat and tattoos. So that would mean Davin v. Drake, and honestly, I think Davin is a weaker competitor than Bengala in this category, so I'll be surprised if Drake would beat Bengala and then lose to Davin. I think I'll predict Drake again.

So that would just about wrap it up, except that according to the above post, there will only be three winners for the overall competition, which means they'll probably match up the Male and Female winners in each category and have them go head-to-head.

Sex Appeal (Overall)
Cocoa v. Randal (Predicted)

Wait, didn't I already see this one happening on FurAff--erm... forget I said anything. Anyway, given the prevalent female-preference shown by the voters in this competition, I have little doubt in my mind that Cocoa will easily win this match.

Personality (Overall)
Tiggs v. Drake (Predicted)

If there's any category where a dude stands to actually win, it's probably this one. "Knighthood"'s greatest strength is the personality of its two protagonists, Joy and Drake. However, one could also argue that Tiggs is very much a big part of what people connect with on "Learning Curves". That said, while I do think that "Knighthood" is an overall more popular bonus comic, I think that Tiggs as a character is a bit more popular in general. Sorry, Drake. I think this one will go to Tiggs.

Design (Overall)
Angel v. Drake (Predicted)
Angel
. Seriously, I don't think this one will even be close.

So my official predicted winners are Cocoa, Tiggs, and Angel.

In about two more weeks, I guess we'll see how my predictions pan out. What do you guys think?

Last edited: