1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Uber Quest is printing volume II. Help support the kickstarter and get some heckin' swag here!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!
    Dismiss Notice

Event The 2014 Las Lindas Ultimate Character Battle Images!

Discussion in 'Las Lindas Ultimate Character Battle(s) 2014' started by MrAMP, Jan 15, 2016.

1. MrAMP

MrAMP No. 1 Fun Guy Community Contributor

Personal Text:
    Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
    Hey there all you happening forum members and random people that visit the forum that see this post!

I do sincerely hope that I'm not necro-threading, or necro-subforuming. That's why I created a new thread for this. I hope that's okay.

Anyway and introduction aside, I have in my possession today the images from...
    The 2014 Las Lindas Ultimate Character Battle!

Special thanks goes out to @Chalo for taking the time out of his swamp schedule for making these fantastic images featuring the male and female winners from each category.

:amazeRandal: Sex Appeal :laughCocoa:
    UCB_SexAppeal.png

:blushRandal: Personality :heartTiggs:
    UCB_Personality.png

:grinDrake: Design :gleeAngel:
    UCB_Design.png

Wolfey and SilverBlaze like this.
  2. White Tiger

White Tiger Swiggity swooty. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Global Moderator

I saw glimpses of these pictures when Chalo was working on them in one of his past streams. As expected, they came out looking awesome.

My personal favorite is the personality one just 'cause I love those two characters and they look adorable all cuddled up for a selfie like that. :heartWT: Also, it amuses me the way Angel's eyeing Drake and his ink in the design one.

Also, Cocoa needs to learn to behave herself. Sheesh! :XDWT:

MrAMP, SilverBlaze and KarlSupreme like this.
  3. KarlSupreme

KarlSupreme He who loves Succubi and Anthros.

Home Page:
    I have a feeling Cocoa would get along fine with Reiko from Rascals. :XDReiko: :laughCocoa:
    Also, I had forgotten that Randal won in two categories that year.

SilverBlaze likes this.
  4. Aeri

Aeri Resident Resident spirit expert Gallery Volunteer

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Cat boobs ain't a spreadsheet
    Ah, The 2014 winners, I didn't even know these were actually going to be done. Nice job.

5. MrAMP

Personal Text:
    I have to agree with @White Tiger there in regards to a favorite there. I really enjoyed the selfie look for personality and Randal's rather cuteness next to Tigg's excitement. And Cocoa always look sexy, especially in purple.

:handsomeSnowman: To be fair, Randal is one...
    :gleeSnowman: Wait for it...
    :squintSnowman: Wait for it...
    :furySnowman: WAIT FOR IT...
    :shadesSnowman: HOT DOG!
    :pointsRandal:

KarlSupreme likes this.
  6. Wolfey

Wolfey Logical Lupus

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    That's not what I meant...
    They all look great in their respective pictures :happyTaffy:

(That said, I'm admittedly going to be focusing mostly on the female winners for the rest of this post :winkJoy:)

Definitely - Cocoa fills out that bikini really*1 well :blushCocoa: :heartRandal:

(I wonder if we'll start seeing her in tighter and/or revealing clothing more often? If this picture is any indication, she does have the figure for it :heartAmbar:)

(*1 - although her top looks a bit too small for her: she's spilling out of it a bit overall, and is spilling out a lot on her right side. Then again, maybe she's wearing that top because of all that spillage... :blushHope:)
    Same here - I wasn't expecting Cocoa to be quite that...forward in her curiosity :XDMora:

(Heh - one of the sketches I saw in the most-recent stream for "Katbox Cares II" seems to be a follow-up to this :gleeCocoa: :amazeRandal: Could those two pictures be considered a precursor to the picture "Dirty Gaming 1" [which featured both of them]*2?)

(*2 - due to how "explicit" that picture's content is, I decided not to include a link for it in this post.)

Also: I wonder what Graham would do if she saw Cocoa acting like this? :doomfaceTaffy: :dropCocoa:

(Then again, it probably wouldn't matter: one, this picture is based on an event that took place prior to when she met Graham...and two, this particular picture's non-canon :teaseDin:)

I knew Tiggs was tall, but I didn't think she'd be towering over Randal by that much :laughTiggs: :pointsRandal:

In regard to their shirts: Tiggs seems to be wearing one with a star and the word "Soda", while Randal's has the number "11" on it. Is there any significance to what their shirts say, or are they just for show in this particular picture?

Also: the way Tiggs is leaning down makes it look like her stomach's bulging out a bit over her shorts. Is that just an illusion caused by the perspective of her pose*3...or has she had one too many pancakes as of late? :pancakes: :dropTiggs: :pancakes:

(*3 - considering Ambar had this exact same issue when she was in a similar pose [NSFW], it's probably just due to perspective. Then again, Tiggs does enjoy her food... :blushTiggs:)

The headband and overalls look pretty good on Angel :heartAngel: :gleeDrake:

As for Drake: it seems like he's lost a bit of muscle definition here (unless it's how he was meant to be drawn). Also, is that little marking on the tattooed side of his face a sweat drop? :dropDrake:

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  7. Aeri

Aeri Resident Resident spirit expert Gallery Volunteer

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Cat boobs ain't a spreadsheet
    There is an edit history now? Or did you do that yourself?

8. MrAMP

Personal Text:
    *Joke #1*There’s no shame in that my good fellow.
    *Joke #2*Wait.. there were men in these images too? XD

:handsomeSnowman: Tiggs towers over everyone in height and size…
    :happySnowman: Except Tila.

But in all due seriousness, I have no idea about the shirts. You may need to ask Chalo on that one. Also, I believe that it’s perspective and not excess pancakes doing that to her stomach region.

I believe that to be a start of a tattoo.

9. Wolfey

Wolfey Logical Lupus

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    That's not what I meant...
    I did it myself :happyToots:

The forums - to the best of my knowledge - do not have an "edit history for posts" feature: the only indication that a post was even modified is the presence of the "Last edited:" text (and timestamp for the most-recent edit of that post) above the poster's username (and timestamp of when the post was originally submitted) at the bottom of their post. If I didn't include an "Edit History" section when editing a post, I'd end up worrying about what others might think I'm hiding from them in that edit. Fortunately, with the addition of an "Edit History" section, I don't have to worry about that any more - I can clearly state what particular changes were made to a post in that section :gleeAmbar:

(I've actually been adding an "Edit History" section to my posts [if they needed one] for a long time...although I've refined the section's template a bit since its initial implementation.)

:laughCocoa:

Definitely...although she pretty much towers over everyone here :heartTila:

(Now I'm wondering if we might need a follow-up to this image, with Tila joining in: considering that male characters are usually - in general - taller*1 than female characters, this would make for an interesting reversal of that...especially considering how short Randal would look in comparison to Tila :gleeTila: :amazeTiggs: :pointsRandal:)

(*1 - on that note: while there is a height chart for the female characters...is there a height chart for the male characters as well?)

Good point - I think I'll do that right now :gleeAmbar:

@Chalo: for Tiggs and Randal, do the symbols and text on their shirts (the star and the word "Soda" on Tiggs', and the number "11" on Randal's) have any significance, or were they just included for show?

That's what I was thinking: if I recall correctly, even slender individuals will have something like this happen to them when bending over. Then again, from what I've seen, a slender stomach doesn't bulge over a waistband by that much...which is why I theorized (and, admittedly, hoped) that the bulge might have been due to something other than perspective.

Considering that both of the cases where this illusion occurs are in recent images, I'm wondering if this might be indicative of a change in Chalo's drawing style (for this particular pose, anyway) :gleeMora:

I'm not sure if we're looking at the same part of the picture: what I was referring to was the little gray marking to the right of his nose (at the intersection of his face and cheek tuft). If that's what you were referring to...then I'd like to apologize for misinterpreting that part of your post :dropJoy:

If the "sweat drop" marking is actually part of a tattoo...that would actually be pretty interesting: while Angel's done work with tattoo colors that are lighter than the color of the fur on which they are applied, this has only been seen on her own body so far...and a tattoo like this would mark the first time she's applied a lighter-colored tattoo to an individual other than herself :gleeAngel: