1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!
    Dismiss Notice

Persona 5

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by kevassilu, Nov 24, 2013.

1. kevassilu

kevassilu Katbox Forum Member

Atlus just revealed Persona 5 for PS3 coming out winter 2014.

http://persona5.jp/

The trailer doesn't really show much, but at least we have concrete evidence that it's coming out and not just rumors.

I soooooo can't wait for it!! Persona 3 and 4 were amazing!!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  2. Radagast

Radagast Gallery Volunteer

Ok...Looks like the dominant color motif is going to be red (P3 had dark blue for its color, P4 had bright yellow). The slave bit...well Persona 3 pretty much had a theme centering on depression, despair, and the inevitability of death (they've even used 'Memento Mori' - 'remember you will die' as a tagline) Persona 4 focused on a search for truth, understanding and acceptance of the self...I'm guessing Persona 5 is focusing on conformity and control.

...And I'm not sure if we're to interpret the chairs as indicative of the number of protagonists or not. It is my first instinct, but given the headcount of the party in prior installments that seems very low, and the 25 chairs of the final image seems way too high for a party count, so I'm very much expecting my first instinct to be wrong there.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
  3. kevassilu

Maybe the chairs just represent Persona '5' in general. And the 25 chairs is 5 x 5, so it kind of makes sense.

Hopefully now that it's revealed, we'll get a steady stream of info at relatively frequent intervals. I'd love to see a real trailer or actual screenshots. I'm curious about the characters, graphic style used (if they use Catherine's graphics engine), how the battle system works (hoping it's still turn based), if there are still social links or some other equally unique and innovative system to strengthen personas and arcanas, ect.

4. Hunter Neko

Hunter Neko Kitty Computer Guy

Personal Text:
    The body is just an I/O for the brain.
    abiubcuibfadbkvssdvcufvkuycay :pointsMihari: :amazeMihari: :gleeMihari: :heartMihari: :blushMihari:
    Oh my god you guys. Four new Persona games? You have no idea how excited I am right now. Having to restrain myself to keep from bouncing in my seat.
    Persona 5 is probably going to be flarking amazing. I already know this even with nothing being said about it because it's Persona you guyyyyyys!
    I loved Persona 4 Arena and this sequel looks like it'll be just as good.
    Persona 4: Dancing All Night is the most surprising of the bunch, but I love rhythm games, and the series has amazing soundtracks already anyway, so this is going to be gooooood~
    And Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth? Looks like Persona + Etrian Odyssey, and those are two of my favorite RPG series! Aaaaahhhhhhhhhh...
    :heartMihari: :heartMihari: :heartMihari: :heartMihari: :heartMihari: :heartMihari: :heartMihari: :heartMihari: :heartMihari: :heartMihari:

5. DarkParu

DarkParu Katbox Forum Member

I've been watching this for a while waiting for the update and everything since they confirmed the game was in productions.
    This is one of my favorite series to play and replay, and then play again and then more and more and overload... ..
    -Cannot wait for this to come out :).

6. kevassilu

Little more info on Persona 5:

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/11/26/persona-5s-characters-will-restrained-modern-society/

So it looks like it will take place in high school again, not a prison which is what a lot of people were speculating. The ball and chain and slave theme are more symbolic/metaphorical than literal. The characters will be slaves of modern society and they have to overcome trials to free themselves from their "shackles". I guess it will be kind of like facing your true self in Persona 4.
    --- Double Post Merged, Sep 1, 2014, Original Post Date: Nov 27, 2013 ---
    We got a real trailer for Persona 5 now. It only took about a year from the first teaser to get some more real info. Here it is:

The main character looks pretty cool. Hopefully they will release more info during Tokyo Game Show. I want to see what the in-game graphics look like and what the battle system is like.

Oh and it's cool that it's coming out for PS4 now too. So now all of the fans that got rid of their PS3s for PS4s can play Persona 5 as well. I still have my PS3 so it doesn't really matter to me.

7. Gurren

Gurren Katbox Forum Member

So if the guy in the trailer is the protagonist then it looks like the rumors about Sho being the P5 Protag were false.

8. Radagast

Radagast Gallery Volunteer

*looks up who Sho is*

...Honestly, based on the wiki and that last trailer, I'd put my money on that guy being one of the antagonists in this game.

9. Gurren

And I'm loving Adachi's new theme in the fighter.

10. Avencri

Avencri Staff Member Katbox Comic Artist

Home Page:
    The new protagonist looks like Harry Potter. XD

11. kevassilu

Maybe he summons his persona with a wand. lol

12. Avencri

Home Page:
    EXPECTO PERSONUM!!!! *shoots his own head with the wand*

Chaos Sepher likes this.
  13. Gurren

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 2, 2014
  14. White Tiger

White Tiger Swiggity swooty. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Global Moderator

Admittedly, I've heard about the Persona series all over and never tried one of them, so I'm kind of intrigued.

15. Avencri

Home Page:
    They are really good, just remember that this is an Atlus game so you will spend half of your time dead and loosing your progress. XD

16. Chaos Sepher

Chaos Sepher Gallery Volunteer

My brother has gotten really into Persona as of late, got to see a lot of Persona 3 as he played it looked like a damn fun game. Might start playing them myself at some point.

17. Gurren

They're pretty fun. Even though the first three play differently from P3 and P4.

and I say the first three because Persona 2 is split up into two parts. The second part was released in english back in the ps1 days and the first part was released in english for the PSP remake. We never got the second part's psp remake

18. kevassilu

New Trailer!!! OMG it looks amazing!!

19. OzinDafir

OzinDafir New Member

Personal Text:
    Former Lurker Extraordinaire
    I saw that this morning! This one looks awesome!

20. kevassilu

Good news: New trailer
    Bad news: Delayed until Summer 2016

I'm so disappointed that it got delayed until next summer. I was totally expecting to play it in the next few months. I don't know why they kept saying 2015 and then just changed their minds today.

Anyway, the new trailer looks awesome and the game looks amazing! I can't wait for it to come out.

21. Eradose

Eradose Katbox Forum Member

Home Page:
    It might be because of the graphics engine they're using, since they're converting the same one they used on Cathrine to work on PS4.

22. ShinigamiMiroku

ShinigamiMiroku Katbox Forum Member

Home Page:
    I can't wait for this game to come out. :heartKBNekonny:

23. kevassilu

The first five characters and their personas were revealed in the persona magazine:

Main Character: Arsène Lupin
    upload_2015-9-20_13-3-7.png

Ryuji Sakamoto: Captain Kidd
    upload_2015-9-20_13-5-18.png

Anne Takamaki: Carmen
    upload_2015-9-20_13-9-33.png

Morgana: Zorro
    upload_2015-9-20_13-13-6.png

Yusuke Kitagawa: Goemon
    upload_2015-9-20_13-15-57.png

24. Andrewv

Andrewv New Member

I just gotten into the persona games. I dont have much cash so I am starting with persona 3 since it was on sell in the playstation network. I gotta say I love the blend of gameplay. Should I go play the first two or are they not connected like FF games? I hear the first two can be played on the psp. IS that correct?

25. kevassilu

The Persona games are pretty standalone storyline wise with some slight continuity references between some of the games. Persona 3 and 4 are connected pretty closely through the fighting game, Persona Arena, as characters from Persona 3 and 4 are involved.

The first two games are very different from 3 and 4. No social links or anything like that. I played a little bit of 2 Eternal Punishment.