1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. We are holding a fundraiser to expand our website and reach. You can visit our GoFundMe page for more information or to make a contribution. Follow the news forum for notices of events we are holding to further raise funds.
    Dismiss Notice

Samuri Jack: Final Chapters

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheHunter, Feb 6, 2017.

1. TheHunter

TheHunter Rebel

Personal Text:
    Stand up for what you believe in!
  2. Darth Dies

Darth Dies The Guardian

How a Samurai Rambo looks like

THE HYPE US REEEEAAALLL!!!!

3. GearGades

GearGades Katbox Forum Member

Home Page:
    OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!! The Jack is back baby:D

But if its been 50 years, it means my favorite character, the Scotsman, is dead:(

4. TheHunter

TheHunter Rebel

Personal Text:
    Stand up for what you believe in!
    Nope.

He'll be back ;)

5. GearGades

Home Page:
    Yep. in the wikipedia article on Season 5 Tartakovsky, at a panel at San Diego Comic-Con 2016, confirmed that the Scotsman will return to the series.

6. Eradose

Eradose Katbox Forum Member

Home Page:
    As of last night, the final season has started. Here's my overview of the first episode.

The episode has as dual focus, half of the episode is focused on Jack, who wears full armor, rides around on a motorcycle, and uses guns and a lance type weapon. As the episode goes on, we get a look at Jack's current mental state, which is to say... He's kind of going crazy. He constantly sees hallucinations of his father, mother, and his people from the past, asking why he's "forsaken them" and he's "forgotten them", and "abandoned his purpose". These hallucinations get quite disturbing, and always end with a dark warrior on horseback. It even gets to the point where he begins to talk to his hallucinations DURING BATTLE, meaning that they seem very real to him.

As for Jack's sword, one of Aku's robot assassins asks him what happened to it, and we see a brief flashback to him loosing it in a chasm. This suggests that one of the later story arcs will focus on him reclaiming his sword. As for this robot assassin, he dose feel like something from the original series, constantly talking smack to Jack, despite having just killed a whole village just to bring Jack out. After taking him down, Jack takes the assassin's weapon for his own. Suggesting that most of the weapons he uses now were trophies from combat.

The other half is a focus on the assassins called the "Daughters of Aku". We see them literally being born from a single mother (possibly suggesting that the name has a literal meaning), as we see their harsh upbringing, constantly being drilled and trained to be hardened assassins. One of them, called Ashi (I think that's her name), seems to keep getting singled out in the sequences, suggesting she's not only their leader, but might have some impact on the plot of the final season.

All in all, it seems like this is shaping up to be an epic conclusion to the series. Epecially since the previews for next week's episode suggests he thinks the Daughter of Aku are robots as well. Being that in interviews, they're saying that Jack will have to deal with killing an actual person, and with Jack's clearly delicate mental state, this is going to be a darker story than we've seen before.

7. GearGades

Home Page:
    First episode in 10 years I think and it left me desiring for more, still, my brothers and I enjoyed every minute of it - but then again since S5 is the shows final season, so the episodes will be more organized as saga rather than a individualistic plot (i.e. different people with their own problems) and Jack stumbling upon them by chance and provides help.

I think the name of the Robot assassin was called Scaramouch(e)?. He and the 7 Sister Assassins were the highlight of the episode - and it let me desiring to know more on Jack's state of mind in the last 50 years.

8. Eradose

Eradose Katbox Forum Member

Home Page:
    Second episode recently ended, and we got a first look at Aku. It seems he's not at the "I don't really care anymore" point. He has confirmed all the time portals have been destroyed, and he originally was just going to wait out Jack, hoping he die of old age. Of course, he wasn't counting on the time magic making Jack not age (confirming the source of his immortality).

We also see Jack arguing with himself (or rather a hallucination of his self doubt). It tells him he has no hope, and the only honorable thing to do is end it all. Of course, he says there is always a way, and heads out to face his new threat.

The rest of the episode is a fight between him and the Daughters of Aku (which I won't go into detail, since it has to be seen for yourself), as well as an aside with an old wolf fighting alien beasts, which parallels Jack's struggles. The ending of the episode dose end with Jack killing one of them, but having no time to dwell on what he's done yet. I suspect the next episode will have him trying to come to grips with killing another human (as the creator has mentioned before as being one of the major plot developments in the final season).

9. Darth Dies

Darth Dies The Guardian

Watch it before it ends guys...

10. Radagast

Radagast Gallery Volunteer

By rights he shouldn't have much of an issue with it. He was trained at a time when robots hadn't even been imagined. They'd have had to at least try to psychologically prepare him for taking a life. And even after coming to the future he had fought and killed foes that easily passed as living creatures. Take Jack's fight against the metal eaters as a case in point. He sliced off one of their faces and was surprised to see the robotic shell underneath.

11. Darth Dies

Darth Dies The Guardian

Quick warning. This episode is rather graphic.

Jack has taken a stand againts the Daughters of Aku. The wolf survived and helped Jack.
    And Jack has a memory of the past when his father killed a few assassins.