1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!
    Dismiss Notice

Art Patreon Skteches and Extra Art

Discussion in 'Cervelet's Works' started by Cervelet, Oct 15, 2015.

1. Cervelet

Cervelet Staff Member Katbox Comic Artist

As you know, I have a Patreon (Link: www.patreon.com/Cervelet?ty=h ) and now that I reached the first milestone I decided to have a place where we can enjoy the extra art.
    So here we go!
    Based on the third page of the Operation Stealth (http://addictivescience.katbox.net/comic/operation-stealth-3/ ) short...
    Fennec Ninja Colour006.jpg
    Tadaaa!

In case someone wants to try their hands at colouring it, I have attached a high-resolution scan of the inking alone to the post. Or you can also see it here: http://sta.sh/01y4k0t8b1w2

Attached Files:

2. Nixie

Nixie Seal of Approval Staff Member Katbox Comic Artist

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Ort ort ort
    Gotta say, I love the subject matter and composition for this one. I approve of fennec ninja!

3. MrAMP

MrAMP No. 1 Fun Guy Community Contributor

Personal Text:
    Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
    SWEET!!! I must say that I got a laugh out of The Captain and his long samurai sword tongue. And it was a nice touch to see Lukas in his natural element despite being a fennec.

4. Cervelet

On to sketches!
    "Sorry I didn't notice the first one... oops... And honestly I like your sketches in all, although Celia is my favorite of your characters. So I would say more of her general craziness and mad science!"
    PatreonSketch-Celiaswork008.jpg
    "I'd really like to see a picnic scene with the gang. (celia, cath, genie, lukas, mark and vivian) but I know the more characters there are the longer it takes. SO if this does not inspire you or If you believe it will take to long. Just use Lukas and Genie (My two favorites characters). Keep being awesome and making such amazing comics."
    PatreonSketch-Picnic007.jpg
    "New here. So...we just randomly say whatever? So in that case, how about any of the following:
    (1) Lukas transformed as a Civet?
    (2) Celia transformed into a mouse and cosplaying as Tootsie from Las Lindas
    (3) Steve dancing around from Caribbean Blue"
    Patreon.Civet Lukas.jpg

5. Nixie

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Ort ort ort
    Haha, cute how nobody knows what a civet is but Lukas.

6. MrAMP

Personal Text:
    Sketch #1
    Nothing says crazy like taking a ride on a barrel of radioactive waste.
    Wait...would that be crazy or insance? XD

Nicely done with the composition of the piece, especially the speed lines added to the barrel to show movement.

Sketch #2
    Celia will forever be the third wheel of this group.

Sketch #3
    You know, I kind of feel bad for civiets as they do technically look like cats but belong to Family Viverridae rather than Family Felidae.

7. Cervelet

Fist of the dragongirl LD.jpg And this months colour illustration is here! enjoy.

8. MrAMP

Personal Text:
    Well, that Fist of the Dragon Girl really looks like it could serve as one of those movie promotional images one sees at the movie theaters! Well done my good fellow.

9. Cervelet

Cubist from http://www.atarmslength.net/ played a bit around with the typo of the fist of the dragongirl poster. We thought we'd share that : )
    fist of dragongirl.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Nov 23, 2015, Original Post Date: Nov 15, 2015 ---
    "I wasn’t quite certain what limitations there were for this tier, character, bust, or full figure, for this one, I’ll just go rather simple with a 1 OC full figure sketch. For the sketch itself, I would like to have my OC, AMP, in We are the Men in Black, for We are Many (aka Smith) cosplay. Because of the shades, I would recommend someone of a more serious expression. If it’s not too much trouble, could you add two other Smith agents to the side, each looking at the other, with the following exchange: Smith…why is that agent a weasel. I think it’s a new recruit. Thanks again and looking forward to the Thanksgiving and Christmas special."

I changed the text a tiny bit...
    Patreon sketch009.jpg

MrAMP likes this.
  10. MrAMP

Personal Text:
    Oh man. XD That's perfect! I just enjoy that walking/struting pose in addition to that little spark in his eye.

11. Cervelet

"How about Mark and sharkdude (could not find his name) geeking out together over building a new mech."
    Patreon-robomechs005.jpg

12. MrAMP

Personal Text:
    I too am with them for what Aqua Teen Hunger Force has taught me of mecha designs and women. XD
    I'm surprised Mark threw his computer though as I imagine that's some pretty expensive component.

13. Cervelet

It may have been expensive, but it's actually worthless. Look closer at what they are throwing. : P

14. Nixie

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Ort ort ort
    Hahaha! Oh, man. Perfect.

15. Chaos Sepher

Chaos Sepher Gallery Volunteer

Of course boobs on a mech can be useful! Provided they are designed to function as missile launchers or some such.

16. Cervelet

"Might be a bit of a blast from the past but, how about Tid and Riez."
    These are the characters of what I did before Addictive Science. I did a bunch of things before doing Addictive Science, and this was a series I actually finished. I still like the characters, and you can spot them at times in Addictive Science...
    Patreon- Tid et Riesz005.jpg
    "For this month’s Patreon Sketch, I would like to have my weasel OC, and Celia from Addictive Science transformed into feral reindeer. I would like to have Celia prancing all around in glee. As for AMP, I would like him to have one of his frontal hoofs up near his face looking at it. Recommended Text (Feel free to modify it to your liking): Celia: This is fun! AMP: What the what!? What am I supposed to do with these?"
    Patreon- Prancing006.jpg
    THE PRANCING! It has reached over 9000

17. MrAMP

Personal Text:
    For the first one, I absolutely enjoyed the scenery and character interaction here.
    For the second one, this is freaking hilarious! I definitely got a kick out of Celia's enjoyment and AMP's WTF look there. Well done sir!

18. Cervelet

Here's this month's colour illustration!
    In the spirit of Christmas, I did this:
    Patreon-Lord Crabbington003.jpg
    Merry Christmas! Ho ho ho

MrAMP likes this.
  19. Nixie

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Ort ort ort
    I don't see what that has to do with Christmas, but it is pretty awesome!

20. MrAMP

Personal Text:
    I don't know if it's the color scheme or some reference to an old Christmas opera, but I do enjoy the colors on this one.

21. Cervelet

Actually there is nothing crhistmassy about that one and I was being sarcastic. XD

I took inspiration from early poster arts, early twenty century stuff.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 7, 2016, Original Post Date: Dec 22, 2015 ---
    And this time from japanese boys bands apparently.
    GAMBARE! MENNU INU BULAKUDES FOR GURAITO JOSUTISSU
    Patreon-the Men in Colou027.jpg

22. MrAMP

Personal Text:
    I don't know why, but Panel 4 instantly reminded me of the Ginyu Force from Dragon Ball Z!
    Nicely done with the coloration and shading on this one by the way!
    If it helps, the female fox could be pink. It's like red but more girly. XD

23. Nixie

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Ort ort ort
    I find it funny that Vixen Smith is wearing a collar and tie but the collar is not part of a shit.

24. Cervelet

Here's a little extra : 3
    A science ValentineLD013.jpg

Attached Files:

25. Nixie

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Ort ort ort
    Awwww! <3