Comic OW #183: Gone Fishin'

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
OH SNAP! Milo is actually alive. I must say I'm impressed with his determination and disappointed in the humans for, what I can only describe, as a combination of incompetence and laziness when it comes to "retiring" "former employees."

Chaos Sepher

Gallery Volunteer
Mar 2, 2008
New Jersey
Can someone good at archive diving please bring up the comic where Trilby instructed Milo how to survive?

But yeah pretty impressive he is still around. I doubt anyone could live like that indefinitely but hopefully they won't have to if Trilby's plan works out.
and disappointed in the humans for, what I can only describe, as a combination of incompetence and laziness when it comes to "retiring" "former employees."
Putting aside for now how appalling it is how "disposable" they consider their hybrid captives, I feel like there are certainly plenty of ways to do away with them, even painlessly, and to make sure the job is done. Hell this was thwarted by holding one's breath at the right time. Not to mention apparently Lina was simply able to swim out of it once it was ejected. Is it not locked once jettisoned? (also gives me the macabre thought of just how many hybrid remains are down there)

It is becoming increasingly evident that these humans are not really on the ball as they would like to believe. Sure it speaks volumes that they have been able to keep up this conspiracy and remain hidden for all this time. But I would surmise that over time they have grown increasingly arrogant, lazy, and careless in their methods. Like how no one seemed to notice when they were cutting their hair can tagging their necks that Jill already had one. Even if the likes of Trilby wasn't plotting against the system I feel like it is only a matter of time before they slipped up in a catastrophic way, which they very well may have already with recent events. At this point, I wouldn't trust this bunch to conspire to throw a surprise birthday party.

Last edited:

Chaos Sepher

Gallery Volunteer
Mar 2, 2008
New Jersey
I too must question the logistics of this method of disposal. They jettison an entire room for the sake of drowning two people? How is that not a material loss to them?

Here you go.
I would assume that the room is typically filled with more (again damned macabre line of thinking) but yeah agreed that does seem pretty needlessly wasteful. Dunno how often they " sort samples" but for as long as they have been doing this feel like they would need to replace those chambers enough.... I mean if they possibly retrieved those chambers feel like it would be more of a connected submerging rather than just shooting it loose altogether.

Thanks very much for the link @Radagast , This certainly gives a lot to think on more with the circumstances. Milo actually looks less malnourished than he since we saw him last, but could be just art stylings and not getting a closer look at him yet. Also reminding of the other more unpleasant ways they might "decommission" hybrids. Also seems that Lina figured out how to live through this disposal well enough on her own. Did she pick the lock too? (which I vaguely recall that was mentioned in her skill set but can't remember, again would appreciate a link if it was mentioned)

But yeah with Trilby's last line in that comic does seem like when she does attempt her escape she might swing by to see if he is still around, which provides hope the siblings here will be picked up as well. Also worth noting apparently he quick mentions here that he has a pup...

PS: I seriously can't wait to see this godforsaken place burned to the ground... or the sea or whatever

Radagast

Gallery Volunteer
Feb 29, 2012
Also seems that Lina figured out how to live through this disposal well enough on her own. Did she pick the lock too? (which I vaguely recall that was mentioned in her skill set but can't remember, again would appreciate a link if it was mentioned)
I don't think she ever specified lockpicking, but she did allude to scoping out places to burgle, so it's easy to infer that lockpicking was in her skillset.

Captain Video

Frontier Psychiatrist
Gallery Volunteer
Sep 4, 2009
Partially Submerged Boat
ourworld.katbox.net
Personal Text
"No man can eat fifty Faberge eggs!"
I'm kind of surprised how quickly people jumped on how an execution system could be more efficient.

I would assume that the room is typically filled with more (again damned macabre line of thinking)
Correct. This thing is designed to fit like 10 people.

apparently he quick mentions here that he has a pup..
He's actually saying "pupils," something Trilby had just mentioned, before she cuts him off.

Chaos Sepher

Gallery Volunteer
Mar 2, 2008
New Jersey
I'm kind of surprised how quickly people jumped on how an execution system could be more efficient.

Correct. This thing is designed to fit like 10 people.

He's actually saying "pupils," something Trilby had just mentioned, before she cuts him off.
As many of us have mentioned, I think the point we are making is how indicative about how they operate and yeah if you are gonna commit mass atrocities while playing at being "civilized" there are certainly more efficient ways to go about it.

Really I can just picture a scenario if the main civilization of hybrids manage to find and tear this place apart, that an investigation of the larger area as they possibly find god knows how many of these coffins at the bottom of the sea beneath this place.

Ah I see. Well can understand how that might be misconstrued.

Falc

Gallery Volunteer
Jun 5, 2013
beyond the dream
I didn't realize that Milo was even a red panda until this page. More than anything else, that was what surprised me this page. Also, yay, Lisa and Art live to see another day~