Comic P&C #227: Getting Going

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!
Jul 4, 2012
Virginia
www.peterandcompany.com
Personal Text
Half-frozen Sprite is the sweet nectar of life.
So until the P&C and P&W sections are complete and ready to launch on the Katbox front page, I thought I'd go ahead and post the new pages here on the forums with each update. :)

Here's Comic #227: Getting Going. See if you can pick out one of the Katbox ladies in the cameos on this page!

The archives will be included in the Katbox P&C site once it's up, but if you'd like to read them in the meantime, you can do so here: http://www.peterandcompany.com

Ironfoot

Prime Minister of Fun!
Jul 7, 2010
ironfootkb.deviantart.com
This is excellent! I am excited for the new comic and it's new home here at KB.

Also, I totally remember that fear and trepidation when dealing with the opposite gender at that age. This page really well captures it.

Jul 4, 2012
Virginia
www.peterandcompany.com
Personal Text
Hmmm, you're comic seems pretty cool, I'll read it all when I go on my trip next week.

.....Also, I wish I could could have a cameo in a comic. :cryTiggs:
You can! They're free and all you gotta do is show up to the stream when I'm penciling the page. Check the stream info thread I posted on here if you wanna get in on it. :)

This whole story arc will have plenty of slots for cameos, so you definitely have a good chance to get in!

Urien Lævateinn

Knight- Errant
Feb 29, 2012
You can! They're free and all you gotta do is show up to the stream when I'm penciling the page. Check the stream info thread I posted on here if you wanna get in on it. :)
If only those streams work for me. They always make my computer crash. I'm still trying to get that fixed.

Feb 19, 2013
Little Rock,AR
Personal Text
Pimp Power's, ACTIVATE!

This whole story arc will have plenty of slots for cameos, so you definitely have a good chance to get in!
Oh, that's cool, might have to check it out when next time you do that......when ever that may be. :P

Urien Lævateinn

Knight- Errant
Feb 29, 2012
And I'm finally caught up with all Katbox comics minus Draconia Chronicles
Well tell you what: if you can't get it fixed this week, just note me your character ref pic on FA (send to PeterAndCompany) and I'll include it in the next page. :)
Wow that's really nice. Thank you.

Loke

King of Kings
Sep 27, 2011
Not your business
johanneshewley.deviantart.com
Personal Text
Just believe in me
:happyKayin: Oh my! I really love your style there! :gleeKayin:
The scenes are so clean and understandable, the text seems to be very well fitted into each frame, the dialogue is consice and right to the point without letting go that nice joke in the end, also the rule of the thirds is achieved when it needs to :heartKayin:... sorry for kissing your butt that much but man :pointsKayin: you deserve it! :gleeKayin: (for now, please, keep it up!)
So looking forward for the next page :heartKayin:

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
OMG!!! I see a cameo for our very own KatBoss ID, our resident WK Mistress Zoie Falcona , and Las Lindas's very own Sarah enjoying their days in school.

But seriously though, I really like the direction of the current arc as it brings so many memories back of my youth and school days when I had a crush and was sadly subsequently shot down multiple times. Hope he has better luck.

That bus must be a quarter-mile long.
:happySnowman: The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round, round and round...
:amazeSnowman: In order to expand into LIMOUSINE BUS!!!
San-Diego-Party-Bus-Rental.jpg

@Loke Yeah man. I do enjoy the style employed here. I was actually surprised to learn a while back that he does this all by hand and then uploads for the rendering.

Jul 4, 2012
Virginia
www.peterandcompany.com
Personal Text
@Loke Yeah man. I do enjoy the style employed here. I was actually surprised to learn a while back that he does this all by hand and then uploads for the rendering.
Thanks! Yup, 95% of what I do is traditional sketch/ink work. The only part that's digital is the grayscale added in Photoshop. Even the lettering is technically done by hand -- I clean it up with a computer font that is a digital version of my handwriting.

On a related note, here's the sketch of the monthly wallpaper from tonight's stream. I'll be making a sticky thread on here for the wallpapers once it's inked and colored; since I let folks decide on the subject for each one, I'd love to hear everyone's ideas here. :)

2015_03_pre.jpg

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
Well, @JonPonikvar , I must say that I enjoyed the discussion on this wallpaper and the subject matter. It's kind of nice to see the the girls enjoying some time in the forest for a change instead of Peter and his friends. And I got a laugh out of her eating those flowers.

Loke

King of Kings
Sep 27, 2011
Not your business
johanneshewley.deviantart.com
Personal Text
Just believe in me
Thanks! Yup, 95% of what I do is traditional sketch/ink work. The only part that's digital is the grayscale added in Photoshop. Even the lettering is technically done by hand -- I clean it up with a computer font that is a digital version of my handwriting.

On a related note, here's the sketch of the monthly wallpaper from tonight's stream. I'll be making a sticky thread on here for the wallpapers once it's inked and colored; since I let folks decide on the subject for each one, I'd love to hear everyone's ideas here. :)

View attachment 2043
By the gods... Hand drawing!? :furyKayin: that immediatly levels up my respect for you as an artist :gleeKayin:
Alas, I'm taking a certification in narrative right now and hell it takes all day long... seriously, it begins at 8:00 am and ends at 21:00 to 22:00 p.m. I will be missing streams for arround two weeks :sadAngel: No cameo for Loke I guess, well at least I will be able to read the comic which is nice
Keep it up bud, I've got high hopes on ya' :gleeKayin:

Regulos

Forum Lurker
May 18, 2011
New Mexico
Personal Text
My worst fear is probably being a giraffe with a sore throat.
Never read your comic before but I guess this is a good time to start from the beginning. :dropKBNekonny: