Comic TEoR: Her Future

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

Chaos Sepher

Gallery Volunteer
Mar 2, 2008
New Jersey
@Avencri you may want to reword Ginny's line to "the Queen wants to marry her off." The way it reads now sounds like Jane wants to be the one to marry Mayte.

And I really want to see Mayte and Ghassan interact.

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
Ah snap! Alex just got motherly pawned!

No but seriously though, stellar job on the layout of these panels to compliment the rather bulky text.

Radagast

Gallery Volunteer
Feb 29, 2012
Seconding Chaos's suggested wording change. You're trying to "marry off" someone when you're playing matchmaker. You're trying to marry someone when you propose to them (or accept a proposal from them).

Urien Lævateinn

Knight- Errant
Feb 29, 2012
Isn't this whole marriage thing about trying to keep mayte's species of Dragon alive? Because I'm pretty sure the last of your kind falls into the category of funtionally extinct.

@Chaos Sepher i guess that is a better wording. I am not a native english speaker so i always trust the writers when they do the grammar check. Next page is about Ghassan and Mayte.

@Urien Lævateinn You are correct, the most they can do is have Mayte's mate be of the closest related species. The kids would be hybrids but still close to the lake serpent. Basically, the species is gone in the pure form.

Urien Lævateinn

Knight- Errant
Feb 29, 2012
You are correct, the most they can do is have Mayte's mate be of the closest related species. The kids would be hybrids but still close to the lake serpent. Basically, the species is gone in the pure form.
But then to ensure the hybrid species kept existing every one of mayte's kids would be born with the massive resposibility of repopulating the race when full grown.

But then to ensure the hybrid species kept existing every one of mayte's kids would be born with the massive resposibility of repopulating the race when full grown.
Pretty much... but that is WAY beyond the scope of the comic at the moment. Ghassan is not looking for a wife and Mayte is probably not interested either. It would be like trying to breed pandas. XD

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
Hm…now that I’m reading all the comments, this appears to be pretty much a foil between Alex and Mayte having/wanting kids and their “responsibilities” to family and species. Very interesting approach to the subject.

Jun 9, 2008
EARTH
Personal Text
Ahhhhh Art, How we can escape life to thee
So much feelings being poured out of Alex here, only to be brought into the light be Queen Jane.

You know I bet Jane and Alex would make a cute couple. Light & Dark, Yin & Yang, Black & White, HA HA! Metaphor's.