Quotations Thread

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

16kindelbergerry

Galactic Traveller
May 16, 2016
Personal Text
TBD
"Americans are considered crazy anywhere in the world.
They will usually concede a basis for the accusation but point to California as the focus of the infection. Californians stoutly maintain that their bad reputation is derived solely from the acts of the inhabitants of Los Angeles County. Angelenos will, when pressed, admit the charge but explain hastily, 'It's Hollywood. It's not our fault, we didn't ask for it; Hollywood just grew.'
The people in Hollywood don't care; they glory in it. If you are interested, they will drive you up Laurel Canyon 'where we keep the violent cases.' The Canyonites — the brown-legged women, the trunks-clad men constantly busy building and rebuilding their slap-happy unfinished houses — regard with faint contempt the dull creatures who live down in the flats, and treasure in their hearts the secret knowledge that they, and only they, know how to live."
—And He Built a Crooked House, Robert A. Heinlein

A few quotes from Markiplier's recent playthroughs of Yandere Simulator.

~"The Cooking Club is the first way to win the hearts of all your friends. And they are your friends, no matter how much they scream they're not."

~"It's going to hurt my feelings andImightgoalittlecrazy if you don't take my food, and put it inside you."

~"This means I can win a fight with those Doushbags outside the school. I'm gonna show them what for for not accepting my spicy sausage.

...Not eating the hot dogs. That's what I wanted to say."

~"I'm going off to the other world! I'm gonna kill people! For fun!"

-"Repeat after me... I love sempai, yes I do! He's for me, not for you! I love sempai, yes I do! He's for me, not for you! I LOVE SEMPAI, YES I DO! HE'S FOR ME, NOT FOR YOU..."

Borderwolf

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 29, 2015
Oregon
Personal Text
Wise, witty, wolf.
Let's eat Grandmother.

Let's eat, Grandmother.

Remember, punctuation marks saves a life. - from another t-shirt I saw for sale

Merrick Rose

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 20, 2007
Tuscaloosa, AL
Personal Text
I like the way you die, boy.
"My son... A terrible darkness has returned to our world. As before, it seeks to annihilate everything that we hold dear. I go to face it, knowing that I may not return.

All my life, I have lived by the sword. I’ve seen kingdoms burn and watched brave heroes die in vain. It’s been difficult for me to trust after losing so much. But from you I have learned patience, tolerance, and faith.

Anduin, I now believe as you do that peace is the noblest aspiration.

But to preserve it, you must be willing to fight."
-Varian Wrynn, World of Warcraft: Legion

Merrick Rose

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 20, 2007
Tuscaloosa, AL
Personal Text
"You know something? I REALLY hate people. They're selfish, ignorant, loud, obnoxious pricks with basically no redeeming qualities whatsoever. I mean really, look at all they've achieved! Genocide, global warming, reality TV, and just a never ending parade of failures and fuckups! They are, without question, a complete write-off of a species, AND HOW DARE YOU MAKE ME CARE ABOUT THEM!!!!!!!"
-Kirito, Sword Art Online Abridged

Oh... this is... this is nice. This is the end. Okay... WHERE EXACTLY AM I? Um... Oh great. Here's the song. Oh good. Um.... There's some things that are still unresolved here guys! How do I get home? What do I eat? Was Rei my... my mom? Or... a clone? Or... Hell, was this all in my mind? What... what's an EVA? Is that sort of a Freudian thing, or...? Um... am I real? Oh hell... Does the bus run through here? I mean, I'd like to go home now, but... um... Oh god, where's home?

Okay, okay, okay. I mustn't run away. I mustn't run... Okay, I got that. Good. Okay. Now, if I were to run away, let's analyze that. WHERE THE FUCK WOULD I GO?! I'm on a big blue ball! Uh.... is this how you end the series? I mean, is this... "where we go from here"?

~Shinji's Rant outtake; Neon Genesis Evangelion

Merrick Rose

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 20, 2007
Tuscaloosa, AL
Personal Text
"Boss won't get off your back?

Girlfriend won't stop nagging you?

Did that fuckstick, Tiffany, sell you a bullshit dagger that broke almost immediately despite the fact you spent half your godddamn col on it?

Have you considered... Murder?"
-Laughing Coffin commercial, Sword Art Online Abridged

16kindelbergerry

Galactic Traveller
May 16, 2016
Personal Text
TBD
"Those who play with the devil's toys will be brought by degrees to wield his sword." -R. Buckminster Fuller; Opening quote for X-COM: Enemy Within

16kindelbergerry

Galactic Traveller
May 16, 2016
Personal Text
TBD
But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil, damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness...
...which could obviously be redeemed only by passing through the fiery, cleansing inferno of a wizardly digestive tract.
— Harry Dresden, Skin Game (The Dresden Files)

"Let me ask you something… What does it matter if you send me back to the asylum if it doesn’t matter to me? I’ve proven my point. Gordan’s been driven mad. I demonstrated there’s no difference between me and everyone else. All it takes is one bad day. That’s how far the world is from where I am. Just one… bad… day.

You had a bad day once, am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day, and everything changed. Dressing up like a flying rat doesn’t hide it, it screams it. You had a bad day, and it drove you crazy, just like everyone else. Only you won’t admit it! You had to keep pretending life made sense, that there’s a point to all this struggling. You make me want to puke.

I mean, what is it with you? What made you what you are? Girlfriend killed by the mob, maybe? Brother carved up by some mugger? Something like that, I know. Because something like that happened to me…

Sometimes I remember it one way, sometimes another. If I’m going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice. My point is…

I went crazy! And I’m smart enough to admit it! Why can’t you?! By clinging to reality, you denying the reality of the situation! I mean, do you ever think about how many times we’ve come close to World War III over a flock of of geese on a computer screen?! It’s silly because it’s all a joke! Everything anyone’s ever valued or struggled for… It’s monstrous! Why can’t you see the funny side?!

WHY AREN’T YOU LAUGHING?!"

~The Joker; The Killing Joke

F-Frost

Katbox Forum Member
Sep 1, 2016
f-frost.deviantart.com
"Uh, I'm sorry. Sometimes my emotions are like a disobedient pet, uncontrollable and often rolling in shit." Red from Penumbra. Those games have so many good quotes but they need a bit of context I'm afraid.

Atlas

Sep 19, 2016
Strange...alright fine...any quotations.

"What's there to say about poor Sammy Shrugs, now that he's fine for the worms and the bugs?"
"There never lived a patron so deeply devout, about courting the moonshine day in and day out."
"What a shame that when down-n-out of his luck, he thought he could snitch us out for a buck."
"Now is not my intention to sneer, harp n grouse..."
"BUT YOU SURE HAD IT COMING YA DIRTY OLD LOUSE."
-Rocky Rickaby.

Darth Dies

The Guardian
Feb 25, 2016
Unknown
"You're not half as clever as you think you are."
"Still makes me smarter than you!"-Cercei and Tyrion.

"Knowlege...is Power!"
"Power...is power.."-Peter "Littelfinger" Baelysh and Cercei
[doublepost=1475096574,1474431960][/doublepost]"You think you-....No! You believe yourself high and mighty...when you're just a mere petty worm under the feet of those you think are below you!"

Merrick Rose

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 20, 2007
Tuscaloosa, AL
Personal Text
"Let me ask you something… What does it matter if you send me back to the asylum if it doesn’t matter to me? I’ve proven my point. Gordan’s been driven mad. I demonstrated there’s no difference between me and everyone else. All it takes is one bad day. That’s how far the world is from where I am. Just one… bad… day.

You had a bad day once, am I right? I know I am. I can tell. You had a bad day, and everything changed. Dressing up like a flying rat doesn’t hide it, it screams it. You had a bad day, and it drove you crazy, just like everyone else. Only you won’t admit it! You had to keep pretending life made sense, that there’s a point to all this struggling. You make me want to puke.

I mean, what is it with you? What made you what you are? Girlfriend killed by the mob, maybe? Brother carved up by some mugger? Something like that, I know. Because something like that happened to me…

Sometimes I remember it one way, sometimes another. If I’m going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice. My point is…

I went crazy! And I’m smart enough to admit it! Why can’t you?! By clinging to reality, you denying the reality of the situation! I mean, do you ever think about how many times we’ve come close to World War III over a flock of of geese on a computer screen?! It’s silly because it’s all a joke! Everything anyone’s ever valued or struggled for… It’s monstrous! Why can’t you see the funny side?!

WHY AREN’T YOU LAUGHING?!"

~The Joker; The Killing Joke
"Because I've heard it all before...

And it WASN'T funny the first time."
[doublepost=1476079637,1475746378][/doublepost]"I have stood knee deep in mud and bone and filled my lungs with mustard gas. I have seen two brothers fall. I have lain with holy wars and copulated with the autumnal fallout. I have dug trenches for the refugees. I have murdered dissidents where the ground never thaws and starved the masses into faith. A child's shadow burnt into the brickwork. A house of skulls in the jungle. The innocent, the innocent, Mandus, trod and bled and gassed and starved and beaten and murdered and enslaved. This is your coming century! They will eat them, Mandus! They will make pigs of you all and they will bury their snouts into your ribs and they will eat your hearts!"
-The Engineer, Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
[doublepost=1476328093][/doublepost]"You people speak of family. Like you know what that word means. But you were born into yours. You never had to go looking for some place to belong. Never had to bleed in a jungle just to find your real brothers. Never had to turn your back on God just so someone would finally treat you like a son. Family. To you it's just a goddamned last name. If you knew what family really meant... You never would have fucked with mine."
-Lincoln Clay, Mafia III

Hoppy

Fuzzy Old Guy
Sep 2, 2013
Northern Illinois
Personal Text
"Growing OLD is mandatory, but growing UP is entirely optional."
I’m not aware that Epimeliads are green, I just needed the visual continuity between Sydney’s pitch and the one in the mini-comic. BTW, I had never heard of Epimeliads until I saw them in a smutty comic. Some guy wandering through the woods, is confronted by a trio, correctly guesses what kind of forest fey they are, and is rewarded for his efforts, and then the trio is rewarded by his efforts… you know. The point is, sometimes smut is educational. ~~DaveB of Grrl Power, from his blog of 10/17/16

Merrick Rose

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 20, 2007
Tuscaloosa, AL
Personal Text
"Look. I might be books in and books out, but that's because I want something better for my son instead of surviving off prize money and welfare. Now I know that I can't stop him. But if he fights and gets hurt or, god forbid, dies, and any of you could've stopped it... There's NO dragon in this universe that will save you from me."
-Chi-Chi, Dragon Ball Z Abridged