Quotations Thread

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

Eradose

Outside contributer, not comunuty member.
Jun 1, 2009
www.furaffinity.net
Cyberpunk 1: I ain't no rat. I don't know nothing, and I haven't seen nothing.

Cyberpunk 2: Cargo ship? No, no, no! I was meeting a girl there, met her on Match-dot-Com, right? She seemed really cool. So I went to the Paradise Lost bar, and I ordered myself a drink, and then I ordered an appletini for her, you know, when she would showed up. But then she texted me, she was all like "Oh, I'll be there in like 20 minutes". Then I... I keep waiting, but then she doesn't show up, and her appletini gets warm, so I go ahead and drink that. But then, you know, what if she showed up? So I have to order another appletini, and I'm just sitting there, and I'm waiting, I'm waiting, I'm texting, I ain't hear nothing from her. So finally I have to drink that appletini cause it's getting warm, cause the last thing I want to do is make a bad impression by giving her a hot drink. So the next thing you know, I've had about seven appletinis, and I'm sitting there, and I'm like "Holy crap, I've been stood up again", can you believe it? I mean... anyway... So, I'm about to leave, and I pay my check, and then BOOM! There's this huge explosion! And I didn't see nothing, I was... I was in the can at the time, so I... I don't know guys... I.. I'm at a loss. All I know is that I got stood up on a date, and I really, REALLY, like appletinis.

Cyberpunk 3
: Okay guys, I'll tell you everything. They guy who hired us, his name is Silvershark. I'll give you the names, and I'll give you the phone numbers of absolutely everyone that was on the job, or anyone else that I might know that you might need, okay? It was just a simple job, I just needed the money so I wouldn't have a vending machine gun, you got to believe me! I didn't mean to hurt anybody, I didn't mean for that thing to explode! I can't go to jail, guys! I'll tell you what, I'll suck your D***, and I'll suck your D***, I'll suck all your D***s! Please! I can't go to jail! I'm to pretty!

~Cyberpunk 2020 Cabin Fever review

David

Feb 16, 2019
R’lyeh
Some lines from lesser known music:

"Now I stride all alone
Through the grey halls of stone
Inside my fortress"
- Maybebop, Fortress

"I met you in the darkness, you shivered and you cried...
You looked so pretty, with tears in your eyes"
- Blutengel, Soul Of Ice

"Did you think this world was real
Realize this was the deal"
- Xandria, She's Nirvana

"Empty is my name and I am right"
- Xandria, A New Age

smartekno

Mar 13, 2019
"Teachings that do not speak of pain have no meaning. Because humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return."
-Opening narrative, https://www.zetaclearcenter.com/ Fullmetal Alchemist
I'm with you brother. Here's something in tone with your quote:

"I can create a world without war. I can make a world without alcohol or drugs. Without hate or jealousy. But then it wouldn't be the world we live in. Nothing would be learned, nothing would be gained. We wouldn't advance as species" (Avengers Vol 4 #12)

Feb 16, 2019
R’lyeh
Something from a not very recent movie:

"We think too much, and feel too little.
More than machinery, we need humanity.
More that cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness.
Without these qualities life will be violent, and all will be lost."
(The Great Dictator - Jewish Barber (C. Chaplin))