1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!
    Dismiss Notice

Pyre, the Third Game from Supergiant Games

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by White Tiger, Apr 23, 2016.

1. White Tiger

White Tiger Swiggity swooty. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Global Moderator

I've been a fan of Supergiant Games since I played their debut title, Bastion. That game had gorgeous art, an amazing soundtrack, and pretty decent gameplay -- all of which contributed to making the game one of the top indie titles of the year, when it came out.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that the awesome folks at Supergiant just released the trailer for their latest project, called Pyre. It has the same awesome aesthetic that games like Bastion and Transistor had, and the gameplay looks somewhat intriguing -- albeit its a little too soon for me to make a final conclusion.

For those that haven't had the pleasure of trying a Supergiant game, give either Bastion or Transistor a try. Both are solid indie titles with wonderful soundtracks that make them well worth your time and money.
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 23, 2016, Original Post Date: Apr 19, 2016 ---
    Just as I had hoped, Internet game commentator Totalbiscuit was given the opportunity to check out Pyre while at PAX East.

The footage shown is likely beta, or even alpha, footage, so a lot could change between now and the end product. Regardless, I think the game looks very unique both in terms of storytelling and gameplay style. Just as with Transistor, it would appear that Pyre is going to have a rather unique combat system — which appears to look like something of a sport or competitive game of some kind.

2. Jasae Bushae

Jasae Bushae Silly lovestruck nutter

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Plushies are fun~! ^.^
    They have really struck gold working out how to incorporate story in a video game. The narrator method really has become an iconic thing for them.

3. White Tiger

White Tiger Swiggity swooty. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Global Moderator

Although it's been over a year since the thread was made, I'm giving it a bump because the game is finally out!

I picked it up, today, and put in a little bit of time. The writing is intriguing (so far), the art and music are stellar, and the gameplay is actually fun and challenging.

4. Jasae Bushae

Jasae Bushae Silly lovestruck nutter

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Plushies are fun~! ^.^
    I hope this game ends up on the switch one day. I woupd love to play this on the go.