Oasis #012: Riverside Conflict

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!

Man...that one brother is pretty bold, a player, and pretty arrogant if he thinks he can get Mihari into his harem. XD
But seriously though, I got a chuckle out of this page, especially that second to last panel.

Darth Dies

The Guardian
Feb 25, 2016
Unknown
Mihari,the Time traveling Goddess of Flames!

Also,I agree with Agmose...what's wrong with having a Harem?

Ahh,,the Hyskos...Not much is known about them...

And is it just my dirty mind or is Kaipo holding specific parts of her body?

Darth Dies

The Guardian
Feb 25, 2016
Unknown
Wait. That 3rd panel. Ahmose said he is to get his sister?
Pretty common practice with ye olde nobles, know for sure Egyptians did it.
One sentence...
Cercei and Jaime Lannister...

But seriously tho,wouldn't it be wiser for a Noble house to marry their young to another noble house,thus strenghtening both of 'em?

Also I think I heard that the anchient Ottomans married cousins of families in order to "keep the bloodline pure".
I think this served as an inspiration to George RR Martin's Targaryen incest thing...

Radagast

Gallery Volunteer
Feb 29, 2012
Wait. That 3rd panel. Ahmose said he is to get his sister?
Yep. Not uncommon for Pharaohs in ancient Egypt. To my understanding that was one of the major reasons that scholars historically believed that the order of succession was matrilineal (a belief that apparently lost popularity in the 1980s).

Yes, Ancient Egyptians, royal family members married each other. Which causes bad off spring as we all know... (I hope) Look up Tutankhamen's 3D Reconstruction, he wasn't 'pretty'.) FYI - King Tut is a descendant from Ahmose's family!)
Kamose was to be wed with Ahmes-Nefertari; as Ahmose tells Mihari. (she'll make an appearance later). Ahmose and AN (shortage of her name) were wed in their time; she even became famous and had a cult lasting deeply into the 19th Dynasty.
So they were truly husband and wife. Though, I'm giving a little 'spoiler' here. Kamose was told to wed AN all his life and now Ahmose will, this opens a unfortunate series of events between the two woman.

Ancient Egyptians believed that the woman was the only one who could produce an heir that was part Deity, it was only through their royal blood though. I don't like using 'incest' in this comic but this was a true historical fact. I can't remove this I'm afraid. Though, no sexual acts will be seen between Ahmose and AN. Oh, others? - Eh, we'll see ;) - I like to keep it clean. XD

I'm surprised no one wonders why Sais is sighing; after all, she cares deeply for Ahmose.

You'll come to understand soon the struggles between Kamose and Kaipo, what it took for them to be together.

As for her 'private parts' that she seems to be holding, she's holding the knot of her skirt, due 'what I all just mentioned' giving her stress and sadness...
Kaipo is bit of a cry baby, always worried about so many things, while Sais is the more stronger twin.

It's based on real historical events. :) Even though there's not THAT much known. I wrote years ago (2001) a book about Kamose and in 2006-2007 - I did a test, which is pre-Oasis (see bellow), it got almost published in Belgium. I forfeit (I had no choice) the project and with Patreon, this story got selected and has been rebuild to what you see now.

I study Seqenenre, Kamose and Ahmose since 2001 - though my focus is more on Kamose. He's a mystery and he must have been a young man going through a lot, their father started a war with a small army of Medjai, I always write about how he struggles and hangs onto his wife for strength, which is the base of the comic.

I know they should be 'human' in this comic - simple explanation, in Page 2 and 3; Rean'Jih wonders what's on Sahtori's mind. Sahtori is telling her life story but Rean'Jih has never seen a 'human' in his entire life. (They aren't on Earth, Rean'Jih and Sahtori - she's just visiting her dear friend.) So she switched it to something else. When we will reach the ending of the comic, this will be cleared by Sahtori for the readers.

TBH; why they are fennecs and not humans, is due my human style looks more Disney-ish like and I thought of fennecs because I thought they are so adorable! :)

You can read the story as well but I'm to shy to post my novel anywhere online, if I may add. My English isn't so great and 'Daughter of Aset' the original title of Oasis, is mostly in Dutch, so I'm still translating it. LOL

Enjoy ;) - This is from 2006-2007
And yes, the brothers will behave like this in Oasis 2017 - XD
You have been warned! ;)​

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
I'm surprised no one wonders why Sais is sighing; after all, she cares deeply for Ahmose.
I figured that she was sighing as a combinatoric of Kaipo's stress, her potentially secret feelings for Ahmose, and the whole uncomfortable talks of harems.

Also, it looks like we can't see that image there.