Comic OW #147: Information

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

Radagast

Gallery Volunteer
Feb 29, 2012
:shockedBriella: A [presumably] highly educated woman like Jill doesn't know about Antarctica? Just what are they teaching in school these days?

...Or, I suppose that the humans might have different names for the continents than the non-humans do.

Chaos Sepher

Gallery Volunteer
Mar 2, 2008
New Jersey
Hope those jumpsuits have good insulation. I too wonder if it is just that they have a different name for Antarctica.

So I wonder what their objectives were when Tribly was in the know, and how they would have changed. No doubt the changes may have be the reason for her falling out and continued refusal to play ball.

Radagast

Gallery Volunteer
Feb 29, 2012
That comment is just racist to me...the term "Non-human" just.....wow....
Couldn't you have used @Chalo's term "Prime"?
Not really, no. Because Prime is specific to Chalo's work and describes a particular - originally extra-terrestrial - people with a particular lore and cultural history behind them. Until such time that I have reason to believe CV and Kuurion's work overlaps with Chalo's in that respect, I would no sooner call Jill a Prime than I would Captain Cheng (a Pelzarian), or Jyrras Gianna (a Being) one, or Alexandre Dumas an African-American (Dumas was French). I don't know what the catch-all term for Our World is, so I went with non-human as a stop-gap.

Kuurion

IE Kuuribro IE Kuubeans ID Kuubutts
Jul 3, 2009
Land of Frost and Maple
ourworld.katbox.net
I don't know what the catch-all term for Our World is, so I went with non-human as a stop-gap.
As of this time, we don't have one. That's partly intentional. :gleeAlexW: But I appreciate the restraint in not using somebody else's chosen term, and I agree with it! Our characters aren't primes, primes are a term from Las Lindas, not Our World.

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
Either their educational system is horrible, the anthro's technology isn't advance to satellite imagery, the anthro's don't explore that much any more, or humans call it by a different name. Otherwise, how does she not know what Antarctica is? I mean, her new human boss is even looking at her like "Say what now."

Also, now that I'm looking at this more, is it me or does Jill and Trilby look similar to each other? Is it possible, that Trilby is Jill's mother? I should note that I'm saying mother in the sense that it could be some kind of clone or donated the eggs for the experiment.

Last edited:

Darth Dies

The Guardian
Feb 25, 2016
Unknown
Not really, no. Because Prime is specific to Chalo's work and describes a particular - originally extra-terrestrial - people with a particular lore and cultural history behind them. Until such time that I have reason to believe CV and Kuurion's work overlaps with Chalo's in that respect, I would no sooner call Jill a Prime than I would Captain Cheng (a Pelzarian), or Jyrras Gianna (a Being) one, or Alexandre Dumas an African-American (Dumas was French). I don't know what the catch-all term for Our World is, so I went with non-human as a stop-gap.
I'm deeply sorry if I offended someone.
Its just that fact that its not specified how we call the cast of OW. Because @Chalo's comic Las Lindas was the first comic I started reading on the KB. And even after I caught up with it I only waited for the new updates if LL. Then I started reading other comics,from TeoR to DC to Rascals. So the term,so the term "Prime" stuck with me through out the KB comics.
Unless its specified like @Nixie's Anthronauts.

Radagast

Gallery Volunteer
Feb 29, 2012
I'm deeply sorry if I offended someone.
Its just that fact that its not specified how we call the cast of OW. Because @Chalo's comic Las Lindas was the first comic I started reading on the KB. And even after I caught up with it I only waited for the new updates if LL. Then I started reading other comics,from TeoR to DC to Rascals. So the term,so the term "Prime" stuck with me through out the KB comics.
Unless its specified like @Nixie's Anthronauts.
Offended? I was simply explaining why I chose one term and why I feel that another is inapplicable, and I tend to default to "essay-mode" for explanations (even in spoken conversation, actually).

Last edited: