Art Sheacka's panthion of art

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

Sheacka

I like Pie
Mar 24, 2015
Washington State
I can't wait till my Wacom comes and that has me in a drawing mood, I have an array of stiles. I don't know if I'll put any of my Abstracts up though. I have some of my characters as long as 10 years now, and am in the processes of doing some changes to them. And others aren't as old.

Lets see to start off with I'll do my finished sculptures time laps

Tafari is a wolf based creature of mine that I needed a 3D reference of so that is in some sence the "sculpture that started it all" *bricked*

The one below this line tends to be people's favorit because it's a WOW Druid in cat form

Those are the only time laps up at the moment
This one is finished I just haven't finished the time lap dew to moiving. It was a wedding gift for my cousin and her husband, we moved shortly after that. Her Fave animal is the Horse and his is a Koala, I never did find out if the like it or not though.

These two are still WIPs
Another character of mine Meline Nightroad She is partners (and I don't mean the romantic kind) with Tafari, though she thinks of him more like a father there's a lot behind that and I don't really have the time to explain. I plan to make her top out of fabric which is why she doesn't have one yet >.>

Where we were living there was a group that did a diffrent animal for art things and last year 2014 was the year of the coyote, I didn't get done before we had to move. There are still things I want to to it before I bake it. The inspiration behind him is from an old NW Native American legend that I read back in high school where Coyote took the water from the Frog People who weren't sharing with others. Coyote then put the water where people could get to it. Or at least that's what I remember.

[DOUBLEPOST=1428267192,1428265469][/DOUBLEPOST]I'll put some of my drawing up once I figure out which ones to put up
[DOUBLEPOST=1428278021][/DOUBLEPOST]The only current drawings I have scanned in and that are more resent are a few turnarounds that I'm working on. Firestar in the swim ware which is currently my avatar and this

All are my characters but they don't normally interact together.

Anything else I have is really rather old

fennec

The Reclining Viking
Katbox Patreon
Oct 11, 2013
Australia
Personal Text
I regret nothing
these are pretty awesome, the Koala and horse kind of reminds me of drop bears.
Can't wait to see more.

fennec

The Reclining Viking
Katbox Patreon
Oct 11, 2013
Australia
Personal Text
I regret nothing
It's an Australian thing, a bit of a joke where we tell tourist that there is a breed of Koala that fall from trees to latch onto things. A few years ago there was a news report put out as an April fools joke, telling people to put vegemite on to keep them away etc.
It's just one of those little jokes Aussies have at our friendly wildlife, but people took it seriously.
The first thing that came to mind was the Koala falling from a spotty and latching onto the horse. It made me rather happy.
(sorry, I'm a little too used to slang, a spotty is a kind of tree, a spotted gum)

Sheacka

I like Pie
Mar 24, 2015
Washington State
It's an Australian thing, a bit of a joke where we tell tourist that there is a breed of Koala that fall from trees to latch onto things. A few years ago there was a news report put out as an April fools joke, telling people to put vegemite on to keep them away etc.
It's just one of those little jokes Aussies have at our friendly wildlife, but people took it seriously.
The first thing that came to mind was the Koala falling from a spotty and latching onto the horse. It made me rather happy.
(sorry, I'm a little too used to slang, a spotty is a kind of tree, a spotted gum)
THAT is awesome and I learned something yay It's always good to learn something.
Actually there is a small family joke (on my dad's side) that when my uncle was live he was the tallest of the four boys and his wife was short so he started doing drawings of a Giraffe (him) and a mouse (her) and I was having a hard time thinking of how to put the horse and koala together. My mom remindied me of the Giraffe and the mouse and it finally clicked.
[DOUBLEPOST=1429029216,1428288842][/DOUBLEPOST]A WIP of Someone's character chasing some unfinished Gingerbread people, I'm working on, It's more "comical" then "mincing" but I think my snake band idea I I have I might get "mincing". I get my tablet today yay

[DOUBLEPOST=1429050237][/DOUBLEPOST]Here are two resent turnarounds of my character Firestar, the only difference between the two, is the feet, (debating on changing to a more animal like foot,) and I marked some of her spots on one.... I guess they are more patches since they aren't so small.

I am still picking where some spots will go

fennec

The Reclining Viking
Katbox Patreon
Oct 11, 2013
Australia
Personal Text
I regret nothing
I think the more animal foot suits better, it looks a bit more natural.
these are looking really good!

Sheacka

I like Pie
Mar 24, 2015
Washington State
I think the more animal foot suits better, it looks a bit more natural.
these are looking really good!
Thanks I'm thinking that myself going to the more animal one I mean
[DOUBLEPOST=1429417163,1429061494][/DOUBLEPOST]Trying to get use to my new tablet, I did a few drawings but didn't keep them as I didn't feel they were up to my wanting it to be yet, today tried inking one of the turnarounds, still not quite use to the tablet though >.> but if I don't use it I won't get better so yeah catch 22 right now

Yes I'm using white because it's her main fir color.

fennec

The Reclining Viking
Katbox Patreon
Oct 11, 2013
Australia
Personal Text
I regret nothing
which tablet did you get? It is a bit of a shake up when you change mediums eh?

fennec

The Reclining Viking
Katbox Patreon
Oct 11, 2013
Australia
Personal Text
I regret nothing
fair call, it's a bit odd getting used to the different style of drawing (if you're like me and are used too drawing on paper).
Can't wait to see more of your digital stuff.

Sheacka

I like Pie
Mar 24, 2015
Washington State
*chuckle* thanks, I think at the moment I'm still going to be sketching on paper, and scanning and going digital from there, I like the new Avitar btw I think it's because of the moical

And this one is still a WIP but I think I got a sistem I'm happy-ish with now it doesn't really feel too different from a pad of paper amazingly

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
I must say that the rendering on that last piece really makes the initial sketch really stand out. Stellar job on the shading.

Sheacka

I like Pie
Mar 24, 2015
Washington State
I must say that the rendering on that last piece really makes the initial sketch really stand out. Stellar job on the shading.
Thanks
[DOUBLEPOST=1430779010,1430349374][/DOUBLEPOST]Got some more progress for this one.... Almost done, it's just missing something

[DOUBLEPOST=1430939749][/DOUBLEPOST]Finished The big mark on the image is my burn mark, The onwer of the charcter is the only one I'm giving the unmarked one too See if you can find my three sigs :p

[DOUBLEPOST=1431568349][/DOUBLEPOST]I've been working of Firestar, I now am happy with her spot pattern, It's almost done yes her eyes are green blue and brown

[DOUBLEPOST=1432448842][/DOUBLEPOST]Today I tried my hand at some different expressions. I also tried something different for the strait on view for the face I think I like that one better then the turnaround take a guess at what the expressions are

[DOUBLEPOST=1434649122][/DOUBLEPOST]I did this in a bit of a hurry so it's not that well done, but it was worth the test you could say.... As for the guy, he's a butterfly.... though I'm seresly thinking of taking away his proboscis, >.> which would make him look more ailian I sapose.

[DOUBLEPOST=1436658401][/DOUBLEPOST]So the awaited results of pay back If anyone was waiting for it, anyway >.> Still debating on weather or not to change his nose.

It's also the first of the revisited list of 100 themes.... long story short, I found some old pieces I had done for the challenge, when I use to be on DA and realized I never finished. So asked myself if I just contue or start anew, and anew wins.
this one is #13 Misfortune

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
Looking at the background, I couldn't help but laugh as she appears to be trying on cosplay outfits in what appears to be a book store.

I really like the designs of each characters, especially the contrast of the yellow against the brown skin tones. I will say that the shadowing and anatomy look rather stiff.

Sheacka

I like Pie
Mar 24, 2015
Washington State
Looking at the background, I couldn't help but laugh as she appears to be trying on cosplay outfits in what appears to be a book store.

I really like the designs of each characters, especially the contrast of the yellow against the brown skin tones. I will say that the shadowing and anatomy look rather stiff.
Yeah.... it's an edited photo that was the only "space like" Disney shop I had.... >.> though now that I think about it Disney doesn't have any fitting rooms.... in any of their stores.... in or out of the parks O.O.... ah well....

thanks for pointing that out, it gives me something to work on. Constructive criticism is always nice to have..... for me. Thanks again
[DOUBLEPOST=1438125827,1437067572][/DOUBLEPOST]Decided to try one of my abstract styles using a computer, I think I prefer it on actual pencil and paper but it was a good experiment all the same, I think I'll try my other abstract stile some time soon-ish..... Maybe haha

[DOUBLEPOST=1439846535][/DOUBLEPOST]Thought I'd try out different shading styles, so did the eyes of a few of my girls.

[doublepost=1448176385][/doublepost]Been a bit since I've posted something new both characters belong to two of my friends one I did as a get well gift and the other was a birthday gift. The Get well gift was a rush job so isn't shaded, and a bit sloppy.

The B-day gift was kind of that before the blind fold was removed ....