Peter & Company P&C #235: One Saturday Morning

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!
Jul 4, 2012
Virginia
www.peterandcompany.com
Personal Text
Half-frozen Sprite is the sweet nectar of life.
Piano has always been a significant part of my life -- I've actually been playing it to varying capacities since I was 2. When I was Peter's age, I had been wanting to learn piano for years, but I'd been stuck up to that point with a rinky-dink tiny keyboard that had only three octaves of keys because my parents couldn't afford an actual piano. So when my mom pulled this stunt with me, this was pretty much my reaction. Here's the commentary for this page, which kinda explains it a bit more:

After the hardships Peter faced over the past ten pages, it feels really good to see him smiling again. Also, to those who have seen Pixar's Inside Out, this moment could be considered a new Core Memory for Peter, and the one that spawns the creation of "Piano Island" in his personality.

When I was in sixth grade (after only being able to play on a tiny keyboard for years) my parents finally could afford to invest in a piano. Our first was an off-brand upright, and it was what I practiced on for the first six years of my lessons. Around the time when I graduated high school, they invested in an upgrade: a Boston Baby Grand, which was one of the most gorgeous instruments I've ever played.

Yes: was. The story of what happened to that piano will be revealed in time (since it will happen in the sequel series, Peter & Whitney, coming soon to the Katbox). In the meantime, I couldn't give Peter a Boston piano here, so instead he has a Cleveland.

Lemurvid

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 29, 2014
Land of Tea
Personal Text
Close to the Edge
Well, this is a nice change of tone for a moment. Thanks for not letting Peter wallow in the angst for too long. After all, I'm sure he'll be back there soon enough...

Jul 4, 2012
Virginia
www.peterandcompany.com
Personal Text
Wouldn't a Cleveland piano play great right up till the finale, then fumble the ball?
Playing on a Cleveland piano, you're cursed to inevitably forget the final line of any piece you play. Yet inexplicably somehow you will still have a tiny fanbase who claim you played flawlessly.

Urien Lævateinn

Knight- Errant
Feb 29, 2012
Yes: was. The story of what happened to that piano will be revealed in time (since it will happen in the sequel series, Peter & Whitney, coming soon to the Katbox).
How soon? Will it be updated along with Peter and Company? Or does it mean that Peter and Company is close to ending?

Jul 4, 2012
Virginia
www.peterandcompany.com
Personal Text
How soon? Will it be updated along with Peter and Company? Or does it mean that Peter and Company is close to ending?
Ohhhh no no no, Peter & Company definitely has a GOOD long while before it ends. Now just to confirm, it definitely does have an ending (it's not going to go on forever). But Peter & Whitney is a sequel series that I'm writing right now and should be launching before the end of 2015 to run alongside P&C. It'll be exclusively published here on the Katbox, too.

As a bit of a preview: P&W will be starting with Peter graduating high school and preparing to head off to college. The series will be focused around the two characters now all grown-up, and tell the story of how they finally end up together (spoiler: Whitney's directly based on my wife, so yes, she and Peter will end up together). It will be after Peter has lost Seth (as all kids with Guardians eventually do), so he won't be in it, but that doesn't mean there won't be elements/easter eggs from P&C sprinkled throughout. You'll see the other non-Guardian characters grown up, and also be able to see them talk about and reference things that happened in P&C's story so far (and maybe some that haven't happened yet.......). So all I'll say is you'll definitely get more out of the comic if you've read P&C all the way through.

Once it launches, I'll be alternating which comic I update each week, so they both will be running simultaneously. Also: since the cast of P&W will be adult aged, it will feature more adult-themed content (i.e. cheesecake moments, adult humor, and language), similar to other comics in the Katbox lineup.

Last edited:

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
Well, I admit that I too was rather surprised with Peter’s excitement about this piano; however, I remembered that he has been quite fond of pianos, which he discovered while he was sick that one day.

On the plus side, Peter has now joined the ranks of super excited characters here, such as…
Sarah whenever she had that sleepover with Sunny and…
Randal for seeing Taffy’s cute glasses…and wall of bacon.
Bacon.png

Playing on a Cleveland piano, you're cursed to inevitably forget the final line of any piece you play. Yet inexplicably somehow you will still have a tiny fanbase who claim you played flawlessly.
I thought that was the Boston piano that made you do that. Or are those the ones that make you play in bars and will eventually be destroyed if an angry mob breaks out? At the very least, I know that the Cleveland pianos cause most players to break out and play the theme song form The Drew Carey Show. The original one, not the whole upbeat one.