Character Taffy: What do you like to make besides sweets?

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

Belvarius

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 27, 2007
Oologah, OK
Good evening Taffy, this question popped into my head tonight and I was hoping you would take a moment to answer it. We know you enjoy baking things such as pies, cakes, and cookies for everyone there at the farm but is there something you like to prepare on a regular basis that's a bit more on the healthy side for everyone? Something like steamed mixed veggies as a side dish for lunch or dinner? Farming is hard work and good nutrition is essential to making sure everyone is up to their jobs!

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
If I were a betting man, and taking @Randal 's obsession to bacon, I would have to say that she's a master in creating bacon flavored dishes that's low in fats such as the Bacon Pizza.
little-caesars-bacon-wrapped-pizza.jpg

No but in all due seriousness, I imagine she would make a mean spaghetti. After all, some say it's like taffy but red. XD
16180_1380313300_0.jpg

If I were a betting man, and taking @Randal 's obsession to bacon, I would have to say that she's a master in creating bacon flavored dishes that's low in fats such as the Bacon Pizza.
View attachment 4225

No but in all due seriousness, I imagine she would make a mean spaghetti. After all, some say it's like taffy but red. XD
View attachment 4226
knowing randal his portion is probably a spicy meat sauce for the pasta.

Taffy

Katbox Comic Character
Apr 17, 2007
Oh my...I think sometimes it is better to ask me what I DON'T cook for everyone! :XDTaffy:

Cooking for a working farm is way different than anything I've done before, since you're trying to feed a large group that needs a lot of food all at once. It all comes down to timing and making sure the pantry is well stocked. :gleeTaffy: I try my best to have something special for everyone there, and so I learn what they really like. I might not be able to make a full meal for someone, but I know that Rannie likes his bacon (echk! :cryTaffy: ) so I find ways to sneak some onto his plate. All of the cats are the same about fish, so that shows up in the plan. And all the way through everyone like that. It's like juggling, except with meals...and...um...I think this analogy is off the rails. :wutTaffy:

But as for how I actually handle it, well, I think the best way to explain it is to just walk you through one of my days, so here we go!

Most days, I'm up pretty early. Farm work can start right at the crack of dawn, so I need to be ready to take care of everyone. Usually means I am up around 5 or so to get breakfast going while the workers are waking up. Breakfast is usually quick to make on work days, lots of eggs and sausage since they are quick and hearty, but I also put out plenty of fruit and things like cereal for those who want something else.

After breakfast, it is cleanup time and this is when I usually take stock of what we have and need. Farmers go through a LOT of food, and it's important that I keep it in mind when it is still early enough in the day that I can get to a store. If everything is good, I start working on lunches. Lunch is the lowest stress meal for me, since I can do a lot of what I want, and it can be easy to do. Sometimes lunch is just bread and sandwich stuff laid out on the table where everyone stops by when they want it. Other times, I feel creative and make little sack lunches for everyone. :happyTaffy: That's usually all done by about 1 or 2, once the cleanup is taken care of.

Finally, dinner is another big group meal. If I had to guess, this is the one that is the most work, but by far my favorite to do. Nothing makes me happier than to see everyone at the table sharing a meal that I cooked. :gleeTaffy: I guess that is the mom bunny instinct that we all have kicking in. As far as for what the meal is, it's usually pretty basic, and always with enough for seconds, thirds and midnight snacks. I make a pretty mean lasagna, if I do say so :XDTaffy: but I also like doing fried fish, roasted poultry. Lately, I've expanded to trying out different kinds of stuffed pepper with mixed success. Randal loves the spicy ones but everyone else....ahh...heh... :cryTaffy:

Belvarius

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 27, 2007
Oologah, OK
Oh my...I think sometimes it is better to ask me what I DON'T cook for everyone! :XDTaffy:

Cooking for a working farm is way different than anything I've done before, since you're trying to feed a large group that needs a lot of food all at once. It all comes down to timing and making sure the pantry is well stocked. :gleeTaffy: I try my best to have something special for everyone there, and so I learn what they really like. I might not be able to make a full meal for someone, but I know that Rannie likes his bacon (echk! :cryTaffy: ) so I find ways to sneak some onto his plate. All of the cats are the same about fish, so that shows up in the plan. And all the way through everyone like that. It's like juggling, except with meals...and...um...I think this analogy is off the rails. :wutTaffy:

But as for how I actually handle it, well, I think the best way to explain it is to just walk you through one of my days, so here we go!

Most days, I'm up pretty early. Farm work can start right at the crack of dawn, so I need to be ready to take care of everyone. Usually means I am up around 5 or so to get breakfast going while the workers are waking up. Breakfast is usually quick to make on work days, lots of eggs and sausage since they are quick and hearty, but I also put out plenty of fruit and things like cereal for those who want something else.

After breakfast, it is cleanup time and this is when I usually take stock of what we have and need. Farmers go through a LOT of food, and it's important that I keep it in mind when it is still early enough in the day that I can get to a store. If everything is good, I start working on lunches. Lunch is the lowest stress meal for me, since I can do a lot of what I want, and it can be easy to do. Sometimes lunch is just bread and sandwich stuff laid out on the table where everyone stops by when they want it. Other times, I feel creative and make little sack lunches for everyone. :happyTaffy: That's usually all done by about 1 or 2, once the cleanup is taken care of.

Finally, dinner is another big group meal. If I had to guess, this is the one that is the most work, but by far my favorite to do. Nothing makes me happier than to see everyone at the table sharing a meal that I cooked. :gleeTaffy: I guess that is the mom bunny instinct that we all have kicking in. As far as for what the meal is, it's usually pretty basic, and always with enough for seconds, thirds and midnight snacks. I make a pretty mean lasagna, if I do say so :XDTaffy: but I also like doing fried fish, roasted poultry. Lately, I've expanded to trying out different kinds of stuffed pepper with mixed success. Randal loves the spicy ones but everyone else....ahh...heh... :cryTaffy:
Thanks for the response Taffy! Man sounds like they keep you busy all day! But it is worthwhile and I bet they all love what you do for them!

AlecIse

Sep 15, 2016
If I were a betting man, and taking @Randal 's obsession to bacon, I would have to say click here for breast actives that she's a master in creating bacon flavored dishes that's low in fats such as the Bacon Pizza.
View attachment 4225

View attachment 4226
That looks like the tastiest thing I've ever seen. If only I wasn't trying to lose weight.

Last edited:

Cervelet

The Katbox
Jan 5, 2015
I hope you're talking about the bolognese, because the bacon thing looks gross. >.<

I wouldn't mind a good bolognese again.

Jul 30, 2018
Oh my...I think sometimes it is better to ask me what I DON'T cook for everyone! :XDTaffy::cryTaffy:

After breakfast, it is cleanup time and this is when I usually take stock of what we have and need. Farmers go through a LOT of food, and it's important that I keep it in mind when it is still early enough in the day that I can get to a store. If everything is good, I start working on lunches. Lunch is the lowest stress meal for me, since I can do a lot of what I want, and it can be easy to do. phenq reviews can help you https://theskinnyvibes.com/phenq-reviews-and-results/ serah did a complete product review on theskinnyvibes.com Sometimes lunch is just bread and sandwich stuff laid out on the table where everyone stops by when they want it. Other times, I feel creative and make little sack lunches for everyone. :happyTaffy: That's usually all done by about 1 or 2, once the cleanup is taken care of.

It's a lot of work you do there, Taffy. Hats off to you!

Last edited: