1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Leon, Simon, and Meijer are back! False Start returns as the first comic of the upcoming Katbox After Dark! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Uber Quest is printing volume II. Help support the kickstarter and get some heckin' swag here!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!
    Dismiss Notice

Art SNOWDON - Comics & Artings

Discussion in 'Community Works' started by SNOWDON, Jan 30, 2016.

1. SNOWDON

SNOWDON New Member

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    You believe that when you die you go to heaven. YOU COME TO US!
  2. Hoppy

Hoppy Fuzzy Old Guy

Personal Text:
    "Growing OLD is mandatory, but growing UP is entirely optional."
    cool stuffs

3. MrAMP

MrAMP No. 1 Fun Guy Community Contributor

Personal Text:
    Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
    Okay, I'm not going to lie, but this stuff looks awesome! I'm so going to check it out ASAP! Thanks for sharing and so looking forward to more stuff.
    I'm rather intrigued with the curved anatomy and dark colorations.

4. Bone

Bone Staff Member Katbox Comic Artist

I admire your backgrounds and, use of color, and texture work. Though I would make your gutters smaller so that your backgrounds can breathe a little and really shine!

5. Cervelet

Cervelet Staff Member Katbox Comic Artist

This looks really cool. Plus I like the sense of movement in your poses, you can really tell they are moving around. I like the paneling and use of angles. I'm really kinda wondering why you didn't make an application for the Katbox. XD

6. SNOWDON

SNOWDON New Member

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Theme and content.

I mean, I think "The Sprawl" has been pretty tame so far, but reading the Katbox submission guidelines regarding sex and violence it seems it already has enough that I think it would be borderline for Katbox.

And, well, have you ever watched a classic horror movie? The kind where you don't even really see the monster until you're halfway through? Then people suddenly start exploding?

"The Sprawl" is almost to that halfway point.

7. Cervelet

Cervelet Staff Member Katbox Comic Artist

ludicrous gibs. Gotcha.

8. Darth Dies

Darth Dies The Guardian

This looks veeery interesting...
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 4, 2016, Original Post Date: Jun 3, 2016 ---
    Well i caught up with the comic and to be honest...im just expecting someone name "Clarke" to show up and destroy the orb

9. SilverBlaze

SilverBlaze Artist/Writer - Itsy Bitsy Adventures Staff Member Katbox Comic Artist

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    #Artistlife. True fact.
    Your art reminds me allot of Cyber 6. Super awesome!

I'm currently reading through The Sprawl and it's amazing!

10. MrAMP

Personal Text:
    Hey there! I recently read through all of The Sprawl. It took me awhile as I was reading in between some other comics here and there. I should probably start reviewing them again.

Anyways, I’m not going to lie here, but I’m really enthralled with the story thus far, specifically the character development and theme in conjunction with the amazing art style. Seriously, you masterly illustrate the action panels so well, much better than the main stream comics I’ve read.

11. SNOWDON

SNOWDON New Member

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Thanks much, all of you. There's a lot more coming. I'm wrapping up the current chapter and beginning preproduction on LOG:04 now. I really can't wait for you to see where the story is heading.

I'm also taking the first steps to try and get moving on print editions.
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 16, 2016, Original Post Date: Jun 16, 2016 ---
    And if you're enjoying the comic, please tell other people about it! The more readers I get, the more supporters sign up. The more supporters, the more time I can put towards working on the comic. If I could do this full time, I'd be posting at least 3 pages a week.

12. Paradoxfox

Paradoxfox Katbox Forum Member

Home Page:
    Doing good, quality work here. I'm a fan of this.

13. SNOWDON

SNOWDON New Member

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Hey everyone. July is a double page month. I'll be posting two pages every week.

I'm also planning to open up commissions within the next week or two. Mostly focusing on smaller, cheaper commissions so I can keep them to the weekend and continue to focus on the comic during the week. I'm also investigating options for a print edition I can sell at cons and through the website.

The goal is to be able to reduce my freelance work to a point where I can post two pages a week every week as a the regular schedule, rather than a one month bonus.

[​IMG]

14. Darth Dies

Darth Dies The Guardian

I hope when Sibo gets sawed by her O'Malley she'll give insight on what happened on that planet and why.

15. SNOWDON

SNOWDON New Member

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Double page month is over. I've got a lot on my plate this month or I'd have tried stretching Double Page Month through the entire summer, but I had a big boost in Patreon pledges, so if August goes well I might celebrate the end of LOG:03 with another double page month in September or October.

In the meantime, August is a 5 page month! So still a beefy amount of comics coming. I've also set up a Facebook page for the comic, for fans to follow for news, conventions appearances, and other updates.

[​IMG]
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 13, 2016, Original Post Date: Aug 2, 2016 ---
    This month, something familiar returns to the story...

[​IMG]
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 16, 2016 ---
    Random, late-night drawing stream resulted in the characters from Star Fox being drawn as if they were Sprawl characters.
    [​IMG]

MrAMP and SilverBlaze like this.
  16. MrAMP

Personal Text:
    OH SNAP! I must say that the SF cast do look pretty sweet in your style, especially Falcon with that mechanism on his head and over his eye.

17. SNOWDON

SNOWDON New Member

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Thanks much. I plan to do more sketch work like that and hope to make an announcement this week about commissions. In the meantime, it's New Comic Book Day...
    [​IMG]
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 29, 2016, Original Post Date: Sep 21, 2016 ---
    [​IMG]
    Trick or treat, dear reader. Trick or treat.

The next month and change of pages will be a bit of LOG:03 epilogue and then we head into LOG:04 around December, just before the comic hits its third birthday.
    --- Double Post Merged, Dec 28, 2016 ---
    [​IMG]
    The final page update of 2016.

"Things have clearly gotten out of hand, yes. But it was worth the risk, I assure y-"

18. ID

ID The Katboss Staff Member Administrator

Home Page:
    I just got caught up on The Sprawl. It's an immediately engaging comic that made me care about the people in its world. It's something I'd recommend to a lot of people.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  19. Darth Dies

Darth Dies The Guardian

Reminds me heavily on Dead Space,and I Love Dead Space!

20. ID

ID The Katboss Staff Member Administrator

Home Page:
    The first Dead Space was inspiring. The second was fun though I had a few controller throwing areas that were just painful. I never played the third.

21. Darth Dies

Darth Dies The Guardian

Oh the atmosphere! The setting! The Area! Just a great Horror Game all togheter!

Ubermorph?

It just continues off,the suits could've been better but I like it how we learn the Origin of the Marker (if you wish to play it yourself,I won't tread to deep into spoiler teritory!)

22. SNOWDON

SNOWDON New Member

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Bit belated update notice here due to the recent issues.

[​IMG]
    www.thesprawlcomic.com

I love how this page turned out.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 22, 2017, Original Post Date: Jan 13, 2017 ---
    Hey everyone, the comic is still charging along. A new page will be going up today in about 2 and a half hours, so it may be up by the time you read this.

Also, I've been hosting frequent streaming sessions. I just moved and I'm making a go at supporting myself with commissions and freelance work. My streams are almost always adult (since that's the majority of commission requests) but feel free to drop in and check things out or request a commission for yourself!

https://picarto.tv/SNOWDON

For basic commissions I'm offering
    $25 sketch+shading
    $35 sketch+colours
    $60 full body finished lineart+colours

[​IMG]

In other news, I've added exclusive pinups to my Patron rewards, with the first being Su Huilun from LOG:01.

--- Double Post Merged, Mar 26, 2017 ---
    Some of the commissioned art I've been doing in my Picarto Stream lately.
    [​IMG]
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 30, 2017 ---
    More commission work.

[​IMG]
    --- Double Post Merged, May 16, 2017 ---
    Yet more commission work from my recent streams!

[​IMG]

I accept commissions almost every night! Follow me on Picarto, note me on FA, or send me an email if you'd like one!

http://www.furaffinity.net/user/getta/
    http://thesprawlcomic.com/
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 19, 2017 ---
    If you've not yet read The Sprawl, now is a good time to start.

If you're already a fan but haven't read the first chapter in a while, well you might want to head back to the beginning and give it another look.

[​IMG]

http://thesprawlcomic.com/index.php?c=01&p=001