Playstation Classic

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

Eradose

Outside contributer, not comunuty member.
Jun 1, 2009
www.furaffinity.net
Well, with the success of the NES Classic and SNES Classic, as well as many other plug and play consoles, Sony has decided to throw their hat in the ring to make a plug and play version of the classic PS1. As of today, we got the price for this ($99), and the list of 20 games for this. https://www.gamespot.com/articles/s...utm_medium=email&utm_source=weekly_newsletter

• Battle Arena Toshinden
  • Cool Boarders 2
  • Destruction Derby
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Grand Theft Auto
  • Intelligent Qube
  • Jumping Flash
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Mr Driller
  • Oddworld: Abe’s Oddysee
  • Rayman
  • Resident Evil Director’s Cut
  • Revelations: Persona
  • Ridge Racer Type 4
  • Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo
  • Syphon Filter
  • Tekken 3
  • Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six
  • Twisted Metal
  • Wild Arms
As you can see, the lineup is quite solid. Aside from the puzzling addition (no pun intended) of Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo, the games listed are either smash hits (such as Tekken 3, Metal Gear Solid, and of course Final Fantasy VII), or cult classics (such as Jumping Flash and the original Persona). The only major concern is over Resident Evil Director's Cut. Anyone who has played the classic game will know that there are two versions of Director's Cut. A "standard" edition, and the "Dual Shock" edition, with the later being well know for having horrible audio. Given that this Classic console will have standard controllers, not the Dual Shock ones, we could be seeing the Standard edition here, but time will tell.

Thoughts on this?

Belvarius

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 27, 2007
Oologah, OK
Some good games on there, some I've never played. Personally I'm glad to see Wild Arms on there, that was the first game I bought for my original PS1. I think my brother will be disappointed that it's going to be the first Twisted Metal and not the second one. He and a friend of ours used to play the heck out of that game. They made of goal of beating that game on coop on the highest difficulty without dieing using Mr. Grim and Grasshopper, the two weakest when it came to defense. Took them a while but they pulled it off.