1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!
    Dismiss Notice

Comic Page 191: I Spy

Discussion in 'Skidd's Works' started by Phuufy, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Phuufy

Phuufy Super Duper Drawer Person! Staff Member Katbox Comic Artist

Personal Text:
    Rainbows and Unicorns -- and Giant Super Crab Mechs!
    [​IMG]

Seems these two loverbirds made up-- it's sweet except for the creeper.

2. Aeri

Aeri Resident Resident spirit expert Gallery Volunteer

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Cat boobs ain't a spreadsheet
    >He makes a startled noise in the next strip

"NO WITNESSES"

*Sword noises*

3. Eradose

Eradose Katbox Forum Member

Home Page:
    I think this fits the situation...

4. Chaos Sepher

Chaos Sepher Gallery Volunteer

Nah... more like a bullseye arrow shot. <_<

5. Belvarius

Belvarius Katbox Forum Member

Well *expletive of your choice*. Got busted a little sooner than expected, and that's the ambitious one spying on them if I'm not mistaken!

6. Urien Lævateinn

Urien Lævateinn Knight- Errant

A few things. Why is there a crack in the wall? Why hasn't anyone noticed the giant crack in the wall? Why does the wall look paper thin? Why would anyone believe the word of the new guy over the war hero? So many questions.

The paper thin wall thing really bugs me.

7. Slaughts

Slaughts Forum Field Marshal Gallery Volunteer

The crack was shown to be there in Page 189. Plus, it's a no-frills simple tavern, I don't think building maintenance was a high priority back in those days...

8. Phuufy

Phuufy Super Duper Drawer Person! Staff Member Katbox Comic Artist

Personal Text:
    Rainbows and Unicorns -- and Giant Super Crab Mechs!
    Probably from a bar-fight of some sort. I'm sure somebody noticed it but its low on the priority to fix. It's an oversight by Kylar and Joel - but felt the most effective way for Jeston to be able to spy on them - call it convenient or whatever. It gets the job done and isn't some implausibility.

The wall isn't insanely thin - there is sheet-rock + wallpaper and support boards in between. Sorry if that doesn't seem noticeable.

Whose to say? At least we got you asking questions, that means we're doing something right!

9. MrAMP

MrAMP No. 1 Fun Guy Community Contributor

Personal Text:
    Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
    Oh...this will not end well for Kylar at all. I suspect his new recruit will either blackmail into keeping him hush or turn him into the proper authorities in order to boost his own career. Also, and if I'm reading this right, I did not see Kylar's wife having someone else's kid coming at all.

10. Belvarius

Actually given the time period something like plaster and lath would be more likely. Drywall is a fairly modern material and not something that would have been available in a medieval era.

Yeah, that was quite the little revelation! Given what he told his parents earlier in the comic Kylar would have had quite the difficult time explaining her pregnancy when her baby bump became noticeable. If the kid turned out to resemble his dad too then I think that's when things might have started to unravel for Kylar had he not been spied upon here.

11. Falc

Falc not my words Gallery Volunteer

I finally catch up on this just to find that Kylar and Joel's normal life is about to come crashing down. I hope they're able to make to Sesame and co together.

Belvarius likes this.
  12. Belvarius

Me too Falc! I'm really leaning now towards Kylar being outed and having to run and hide as an outlaw as a big part of how he eventually winds up with Sesame's group. I do have my worries though about Joel making it, mainly because it's been hinted for a while now that Kylar is the final member to join up with them. Hopefully it just means they get separated should they have to make a run for it but I suppose we'll just have to wait and see on that matter.

13. Paradoxfox

Paradoxfox Katbox Forum Member

Home Page:
  14. Darth Dies

Darth Dies The Guardian

HA! GAAAAYY-Ohhhhh...Busteeed....

I guess this is how Kylar falls. The kid can litelary run to the soldiers down drinking,tell them what's happening,bust in the room,be eye wittneses,and pop goes the Kylar!

15. Radagast

Radagast Gallery Volunteer

Oh, that's not good.

16. Belvarius

Had a thought this morning about that briefing Joel has yet to give Kylar (and now might not depending on what our spy does). I'm betting that briefing has to do with Valmont and his demands that King Alfonse help him round up the Ubers. Whatever King Alfonse's instructions were regarding that mess now he may have a means of forcing Kylar to go along with them. So suppose soldiers summoned by that spy burst in on Kylar and Joel and catch them in the act. Both are arrested and hauled off to a cell. Now King Al likely wanted his best for whatever mission it is he was going to send Kylar on. He summons Kylar up to a private meeting and makes him a deal: do this mission for the kingdom and he'll grant both Kylar and Joel a full pardon. As insurance to ensure Kylar goes through with the mission Joel will be kept locked up in a cell at the palace should Kylar get any ideas about running off. Should Kylar refuse both he and Joel will be up there on the gallows alongside Rourke and the rest. I think it's a plausible way in which Kylar could meet up with Ses's group and could provide some tension for his interactions with them.
    --- Double Post Merged, Mar 2, 2017, Original Post Date: Feb 28, 2017 ---
    Another little thought this afternoon: When Kylar does eventually meet up with Sesame's group I think the person he may get along best with initially will be Claire simply because out of all of them she is the one least likely to share in this country's prejudice against homosexuality. He could relax a little around her which would likely be a big relief for him.

Phuufy likes this.
  17. Rock-Scar

Rock-Scar The Sentient Sediment

Personal Text:
    *wilhelm scream*
    *me though the first 6 panels*

D'aaaaaaaaaaaaw... xD

*sees last panel*

...aaaaaaawwwwwwFUUUUUUUUUU--!!! <:O

Freakin' Sam...

Phuufy likes this.
  18. Belvarius

Thinking back on the offer I imagined King Alphonse would make to Kylar I've had another thought: Should Kylar take up the King's offer what happens if King Al ups and dies before Kylar can finish the mission, especially if King Al never told anyone else about the deal? Yeah, not good for Kylar and Joel! I imagine it could easily happen too with the King's health already failing all it would take is one particularly bad turn for the worse and Kylar's essentially screwed! Add in a scheming prince working behind the scenes to take over and a power mad psychotic with his own desires for the Ubers and Kylar would have quite the task before him to save Joel and himself!