Quotations Thread

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

Merrick Rose

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 20, 2007
Tuscaloosa, AL
Personal Text
I like the way you die, boy.
"P is for Priceless, the look upon your faces.
E is for Extinction, all your puny races.
R for Rrrrrevolution, which will be televised.
F is for how F** ked you are. Now allow me to reprise...
E is for Eccentric. Just listen to my song.
C is for Completion that I've waited for so long!
T is for the Terror upon you I'll bestow.

My name is Perfect Cell. And I'd like to say... Hello."
-Perfect Cell, Dragon Ball Z Abridged

Last edited:

Merrick Rose

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 20, 2007
Tuscaloosa, AL
Personal Text
"Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil; Prayer, fasting, good works and so on. Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun. Eat leaden death, demon..."
-Terry Pratchett

Merrick Rose

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 20, 2007
Tuscaloosa, AL
Personal Text
"War... War never changes.

In the year 1945, my great-great grandfather, serving in the army, wondered when he'd get to go home to his wife and the son he'd never seen. He got his wish when the U.S ended World War II by dropping atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. The world awaited Armageddon...

But instead, something miraculous happened. We began to use atomic energy not as a weapon, but as a nearly limitless source of power. People enjoyed luxuries once thought the realm of science fiction: domestic robots, fusion-powered cars, portable computers.

But then, in the 21st century, people awoke from the American Dream. Years of consumption led to shortages of nearly every major resource. The entire world unraveled. Peace became a distant memory.

It is now the year 2077. We stand on the brink of total war... And I am afraid. For myself, for my wife, for my infant son. Because if my time in the army taught me one thing, it's that war...

War never changes."
-Opening narrative, Fallout 4

Last edited:

16kindelbergerry

Galactic Traveller
May 16, 2016
Personal Text
TBD
Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.
-Men At Arms, Discworld

Vimes: “Are you Death?”

It's the scythe, isn't it. People always notice the scythe.
Vimes: “I’m going to die?”
Possibly.
Vimes: “Possibly? You turn up when people are possibly going to die?”
Oh yes. It's quite the new thing. It's because of the uncertainty principle.
Vimes: "What’s that?”
I'm not sure.
Vimes: “That’s very helpful.”
I think it means people may or may not die. I have to say it's playing hob with my schedule, but I try to keep up with modern thought.
-Death & Samuel Vimes, The Fifth Elephant, Discworld

Last edited:

Radagast

Gallery Volunteer
Feb 29, 2012
A closed mind is a good thing to lose.
- Anonymous

May no portents of evil be attached to what I say.
- Anonymous

Write a wise saying and your name will live forever.
-Anonymous

I am a Marxist--of the Groucho tendency.
-Anonymous (French origin?)

Condense soup, not books!
-Anonymous

You love flowers, but you cut them. You love animals, but you eat them. You tell me you love me, so now I'm scared!
-Anonymous

Eschew obfuscation.
-Anonymous

Wow, this "Anonymous" fellow has a lot of quotes!
-Anonymous

Darth Dies

The Guardian
Feb 25, 2016
Unknown
"You summon and kill, summon and kill. I fail to see the logic here! Is...sanity... the price to pay... for power!?"
-Dante (Tony Redgrave) , Devil May Cry
"The Devil May Cry...but he will never weep"
-Me 2014
[doublepost=1464347485,1464347127][/doublepost]"If I wanted witts I'd marry you!"
-Bronn to Tyrion in his cell

"My name is Optimus Prime. ...And I'm no longer leader of the Autobots.

For a millennia, and across the galaxy, I fought for freedom. The right of all sentient beings.

I was born into war. One that I thought would never end. But I was wrong. It was perhaps the dawn of the Combiner Wars that lead to my revelation that the war could not be won. The weapons we used to destroy one another endlessly grow stronger.

How long until our combat destroyed cities?
Continents?
Our planets?

I gathered my forces once again. I told them it would come down to this...

Myself verses Megatron.
For one final time.
One shall stand, one shall fall.

Little did they know how true that would become..."

Optimus Prime; Prelude to Combiner Wars: Part 1

fennec

The Reclining Viking
Katbox Patreon
Oct 11, 2013
Australia
Personal Text
I regret nothing
"What do you mean it's not allowed? if you don't want to get stabbed in the back, don't give me the bloody chance" - my brother in a re-enactment fight.

Merrick Rose

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 20, 2007
Tuscaloosa, AL
Personal Text
"Oh, Prince... I am proud. Not of that, no. But of you. It takes a big man (not necessarily a tall one) to do what you did; sticking to your guns and throwing everyone's lives away! And for that, I tip my... Huh. What IS that on my head? Would you call it a crown? 16, would you call this a crown? ...We'll call it a crown."
-Perfect Cell, Dragon Ball Z Abridged

Last edited: