Swatting leads to tragedy

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!
Well, folks, it has come to pass. The disgusting practice of Swatting has finally lead to the first official death by these fake calls. The victim, 28 year old Andrew Finch from Wichita, Kansas, was gunned down in front of his family while unarmed. The worst part, he was not the intended target of the Swatting. Both MundaneMatt (who was a victim of Swatting some years ago) and SidAlpha cover the story. SidAlpha plays the audio of the 911 call sent by the Fake Caller. The family has opened a GoFundme for a goal of $20,000 to cover the cost of the Funeral -
https://www.gofundme.com/funeral-expenses-for-andy-finch

(UPDATE from KWCH) First arrest made in Deadly Kansas Swatting Tragedy - 25 yearl old Tyler Barriss also made a false Bomb threat to the ABC Studio in Glendale in Oct.2015 https://twitter.com/KWCH12/status/946986811653611520 http://www.kwch.com/content/news/Two-critically-injured-in-W-Wichita-shooting-467049153.html

Matt's video
Sid's Video with 911 call.

Last edited:

Belvarius

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 27, 2007
Oologah, OK
Yeah, this was something I was dreading finally happening. And that the caller was just some punk who got mad over a game, truly stupid stuff! Well I imagine this guy's going to be facing federal charges when he's brought up on trial, being that he's from L.A. and the guy he swatted was in Kansas, he likely will be many years behind bars for this if found guilty.

Yeah, this was something I was dreading finally happening. And that the caller was just some punk who got mad over a game, truly stupid stuff! Well I imagine this guy's going to be facing federal charges when he's brought up on trial, being that he's from L.A. and the guy he swatted was in Kansas, he likely will be many years behind bars for this if found guilty.
They got the Swatter, who was a Swatter for hire. Now they need to get the other 2 who originally started this mess). As I understand, it was because one guy was pissed for losing $1.50 in CoD that bet and threaten the other to get him Swatted. That guy then went "come at me, Bro" and gave the directions (FALSE directions) and the loser hire Tyler.

Belvarius

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 27, 2007
Oologah, OK
They got the Swatter, who was a Swatter for hire. Now they need to get the other 2 who originally started this mess). As I understand, it was because one guy was pissed for losing $1.50 in CoD that bet and threaten the other to get him Swatted. That guy then went "come at me, Bro" and gave the directions (FALSE directions) and the loser hire Tyler.
Yes those other two need to be caught and brought up on charges as well, though I don't know if both can charged with the actual murder. While the one who hired the swatter could be facing murder charges the other one who gave the false address, well reckless endangerment is about the most I can think of that might actually stick. We'll see if they get caught what they might actually be facing.