Splatoon: The Nickelodeon Game We Always Wanted

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!
Jul 4, 2012
Virginia
www.peterandcompany.com
Personal Text
Half-frozen Sprite is the sweet nectar of life.
Okay, who here managed to get a chance to jump in on this past weekend's Global Test/Preview for Splatoon on the Wii U? Whitney and I were both able to give it a go and the game freaking blew our minds. Once the hour test was up I immediately preordered the digital version.

I'm not usually into MOBA titles, but this is already looking like it will take my top spot for favorite Wii U game. It is an absolute blast. Nintendo's been in desperate need of a new IP for quite some time, and it looks like they knocked this one out of the park.

I propose we coordinate a Katbox team in anticipation of unlocking Ranked Matches after reaching level 10. We will both figuratively and literally mop the floor with our enemies.

Kuurion

IE Kuuribro IE Kuubeans ID Kuubutts
The Katbox
Jul 3, 2009
Land of Frost and Maple
ourworld.katbox.net
Oh well then good! I'm glad to know there'll be someone else I can lean on for some multiplayer fun, haha. I am most definitely game to be on this team. In fact, I call on the sacred right of DIBS to reserve a slot. :heartArt:
[DOUBLEPOST=1432854772,1431531179][/DOUBLEPOST]Redacted... I can no longer be on this team. Splatoon is $70 here in Canada. From retailers and on the eshop. Good as the game may be, I'm not paying $70 for it.
[DOUBLEPOST=1433082150][/DOUBLEPOST]Redact Redacted! I was convinced, now I have it.

Jul 4, 2012
Virginia
www.peterandcompany.com
Personal Text
Half-frozen Sprite is the sweet nectar of life.
Yeah, after spending the weekend playing it, I'm convinced that Nintendo has an absolute gem on their hands. This one's going to be a system-seller for sure.

Also it's hilarious how 95% of the Miiverse graffiti in-game is all Spongebob-related. Freaking amazing seeing so many faces of Squidward and the "CHOCOLATE!!!" guy everywhere.

We ABSOLUTELY have to make a Katbox team happen. It would be so dang fun to get 8 people coordinated on Skype and in a room together.

Kuurion

The Katbox
Jul 3, 2009
Land of Frost and Maple
ourworld.katbox.net
Yeah, after spending the weekend playing it, I'm convinced that Nintendo has an absolute gem on their hands. This one's going to be a system-seller for sure.

Also it's hilarious how 95% of the Miiverse graffiti in-game is all Spongebob-related. Freaking amazing seeing so many faces of Squidward and the "CHOCOLATE!!!" guy everywhere.

We ABSOLUTELY have to make a Katbox team happen. It would be so dang fun to get 8 people coordinated on Skype and in a room together.
I think the problem might be finding a few other people who have it. Nobody else seems to be even talking about it here.

Feb 29, 2012
I think the problem might be finding a few other people who have it. Nobody else seems to be even talking about it here.
In my defense I prefer to buy and play games I know will take a long time to play and have replay value, so my game collection is pretty small. I also don't have any new gen game consoles.

Pontius

Katbox Forum Member
Sep 21, 2007
Maryland
I would get it, but since I replaced my router my WiiU has been outright adamant on refusing to connect to the WiFi. I'm in a running battle with tech support, have been on one, but outlook for the immediate future remains not so good.

ScorpDK

The Thread Ender
Mar 4, 2011
Personal Text
Welp
Having some issues getting into online matches (Getting the 118-0513/0519 errors), but with some persistance I eventually get into some really intense battles. Once I'm in a game, I don't get disconnected, it's just getting IN.
Got to rank 4 now, bought some clothes for speed and a roller... :3c
[DOUBLEPOST=1433606468,1433606285][/DOUBLEPOST]
I would get it, but since I replaced my router my WiiU has been outright adamant on refusing to connect to the WiFi. I'm in a running battle with tech support, have been on one, but outlook for the immediate future remains not so good.
Have you considered getting the LAN-Adapter and just connect your WiiU via ethernet?
[DOUBLEPOST=1433685476][/DOUBLEPOST]Fixed my connection issues by installing a second NIC in my PC, connecting the computer directly to the internet with the first card, then connecting the ethernet switch to my second card, and using internet connection sharing on my VPN tunnel.
Instantly getting into games now, without error messages :)

Last edited:

Pontius

Katbox Forum Member
Sep 21, 2007
Maryland
Have you considered getting the LAN-Adapter and just connect your WiiU via ethernet?
My router and such are on the first floor. My WiiU is in the basement. Thus, conundrum.

The main problem is that the WiiU recognizes the server / router, and that it is indeed connected, it just can't make the third / most vital step and connect the WiiU to the internet through said router. Then again, this was the same problem I had with my last router, and the way I fixed that was basically "Make a JJBA pose holding the WiiU and hope it's in the right spot". So far, I haven't been able to find that right spot again.

Kuurion

The Katbox
Jul 3, 2009
Land of Frost and Maple
ourworld.katbox.net
I figure I should post this here, since this is where splatoon-interested peoples have looked. I recorded a video on Splatoon with MasterGodai last week for my gaming channel :heartJill: :heartsKyoko: he was gonna do his side too, but then well the capture crashed XD so we'll have to do it again in the future.

Thelordoflemonz

Katbox Forum Member
Oct 24, 2014
Alright, so what's the learning curve on this? Can multiple people play on one system? Trying to decide if I should get it for my kids birthday. Would 9 year olds play ok?
You can play two player but, there isn't much to do with local. You're better off playing online. There is a slight learning curve, but I have an 8 year old brother, and he plays Splatoon all the time and he tends to win more online matches then he loses. Also, there is no voice chat in the game so you don't have to worry about your kid hearing anything inappropriate. So I do recommend it if you have kids.
[DOUBLEPOST=1442072137,1442072102][/DOUBLEPOST]
...autobot
[DOUBLEPOST=1442025904,1440727966][/DOUBLEPOST]OK Troops: The next US Splatfest will be Science VS The Arts, Who will you side with (this one is hard for me because I ACCUALY LIKE BOTH!)?
I'm definitely chosing The Arts.