Post-Apocalyptic RP (OOC Thread)

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

Shataivian

Don't forget to smile. It looks better on you ^_^
Nov 15, 2015
Idaho
www.furaffinity.net
So looks like we have a winner. I have here just a basic RP character sheet. You guys can use it if you like and use some or all of the categories to describe your character (again if you want). I'll let people fill this out as they want and once we get everyone we can get started. Also feel free to jump right in if you're coming to this RP late. New characters who spring up out of nowhere are always welcome ^_~

So far the idea is that we are in a post-apocalyptic world that was cause by a demonic plague that mutated the various wildlife (and some domesticated animals) and caused them to evolve into some beastkin-like demons (Courtesy of KarlSupreme). I'm thinking we start here and build from it. (If I'm missing anything or should add something to this let me know)

Template
Name:
Nickname(s):
Eyes:
Hair Color:
Hair Style:
Clothing:
Appearance:
Sexuality:
Type of Work:
Personality:
History:
Weapons:
Abilities:
Weaknesses:

Mine
Name:
Osias (pronounced oh-sigh-us)
Nickname(s): Si (pronounced Sigh)
Race/Species: Siberian lynx
Height: 6' 2"
Eyes: Green
Hair Color: Black
Hair Style: Long down just past his shoulders, messy bangs
Clothing: Black suede coat, dark scarf, dark cargo pants, black boots.
Appearance: Whitish fur with hints of light brown. Markings like a Siberian lynx. Broad shoulders. Mostly muscular with a bit of a stomach. He also has a scar starting from the bottom of his left ear, down his neck, and across his collar bone to his right shoulder.
Sexuality: Straight
Type of Work: Hunter
Personality: Intelligent, surprisingly accepting of this new world, will join a group but will not hesitate to use others to his advantage, and if someone does something he doesn't agree with he will combat them or not do what they ask him to.
History: He was a member of a group of survivors lead by a man who acted before thinking. Their group decided to take refuge in an abandoned hospital. Osias thought this was a poor idea since that is where most of the sick were sent once this demonic outbreak began. He would have combated the leader but feared that he would be forced to leave the group. One night at this hospital the group was attacked by beastly demons. Everyone in the group was killed. Osias was scratched from his face down to his chest by one of the beastly demons, but managed to escape. The same demon who left the scar still lives now. Osias has no intention in seeking revenge on this demon. He takes this encounter as a life lesson and plans to move forward and stay alive. But the thought of him possibly transforming into one of them after this attack haunts him.
Weapons: Any weapon he can get his hands onto, but favors the crossbow.
Abilities: Night vision
Weaknesses: He has low stamina and can't run or travel for long periods of time.

As we're moving forward, there are a couple of things I want to go over just to keep things running smooth.

1)no god-mode-ing.
a) You can not control another character beyond small movements. No controlling their speech or actions.
b) if a character seems to be able to solve any problem with little to no effort, this is god-mode-ing. It's no fun and just not fair.
c) no power playing. This is where a RPer continuously tries to push the story to make their character the best or the hero. It might help if you can come up with a few weaknesses for your character.
2) A good part of improv is agreeing with what someone else is saying. Don't undo what another RPer has written. If they say there was rustling in the bushes, then the characters should act accordingly.
3) with that being said, try to stay within context. Don't add things to the story that will make the other RPers scratch their heads (unless you have a really good reason for it and you explain it well).
4) please write in complete sentences and try to use good grammar.
5) Let's try to keep this story PG13. Blood is fine and some romantic implications are also allowed.
6) Anything you write that is out of context (ie you want to talk to someone or say something outside of the RP) please use parenthesis.

In the end, be fair to the other players and have fun!

Last edited:

TheGentleman

The Dapper Gent
Apr 28, 2014
Right here
Personal Text
Where is the Dapper emoticon
Name: Aldo
Nickname(s):
Race/Species: Human (mutant)
Height:6,0
Eyes: hazel
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Hair Style: buzzed on the sides and cropped short on top
Clothing: Leather Jacket jeans and boot and a beanie with a skull and crosses on it and a newsboy cap
Appearance: White with 2 tattoos on his right arm and 2 piercings in his right ear and 1 in his left
Sexuality: Straight
Type of Work: Fighter/Scout
Personality: He is a pretty laid back guy but can be rather blunt when speaking and is rather apathetic about a lot of things mildly sadistic and willing to go to any extremes if it will further his goals he likes to collect edged weapons
History: He was the last survivor of a town that was wiped out by the raiders having been spared death by being locked in the basement of his house when he finally managed to muster the courage to crawl out of the hole he was in only to see his town burned to the ground he vowed that he would never hide like a coward again and set out to not only survive but thrive learning how to fight by teaching himself and learning from passers by he learned to survive but not yet thrive.
Weapons: Karambit fixed blade and folder as well as a dagger, and small sword, garrote, and one otf knife and a few other knives and weapons he has hidden on him.
Abilities: Stealthy, CQC expert, and tracking he is a lot stronger than he looks has minor healing abilities and enhanced physical abilities expert at getting information
[doublepost=1448510249,1448508020][/doublepost]Can we be humans

Last edited:

KarlSupreme

He who loves Succubi and Anthros.
Name: Karaius (pronounced Car-aye-oos)
Nickname(s): Kar, Oni, The Oni Mage.
Race/Species: Human (mutant)
Height: 5'8"
Eyes:blue (slightly glowing)
Hair Color: reddish brown
Hair Style: short trimmed
Clothing: blue leather vest over a white, medium sleeve shirt. Black jeans and metal-plated boots. Underneath all of it he wears some sort of nano-armor.
Appearance: white, average-look build with a slightly muscular appearance.
Sexuality: straight
Type of Work: Battle Mage/ Lesser Demon tamer.
Personality: he is mostly a outgoing person...however, he can become vicious if someone harms anyone he considers a friend. Owns a Ratling Imp as a pet/familiar and has sometimes had friendly encounters with mammalian succubi.
History: Karaius wasn't always an adventurer. before the plague, he was merely a janitor at a small chain restaurant. He had been stuck living in a single city since the economy pre-plague was not good on the poor guy's wallet and could not travel beyond the city as often as he would like. When the plague hit, it had some interesting effects on a few of the human survivors...one of which was Karaius. his body developed a more fit form and developed the ability to use magic. After the government fell, he realized he had to fend for himself and felt his newfound abilities could help out in that aspect. Thus, he started his life as an adventurer.
Weapons: Usually prefers to use his brass knuckles and magic. However, he is not above using guns/explosives.
Abilities: Mixed Martial Arts, Elemental Magic, and demon behavior analysis (which helps him with taming lesser demons).

Last edited:

Shataivian

Nov 15, 2015
Idaho
www.furaffinity.net
As we're moving forward, there are a couple of things I want to go over just to keep things running smooth.

1)no god-mode-ing.
a) You can not control another character beyond small movements. No controlling their speech or actions.
b) if a character seems to be able to solve any problem with little to no effort, this is god-mode-ing. It's no fun and just not fair.
c) no power playing. This is where a RPer continuously tries to push the story to make their character the best or the hero. It might help if you can come up with a few weaknesses for your character.
2) A good part of improv is agreeing with what someone else is saying. Don't undo what another RPer has written. If they say there was rustling in the bushes, then the characters should act accordingly.
3) with that being said, try to stay within context. Don't add things to the story that will make the other RPers scratch their heads (unless you have a really good reason for it and you explain it well).
4) please write in complete sentences and try to use good grammar.
5) Let's try to keep this story PG13. Blood is fine and some romantic implications are also allowed.
6) Anything you write that is out of context (ie you want to talk to someone or say something outside of the RP) please use parenthesis.

In the end, be fair to the other players and have fun!

(I'm also going to post this in my first post for newcomers to read)

Zenchi Raven

Sly coopers brother vixent cooper....tell no one.
Dec 4, 2013
Name: Rachel violet Hampstead
Nickname(s):Reaper or vixen
Race/Species: demonic infected human/fox
Height:5'10
Eyes:purple
Hair Color: black with an orange tinge
Hair Style: varies
Clothing: brown shirt, camo cargo pants and navy uniform
Appearance: usually seen in her black hooded overcoat wearing a military gasmask and black cargos with boots. Speaking through the mask and seen like this shes taken on as a guy.

however under all that shes a human girl with a few fox features and quite the figure to boost, her clothes only go to show shes hiding the tail and ears showing her past.

Sexuality: Bisexual
Type of Work: None, Is a rogue scavenger and engineer
Personality: depends on how she feels, when huding shes silent seeing best to hide herself and not draw attention but once known shes actually nice,curious and caring

History: before the apocalypse reaper 3 as she was known was a navy soldier that mastered engineering skills in the field. She lived alone and owned a pet fox which she loved dearly. The day everything went off to nothing and the plague struck she was alone in her room hugging her pet scared as two major demons found her and her pet seeing little kindness they infected her pet to become beastkin however during the change it fused with her to stop and gave her the demonic abilities it would have gained and left her passed out seemingly dead. When she came too she forgot and slowly remembered the event. Now she holds her own staying away from human survivors only helping those who need it.

Weapons:custom Scythe, navy Mp5, a scimitar and a mauser broomhandle pistol
Abilities: Demonic leadership (control large demons for fights, heightened senses, strength and speed, navy training
Weaknesses: demon lords, and most other anti demonic weapons. Shes not unkillable her major weakness is her own memory which has been used to control her by demon lords to kill people

Hows this? Good?

Zenchi Raven

Dec 4, 2013
Being demonic she can call to other demons to fight for her is all that means but she cant go over a certain size of demon and can only call 2 to help her, this allows her to use other powers those demons use so long as shes with one. Being part demon she has enhanced senses strength and speed and still remembers her military training. if shes not with a demon she doesnt have any powers to use making her a normal demon lady.

better?

Shataivian

Nov 15, 2015
Idaho
www.furaffinity.net
Being demonic she can call to other demons to fight for her is all that means but she cant go over a certain size of demon and can only call 2 to help her, this allows her to use other powers those demons use so long as shes with one. Being part demon she has enhanced senses strength and speed and still remembers her military training. if shes not with a demon she doesnt have any powers to use making her a normal demon lady.

better?
Cooool!

Zenchi Raven

Dec 4, 2013
um shat? make a now page and edit them both to say which is the actuall IC and OOC, OOc is where people join and the IC will be where we post our replys to the RP
[doublepost=1448671637,1448671591][/doublepost]you cant have both in one IC thats too confusing, well you can but again its really really confusing

Shataivian

Nov 15, 2015
Idaho
www.furaffinity.net
um shat? make a now page and edit them both to say which is the actuall IC and OOC, OOc is where people join and the IC will be where we post our replys to the RP
[doublepost=1448671637,1448671591][/doublepost]you cant have both in one IC thats too confusing, well you can but again its really really confusing
I'm a little confused... So should I start a new thread?
[doublepost=1448671820][/doublepost]
Ooooh I get it. Ok! Sorry. Thank makes perfect sense.

Zenchi Raven

Dec 4, 2013
when its done just post the site page and well reply when able. be sure this page states its the OOC so people join here then they can post in the real IC when accepted ^^

Shataivian

Nov 15, 2015
Idaho
www.furaffinity.net
when its done just post the site page and well reply when able. be sure this page states its the OOC so people join here then they can post in the real IC when accepted ^^
How do I change the name of this thread to OOC?
[doublepost=1448672361,1448672009][/doublepost]Ok
I think I did it. Does it look right to you? (Other than I haven't posted a link to the IC Thread)

Shataivian

Nov 15, 2015
Idaho
www.furaffinity.net
Dec 14, 2015
Hm. I am tempted, I must say. If you're still accepting new players, that is. I rather like Gamma World and After the Bomb(Showing my age here, but it's not like it's a secret anyway). If not, it's cool.

Shataivian

Nov 15, 2015
Idaho
www.furaffinity.net
Hm. I am tempted, I must say. If you're still accepting new players, that is. I rather like Gamma World and After the Bomb(Showing my age here, but it's not like it's a secret anyway). If not, it's cool.
Go for it! Always love a new face! And feel free to reply to that thread at any time. That goes for everyone. I don't think it's necessary to go in any sort of order. If it feels right, have fun!