Peter & Company P&C #268: The Hardest Part of the Job

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!
Jul 4, 2012
Virginia
www.peterandcompany.com
Personal Text
Half-frozen Sprite is the sweet nectar of life.

This is the first big reveal for what happens to kids after they lose their Guardians. For most children, they simply forget ever having them, but they retain all the lessons and experiences that they had with them. Those with Elites, however, never forget them. To these children, their Guardians aren’t Guardians; they are pets, friends, and individuals of significance within their lives.

As Eddy pointed out earlier, an Elite can remain close to their assigned child for much longer than a typical Guardian. They can even remain lifelong friends with them if necessary. After this, Chloe will be a part of Chelsea’s life for a long time to come.

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
OMGG! This page made me hurt…in the feels. The feels! T_T

Hoppy

Fuzzy Old Guy
Sep 2, 2013
Northern Illinois
Personal Text
"Growing OLD is mandatory, but growing UP is entirely optional."
This reminds me of an "invisible friend" I had when I was a kid. His name was Jackie Donnie and, apparently, I played and talked with him a lot up until I was 6 or 7... and I have no memory of him AT ALL. Only after I became an adult my mom and dad both, at separate times, asked me about whatever happened to him and told me all about what they remembered from that time. I still remember nothing. From what I told my mom and dad about him, though, he must have been pretty darned awesome.

Feb 29, 2012
This reminds me of an "invisible friend" I had when I was a kid. His name was Jackie Donnie and, apparently, I played and talked with him a lot up until I was 6 or 7... and I have no memory of him AT ALL. Only after I became an adult my mom and dad both, at separate times, asked me about whatever happened to him and told me all about what they remembered from that time. I still remember nothing. From what I told my mom and dad about him, though, he must have been pretty darned awesome.
It's been shown that parents will remember their child's imaginary friend more clearly than the child themselves after growing up.