Post-Apocolyptic RP (IC Thread)

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

Shataivian

Don't forget to smile. It looks better on you ^_^
Nov 15, 2015
Idaho
www.furaffinity.net
The sky had just began to brighten with the sun not yet peeking over the horizon. Osias laid flat on the ground which was covered with a thin layer of snow and ice. He rested his crossbow on the fallen tree in front of him and steadied his breath. This part of the woods was usually a good spot to hunt for some breakfast: a squirrel, a raccoon, anything that would pass by. The morning was the best time to hunt since the demons seemed to be more active once the sun had set. Osias waited patiently without moving for what may have been the better half of an hour before his tufted ear twitched.

"Who's out there?!" Osias's voice had power and a bit of smokeiness to it. He knew the sound he heard wasn't that of a small creature. Someone or something was approaching. When no one responded, Osias tightened his grip on the trigger of his crossbow. "I'm not gonna ask you again! Now respond or die!"

Zenchi Raven

Sly coopers brother vixent cooper....tell no one.
Dec 4, 2013
A dark cloaked and gas masked figure showed itself seeming to radiate power like a demon, its mask pointed directly at Osias, the scythe on its back shining against the snows reflective light before tossing him a small bag containing two rabbits inside, the black leath cloak swayed some with a powdery breeze that covered her from sight, then the figure then was gone without a trace. it soon appeared in a destroyed building hidden from sight and let a small fox kit in its cloak poke its head out with a smile the small beastkin knew to teleport and breath fire which she used mostly but loved it like a pet. she kissed it through a small part of her mask before putting the mask on and watching the man with the crossbow from a distance hidden away nicely from sight keeping warm with the small demon fox in her cloak

TheGentleman

The Dapper Gent
Apr 28, 2014
Right here
Personal Text
Where is the Dapper emoticon
Aldo was sleeping in a tree when he was woken up by what he thought was someone yelling. Clearing the fog from his thoughts he hopped down from his perch in search of whatever was making that noise. Keeping his footsteps quiet he headed in the general direction of the noise.

Shataivian

Nov 15, 2015
Idaho
www.furaffinity.net
Osais groaned as he came to his feet. "The hell was that?" he mumbled to himself. He took an arrow and jabbed it into the bag to test for booby traps. He then lifted it off the ground, still attached to the arrow, and held it to his nose. "Rabbit?" Slightly amused, Osias chuckled to himself. "Who the heck was that guy?"
[doublepost=1449171074,1448680334][/doublepost]Osias held the rabbit by its hinde legs and pulled his arrow out of it. Unaware of which direction the mysterious figure went, Osias called out. "Hey, mister! Thanks for the..." Osias stopped shouting when he realized he was doing just that. "Real smart, Si." he said quietly to himself. "Let everyone hear you."

Osias then held the rabbit over his shoulder and started for town. "I'm ahead of my schedule thanks to that guy." he murmured. His thoughts continued to process what had happened. Who was that guy? Maybe he'd be a great hunting partner. Would having a hunting partner be a good idea? The answers didn't matter. The mysterious figure had disappeared without a trace. All Osias could do now is head back to town and hope his shouting didn't land him into trouble.

TheGentleman

The Dapper Gent
Apr 28, 2014
Right here
Personal Text
Aldo found where he thought the yelling had come from checking the surrounding area he found evidence of something humanoid having been in the area. After looking around for a few minutes he decided that it was about time he got something to eat and he left to go back to town.

Zenchi Raven

Dec 4, 2013
The dark figure went off her own way through everything she wanted to follow them and so began running seeing she was keen to keep her distance and follow Osias however when she reached the town she hid and never entered the town she only watched

Shataivian

Nov 15, 2015
Idaho
www.furaffinity.net
Osais found a seat in a decrepit restaurant and sat by the blasted-out window. He placed the rabbit on the table before him and pulled his sharp pocket knife out. The idea was to skin the rabbit and eat it raw since there wasn't enough time to cook it there, out in the open. However, Osias sat quietly. His hand hovered over the rabbit and his eyes focused off into the distance. He didn't want to admit it, but the thought of rejoining a group of survivors seemed to be all he could think about. Though the mysterious figure didn't seem to be a part of a larger group, Osias wondered about the possibility. After losing everyone in the last group he was a part of, he was hesitant to want to join a new group. But the benefits far out-weigh the risks., and so he made his discussion. He could find that mysterious figure and convince them to allow him to join with them and their potential group. After all, there's strength in numbers, right?

He packed away his rabbit, ready to go on his search. But suddenly his ear twitched. "Shit." he whispered to himself. He had the feeling someone had followed him. But perhaps this was a good thing. Perhaps this was that same mysterious figure from before. He stood up and chuckled to himself. "Well, thanks for making this search easy for me." Osias moved to the middle of the crumbling courtyard and sat by the dried out fountain. "So, thanks for the rabbit!" he called out. "I'd love to talk with you." He waited there in the open in the hopes that the mysterious figure would respond to him, of course, if that actually was the mysterious figure who he felt was following him

TheGentleman

The Dapper Gent
Apr 28, 2014
Right here
Personal Text
Aldo was sharpening his knives in a trailer that he had made camp in when he spied movement near this old fountain thinking it could be an animal he went over to investigate.

Zenchi Raven

Dec 4, 2013
The girl watched in the distance in a building next to the fountain. She was on the roof, and found little sollace in the mans words however soon saw the negatives in his yelling as she saw an approaching patrol. she began argueing with herself and her good willed nature won over as she pet the demonic kit in her jacket and teleported to the fountain. She stayed silent and unmoving behind the man and looked him over thinking where to take him.

Shataivian

Nov 15, 2015
Idaho
www.furaffinity.net
Osias sat at the fountain with his arms crossed. His yelling was a risk he hated taking. Was he insane? he'd ask himself. This could easily get out of hand. Plus, he realized, he hadn't exactly eaten yet.

"Si, you idiot." he berated himself in a whisper. "Why the f*** would anyone trust me after a stunt like-" His ear then twitched. Someone was there. He stayed still. The looming presence over him, though he was use to this felling, forced a rush of adrenaline to well up in his throat, stopping his breath for a moment before plummeting down to the pit of his stomach. This feeling seemed to paralize him. There was nothing he could do now. He used this paralyzing feeling to hold himself still. He spoke softly.

"You obviously don't wish to kill me." He spoke to the mysterious figure standing behind him, hoping it was the same figure that gave him the rabbit. His hands seemed to shake from the urge to reach for the crossbow on his back. But at his position, he had no chance in caching this person off gaurd. He needed to assess the situation, and quick. "So let's talk."

Zenchi Raven

Dec 4, 2013
Osias would feel hands on his mouth and around his arms before a large surge of strength, then emptyness as if falling through sapce. his eyes would register the area around him disapearing then showing a completely different spot way high up, it was a half broken sky scraper the top half had fallen long ago and the mysterious figure watched an approaching group of demons to the spot they were just at and look around, she then sits down to show the small fox demon she held which looked drained of strength and needed air to cool

TheGentleman

The Dapper Gent
Apr 28, 2014
Right here
Personal Text
Aldo showed up at the fountain just as he saw two figures disappear. As he looked around him he saw a group of demons the same time they noticed him. "well F*ck!" he exclaimed as he took off in the opposite direction the demons giving chase.

Shataivian

Nov 15, 2015
Idaho
www.furaffinity.net
(I'm assuming Osias and Rachel are together in the same place, correct? If not let me know and I'll change my post)
Osias spun around to find the mysterious figure with her pet in her lap. His crossbow was unholstered and pointed right at her. "What the f***?!" She didn't seem to be on the attack, but Osias kept his crossbow aimed at her. His eyes darted back and forth between the figure and his surroundings as he circled around her. When he could make out the fountain below and the demons running past it, his gun dropped a little. "You saved me?" He asked softly. The demons all seemed to be running in a particular direction. With his back towards the figure, Osias peered through the scope of the crossbow and scanned the area just before the horde. He was able to make out a figure running from the horde. "S**t!" He tightened his grip around the trigger of the crossbow but did not fire an arrow. The crossbow was not meant for long distances. He grunted and made his way towards the figure behind him. He stood tall above her and held the crossbow to her head. "Listen. I don't know what you did to save me, but ya gotta do it again. There's someone down there that needs our help." This was his fault. The demons where only there because Osias couldn't keep quiet. He would do anything to keep his mistake from taking the life of another. He'd hope his bluff would work on this mysterious figure. However, he was ready to go down there himself if she wouldn't help.

Zenchi Raven

Dec 4, 2013
The figure sighed it seemed. She made a gesture that showed she was tired and held osias back pointing at the oncoming human gang

TheGentleman

The Dapper Gent
Apr 28, 2014
Right here
Personal Text
Aldo cut several corners and led the demon horde to a dead end alley pulling out a large knife he turned to face the horde in a semi controlled environment that limited the numbers of how many could attack him at once when the first demon rounded the corner he struck lighting fast driving his knife through its skull killing it smiling to himself he chuckled and started to take on the rest.

Shataivian

Nov 15, 2015
Idaho
www.furaffinity.net
Osias swatted at her hand when the mysterious figure pulled him back. "Listen if you're not going to help 'em, I will." He muscled passed her towards a point where he could see the group of humans she was trying to point out to him. Looking on to them, he was unsure of what the humans were doing or whether or not they had saw the other who was in trouble. However, he did notice that the one being chased by the demons had disappeared. "S**t." he yelled to himself. Upon further inspection he could spot a few straggling demons turning a corner. "There!" He called out. Osias then turned back to the figure and loomed over her. "Listen, thank you for saving me and for the rabbit. You clearly don't want to kill me. But I ain't just gonna sit here while someone dies thanks to my stupidity. So you can either sit here or follow me."

He turned his back towards her and headed for the rusted fire escape. The best and quickest way down would be fore him to climb over the outside of the fire escape and drop down, level by level. He took a deep breath and began his descent. The metal frame rattled, squeaked, and clanged every time Osias dropped and caught the railing of the next level below ~let go, drop, rattle-clang-squeak, let go, drop, don't miss, don't fall, rattle-clang-squeak~, but all he could hear was the sound of his own racing heartbeat. With caution thrown to the wind, though, he continued down to rectify his wrongdoings.

Last edited:

Zenchi Raven

Dec 4, 2013
The figure stayed, seeing no point but instead watched the demons soon seeing the first die shot fire at the killer who stabbed and killed the leader only to be side swiped as other humans attacked them "COME ON GET OUT OF THERE" one man yelled at Aldo seeing he now had a chance to get free. The people had done a number but soon faced a threat as one demon could absorb dead to enlarge and grow but at the rate he was riddled with gunfire he was soon taken care of as well. The small patrol looked to Aldo. In some cheer "good to see your alright. We're one of the cityscape patrols. The towns nervy if your looking for safety." The leader said wearing a coat and some other clothes in layers to keep warm. As for the figure she only watched.

She loomed at the fire escape before swinging off it and landing on a demon with a gentle landing and soon finding osias. She stood hidin, wh ugh dud the human in treat her? She would not know but for one thing he needed safety. And with that found him and pulled him into the nearest building before he could reach aldo. However she didn't see that the building she entered had a slumbering demon bear inside. She had her hand over osias mouth keeping him silent, as she watched the patrol and then dragged Osias with her away.

Shataivian

Nov 15, 2015
Idaho
www.furaffinity.net
Osias wanted desperately to fight her for holding him back, but he was in no condition to do so. His arms shakes and quivered. He was out of breath, too. There was no way he had the energy to fight against her, let alone a horde of demons. His body relaxed as he allowed the idea that he had failed fill his thoughts. Unaware of the condition Aldo was in, Osias fell into dispare.

TheGentleman

The Dapper Gent
Apr 28, 2014
Right here
Personal Text
Aldo sheathed his knife and looked at the people who had killed the rest of the demons " thanks for the help." he said jogging off towards the fountain looking for any evidence of the people who disappeared earlier. Crouching down and examining the ground he walked the perimeter of the fountain "where the he'll did you go?" he asked under his breath

Zenchi Raven

Dec 4, 2013
The small group of fighters followed Aldo with some curiosity. "Something happen freind?" The leader asked

Meanwhile the mysterious figure had arrived at a large building upon closer inspection it was only two stories tall but she didn't take him up, but down into a basement bunker that was warmed and secluded it delved five stories deeper and had many different rooms as if it was to be a fallout shelter. She let osias go by laying him in a bed before she walked to a wall and began to take off the gear showing who she really was underneath and letting a few small demon foxes run about happily before they joined actual foxes that raised the small ones.
The figure was a girl underneath, she held a large fox tail and ears to match. Her eyes were purple and defiantly vulpine bit other than that she was human also

Shataivian

Nov 15, 2015
Idaho
www.furaffinity.net
Osais examined the vixen an scoffed. "Forgive me. I was a bit misogynistic." When she looked at him, Osais responded with, "I thought you were a man. Not that it makes any difference." He sat up in the bed with his head leaning against his finger tips. "Why?" he asked her. "Why couldn't you let me save him?"

TheGentleman

The Dapper Gent
Apr 28, 2014
Right here
Personal Text
"I am not sure." Aldo answered. "do you guys think you can help me look around this area for any other signs of someone living around here?" he asked the group.

Zenchi Raven

Dec 4, 2013
the vixen was silent a moment "h---he was going to be fine anyhow" she said softly as she pet her pets that snuggled close to her happily

meanwhile the group nodded "very well sir well look aorund however we need to return to our outpost soon to report you should head with us." the man said before helping aldo they would find faint signs but they were eratic there and not there, no trails.

Shataivian

Nov 15, 2015
Idaho
www.furaffinity.net
Osias clasped his hands. "No offens, ma'am, but that's a load of bull." He stood up from his bed and made his way towards her. "Every time someone tells me they'll be 'fine': every time I hear that everything will be 'fine': every f**king single time, they end up dead... Or missing!" Osias stood directly in front of the vixen. "So, please, enlighten me, ma'am. How do you know he's 'fine?'" he stood waiting for the inevitable answer he was sure she'd say.

Zenchi Raven

Dec 4, 2013
the vixen swayed her tail and looked at Osias, "The man will be with a outpost patrol that knows the land, they saved him from the demons and will most likely take him to outpost" she said as she moved to sit across Osias "They are group 4, they always help others" she said